Home Community General Football Len Johnrose

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Big Jim
    Participant

Just read an article on Len Johnrose about him having MND on BBC website. Puts into context the quarrels and disagreements on here. What a brave fella.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

Truly dreadful the poor chap.Hes in my thoughts and prayers.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Big Jim
        Participant

Very open honest and moving stuff from Johnrose. Kind of puts my issues in context.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          nine nine nine

Very true Jim. I visit an Oncology Hospital regularly and it’s very humbling and puts everything in to perspective.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Big Jim
            Participant

Yep our family have had more than its fair share of those types of visits the past few years. But we are the lucky ones as it’s generally been curable. But many I have met are not as lucky. Best wishes to you and yours! Jim

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

Jim, much appreciated mate. Horrible disease took my Brother and Sister in Law.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Big Jim
                Participant

Sadly its going to take my Dad in the next couple of years. My wife and Brother-in-law are both in remission thank goodness. My sister in law has just finished treatment. My best mate died from it shortly before any wife was diagnosed FFS. The day my wife was diagnosed I sat in the waiting room chatting to a City fan basically all day whos wife was also in. She came out smiling luckily, mine didn’t! it had never occured to me the results could be bad and then we had two weeks of complete and utter worry before we knew what we were dealing with. The only time i mananged to not think about what could possibly happen was at a City game and then only for a few seconds at a time, thank you David Silva! Just a short escape from reality. Things are now on the level but not quite as they were before as we try and live for today. Reading Len Johnrose brought home to me those awful moments of uncertainty. How I wish cures for such awful diseases could be found. Jim

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

I’m sorry to hear that Jim.

I know how difficult it is to manage it all and only those touched by that dreadful disease can appreciate the magnitude of what you and your family have been through and are going through.

As you rightly say it puts lots of other things into perspective. I hope and pray you and yours get some positive news. All the very best Nine.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Big Jim
                    Participant

These things occur in life sadly. I have never listed them out like that before, seemed a bit weird. But as we said some people are in a far worse situation and we have many things to be thankful for. Cheers Jim

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      cm
                      Participant

Some deep stuff guys. I hope and wish well on you both and your family members/close ones who are going through or witnessing someone going through this horrible disease. Sorry about your Dad, Jim, I lack understanding on the disease, but obviously it just sounds horrible to deal with from what I know about it. I wish your dad, wife and brother in law well. Prays and thoughts go out to them.

Prays and thoughts go out to Len Johnrose too.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Anonymous

I have noticed City supporters come across as very decent humble and honourable people unlike so many supporters from other clubs.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Big Jim
                          Participant

Cheers CM.

Moos, personally I don’t think we are any different. Those affected by a serious disease probably all think the along similar lines.

I posted the thread about Johnrose mainly because it is humbling and having read what Sean said about people falling out over and internet forum, it makes you realise what really is important. Football although a massively important part of my life is at the end of the day just an escape.

Apologies if too deep. Back to the rivalries and aggression this weekend!?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

No need to apologise Jim.

Without going too deeply into things we all have a better understanding of each others situations and although it doesn’t feel like it sometimes there are more important things in life than just football.

My job regularly took me all over the world often to the other side of the world often for three weeks plus at a time and I missed so much of my family growing up and important dates in their lives and the last few years has taught me that Family and health are the two most important things in life especially when life becomes so precious. Cheers Nine.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              cm
                              Participant

Agree with Nine, no need to apologise Jim.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                maverick1973
                                Participant

No need for apologies Jim,can only repeat what 27 says.Ever since I joined these forums I have been nothing more than a light-weight wum myself,not caring what team/s people support.As grown-ups we have to realise that everybody has problems! Yes we all enjoy talking about football but there are far more important things in life,just take the case when RVP joined us from Arsenal and his famous saying: I have a family to look after=trying to excuse his £250k p/w contract @ United! As if somebody needs £250k p/w to feed a family of 3 or 4.Or Yaya not receiving a cake for example,lol.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Mick Far
                                  Participant

Strength to you and yours Jim!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    maverick1973
                                    Participant

Yes Jim,to you and 999s and your families.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

Cheers Mav.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Editor
                                        Keymaster

Yeah thoughts with you both and your families. Was quite moving reading the story about Len Johnrose on the BBC. Just really helps to put things in perspective.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.