Home Community General Football Jack Wilshere

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Does anyone else think he’s completely overhyped? Commentators and pundits raving about him today, smith saying he’s been Arsenal’s best player. He’s done (so far) absolutely nothing. Played a lot of short passes, created nothing, been bossed off the ball, got his customary yellow card. Don’t get me wrong I think he’s very talented and if fit in the summer should be part of the England squad but I think the hype is silly especially in games like today when he’s done nothing. Why are all commentators and pundits so obsessed with him? Why is every pass he makes applauded? Am I being overly harsh?

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Anonymous

Just gonna move this back to the top

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Editor
        Keymaster

What a player he looked like he was going to be after that famous game at home to Barca! Since then, I think he’s showed in flashes that he has the talent but he just doesn’t seem to kick on to another level. Although, you see someone like the Ox finding his feet now at Liverpool and have to wonder if Wilshere might benefit from a move away, too. I’d definitely take him to the World Cup though.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

Not really sure what to say. From observation, I feel for the lad and haven’t seen or heard of any hype for, if anything a fair few seasons.

The purpose of his loan spell at Bournemouth was to obviously get some games under his belt as well as being able to deal with his injuries.

I would openly admit to once saying on record as having him down to replace Steven Gerrard. I felt at one time he had the British Bulldog in him and somebody getting stuck in and not afraid to try one outside the box.

He has been mild-mannered since coming back this season into the Gunners fold. I just certainly as far as their midfield goes, it’s fragmented. Arsene in reality doesn’t know whether he’s coming or going with Sanchez. Ozil looks somebody on the fringes of leaving. Wilshere in fairness to him doesn’t really have people to bounce off.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

As the Ed said Wilshere looked very exciting when he broke into the Arsenal side.

Injuries some serious have robbed him of that potential and he’s now got his head down and is looking to comeback to the top level injury free.

Time will be his judge but an injury free in form Wilshere would be an asset to England in Russia imo.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Chelsea.man
              Participant

First of all he has been playing superbly of late. and when you consider that he has been out for one year through injury and had been a regular occurrence, you will appreciate that he has completed games on regular basis in the last few weeks. and his assist to Sanchez’s third goal against Palace was a class. he has also scored against Chelsea, that is not bad for a player who often spends his time on the treatment room. he is a classy player who needs a manager who takes him to the next level like Sterling and KDB, Salah, Coutinho has benefited from working with better managers. whether that manager is Wenger or not is another matter.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Chelsea.man.
                • This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Chelsea.man.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Anonymous

i’m not questioning his ability. i think he is very good. but at the moment it just seems there is a wankfest over him when he isnt doing anything. yes his pass to sanchez was top drawer but he isnt doing it often enough. he scored against chelsea, but shouldnt have been on the pitch. i just think the media hyperbole is silly. even in games where he doesnt do anything they are so happy hes back in the team they just applaud everything he does. he lost possession so many times yesterday and created no chances yet they were raving about him.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

He’s just a Vinny Samways with a skinhead….. sure, 1 pass in 12 looks good, but the other 11?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Chucky McChuckface
                    Participant

He could also teach Dele a thing or two about falling over as well!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.