Home Community Liverpool LFC v MANU

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Oz Yob
    Participant

That time of the year for the bore draw. No way will they come at us & like the last couple of games at Anfield they will play not to lose. We haven’t beaten them under the very special one & I can’t see that changing now. Going off league position & form you’d think LFC would be a certain winner but I see only a draw at best. Expect their midfield to be bypassed most of the game with them lumping it up to Fellani & Lukaku & looking for set pieces. This will not be good on the eye & won’t be a great advert for the game.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

United aren’t in the best place at the moment and have a number of injuries. Injuries aside it would be tactically naieve of United to come at Liverpool but that doesn’t mean United won’t try and win the game.

I suspect it will be cagey from United and understandably so given both Club’s current form with United trying to hit Liverpool on the break or from set pieces tbh I can’t see Liverpool losing so I would say it’s a narrow Liverpool win or a draw.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
        maverick1973
        Participant

Going for a 2-1 to Pool.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

3-0 Liverpool.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Editor
            Keymaster

Well any more than zero shots combined by the hour mark will make it a more entertaining game than Liverpool City a few weeks back. Both Klopp and Guardiola were praised for their resolute, cagey performance there. I doubt the same luxury will be afforded to Mourinho on Sunday! 2-0 Pool for me. If you can’t batter this Utd side at home, you never will

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Editor
              Keymaster

I never understand those who say Utd lump it up to Lukaku. We’ve been terrible this season but nobody who watches us every week would say we bypass our midfield and lump it to Lukaku. I wish we bloody would bypass our midfield though. It would keep the ball away from the liabthat is Pogba

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                maverick1973
                Participant

Ed-They mean to Fellaini,surely?Lol

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  maverick1973
                  Participant

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2018/12/13/january-transfer-off-then-these-chelsea-fans-devastated-as-blues-stars-injury-could-see-potential-transfer-departure-scuppered/ Lol,add Lukaku to him and you have a wasted ยฃ160m on a striking duo.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by maverick1973.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Oz Yob
                    Participant

Ed, Must admit I don’t watch a great deal of manu so I may well be talking out my proverbial but from what I have seen you need to go behind before you start playing, unless of course your playing the top teams & you do it from the get go. That baffles me as you have some outstanding attacking players. That is the difference between this game & the c$ty game for me anyway. On the whole c$ty attack pretty much everyone & Liverpool did last season as well. Regardless I still see nothing but a draw for this game.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      gjblues
                      Participant

I can never bring myself to say “I hope United win”, so I’ll have to suffice with “I hope Liverpool lose”
                        ๐Ÿ™‚
                        COYB

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

Looking forward to this one. Hope it lives up to the hype.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Oz Yob
                          Participant

Damn that last post was screwed up, bloody predictive text. Especially against the top teams you play defensive, don’t know how that came out as it did.
                            It’ll be a draw folks, if we go ahead they will come out & play & with our defensive injuries I can see them scoring. If they go ahead it’ll be one hell of a battle to equalize as they will sit everyone behind the ball. Here’s hoping we go ahead so it’ll at least be ok to watch.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Adlab
                            Participant

Easy for Liverpool. Although I hope Utd win and keep Jose and co in place!
                              If Utd did not have the name etc but were say Leicester but with the Utd team and Jose – if you get what I mean, it woouldnt be the “big” game on tv and you would be predicting 2-0 or 3-0.

Utd have been poor this season. Why should it change but it is football and you never can tell.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Editor
                              Keymaster

Liverpool v Manchester United: Who made your combined XI? – http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46496330

Not sure what’s worse, that Pogba was the one Utd player who made it in or that De Gea didn’t! Swap DDG in and Pogba out and it shows the size of the task for Mourinho today. They are better in every position except keeper and even then, there isn’t much in that anymore. If Mourinho gets a point he’ll have done well!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Editor
                                Keymaster

Put it this way, if Pep went there with one of the best squads ever in the PL and played cagey football, nobody can blame Mourinho anymore for doing the same with a far inferior team. Something tells me he’ll be slaughtered though for not going all out attack ?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Oz Yob
                                  Participant

Ed, c$ty tried to come at us & got done more than once last season, itโ€™s be suicide if you lot did & I certainly donโ€™t expect it to happen. Point Iโ€™m making is you lot seem to me to play that way more often than not & I donโ€™t get it, you have some outstanding attacking players that should put most teams away with attacking football. As more moanino talking about what Liverpool spend, he has obviously forgot the millions upon millions he wasted in recent seasons.
                                    Anyways, nothing can convince me we will win this game, I predict a draw but hope it wonโ€™t be a loss, all things considered I just canโ€™t see us breaking the duck in this one.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Adlab
                                    Participant

Dont know what Liverpool fans are worroied about. This is NOT the ManU of old. This is a mid-table team with a manager who was number one but isnt any more. Take De Gea out and what do you have?
                                      But……you just never know and thats why we all watch and chat!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Editor
                                      Keymaster

Completely agree Adlab. Still very impressed that Mourinho was able to get as high as second last season with the squad he has. Liverpool need to be easily winning this if they have any real hopes of challenging.

Oz, we don’t actually play that way very often. It tends to be in the big away games, but it’s interesting to see Pep seemed to adopt the same approach at Anfield too this season. That’s not hiding the fact that we’ve been awful regardless. No urgency, no passion, slow etc.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        nine nine nine

United will finish in the top 6 for sure and I still wouldn’t write them off of putting in a top 4 challenge in the final analysis especially if they make a signing or two in the January window which is what is being predicted.

Today is a much bigger game for Liverpool than it is for United because Livrpool are challenging for the title and nobody expects too much from United.

I think it will be a tight game with either a narrow Liverpool win or a draw but we’ll see.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Oz Yob
                                          Participant

One thing Iโ€™m more than certain about is we wonโ€™t win easily. As I said I donโ€™t think we will win at all but if we do it wonโ€™t be easy.
                                            We are now entering the time of the season where the quality of depth in your squad plays its part & I predict this busy time is where c$ty will run away with it so I donโ€™t think thereโ€™s any worry about challenging for the title, we are fighting to get as high as we can in the top 4 but it wonโ€™t be 1st, Iโ€™m more than confident of that. Thatโ€™s not being negative thatโ€™s just reality, youโ€™ll see come the end of Jan, itโ€™ll all but be wrapped up for the moneybags.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 71 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.