Home Community General Football Koeman Sacked by Everton

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    FergieTime
    Participant

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41683786

It was expected.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Anonymous

was only a matter of time. sold their only source of goals and bought terribly. performances have been shocking.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

Just saw this, I wonder who they’re thinking about as a replacement? There were already stories about a return for Moyes, possibly not the worst idea but nowhere near the best either…

Big Sam? At least he’ll get them organized and most likely out of danger…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          FergieTime
          Participant

Ancelotti?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Chucky McChuckface
            Participant

I though Carlo wanted the rest of the season off? Would have also thought he’d want a slightly more “prestigious” club to be honest…someone with reasonable CL credentials at the very least.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              FergieTime
              Participant

There is Dave Wagner or although very unlikely, Marco Silva.

Cannot see them going for Big Sam. With the money behind them now, they will most likely go after someone who is pretigious or young and up and coming like Wagner and Silva.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Chucky McChuckface
                Participant

Fair shouts but somehow I don’t think Wagner or Silva are likely to jump ship, especially Wagner. I think they’re going to have to go for an “unemployed” manager to be honest.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Editor
                  Keymaster

Can Ancelotti really have such high demands anymore? I mean, he’s won an awful lot but he’s also been sacked now by Madrid, Chelsea and Bayern. That Bayern side, in particular, was capable of so much more than they were delivering under him.

I’m struggling to see any club bigger than Everton that would want Ancelotti now. He may need to go to an Everton level team in order to build his reputation back up again.

Moyes did a brilliant job there. While never really challenging, they regularly punched above their weight, always being amongst the lowest spenders in the league and constantly pushing for a CL spot, albeit often falling short. I just can’t see him going back though.

Rafa? Would he?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    maverick1973
                    Participant

Sarri of Napoli has been linked,but I cannot see him leaving this early on!.Mancini @ Zenit too has been linked!.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      srd79
                      Participant

Klopp in a few weeks? 😉

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

Everton have important fixtures coming up and really can’t afford to lose them. Not surprised.

Meanwhile, Garth Crooks has suggested Ancelotti as Liverpool new boss should Klopp be fired. Although we are sitting pretty in Europe, Liverpool ultimately should be challenging for the league title because we finished 4th last season, and trophyless too.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

Why did Everton sell Lukaku without signing a reasonable replacement?

Not surprised by Koeman’s sacking Everton with the increased investment have ambitious objectives and are currently sitting in the bottom 3.

I don’t think Fenway will sack Klopp they will give him time to sort things out defensively.

Not sure about Carlo for either Everton or Liverpool he’s a bit too nice imo.

Massive mistake if Everton turn to Moyes.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Chucky McChuckface
                            Participant

Am I the only one thinking the Mad Dutchman was trying to build a “Pepe” style of side with lot’s of “false” 9, nine, nine, nein? (See what I did there? 🙂 )

I reckon he was trying to emulate that Barca style by way of putting himself in the shop window… guess that backfired!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              plattlane 1981
                              Participant

Good point Chucky, I also believe RK was vying for the Barca top job with the way he was setting The toffees up to play, it’s just they didn’t have The personnel to implement that.

They need pace in the team yet the only pace came from the youngsters who he has been keeping on the bench!
                                Was it arrogance or ineptitude?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Mikus LFC
                                Participant

I know many would point out he tends to only go to the super-rich clubs, but if Ancelotti was targeted and came in, it would be fascinating to see how he’d get on. I disagree somewhat with the Editor above. He was arguably sacked unfairly at Chelsea. I wouldn’t say he was a disaster at Madrid either – politics tends to play a big role in these situations. At Bayern, whilst his record, particularly towards the end looked poor, again I think politics started playing a role as I believe he had started to drop certain players that the board deemed undroppable and the players tend to get their way in the end. Ancelotti tends to win by creating the right spirit in a side but if he comes up against club politics, there’s only one winner.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.