Home Community Liverpool Is this really allowed legally?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Barcelona supposedly advertising new football shirts with Phillipe Countinho’s name on them?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42527428

The deal agreed in principle has been denied by Jurgen Klopp and made it clear it had no bearing on the Van Dijk transfer.

So what the hell is going on here?!?!?!

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Pagan
      Participant

NB, wasn’t it on the Nike site??? and it was taken down quite quickly.

Still you would think that Nike would know who’s likely to be wearing their kit

….Pagan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

Yes it was Pagan. Some online papers have been doing the rounds of this in the last hour.

I think it’s safe to say that a deal has been agreed between the 2 clubs which in fairness is what it is and I accept that.

But the move I’m led to believe wont actually materialize till this Summer.

Commercially speaking, buying is usually done a year ahead so you know the trends in advance. But what’s annoyed me is Nike’s own handling of this by leaking these details.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Pagan
          Participant

Well it stops Liverpool fans wasting money on a shirt with his name on it, and gives Barca fans time to save up…Pagan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

Pagan the question is, is whether Coutinho is leaving home or going home.?

Given Liverpool’s last financials which showed a £19m loss with Liverpool’s net spend under Klopp according to This is Anfield detailed below and with Keita to join in the Summer for circa £60m it’s difficult to see how Liverpool aren’t going to have to make a major sale particularly with needing to adhere to FFP but we’ll see

Players Bought: £221,300,000

PLAYER
              FROM
              FEE
              DATE
              Marko Grujić Red Star Belgrade £5,100,000 6th Jan, 2016
              Shamal George LFC Youth System £0 6th Jan, 2016
              Kamil Grabara Ruch Chorzow £300,000 15th Jan, 2016
              Sadio Mane Southampton £30,000,000 28th Jun, 2016
              Loris Karius Mainz 05 £4,700,000 1st Jul, 2016
              Joel Matip Schalke 04 £0 1st Jul, 2016
              Ragnar Klavan FC Augsburg £4,200,000 20th Jul, 2016
              Alex Manninger Free Transfer £0 22nd Jul, 2016
              Georginio Wijnaldum Newcastle United £25,000,000 22nd Jul, 2016
              Mohammed Salah AS Roma £34,000,000 22nd Jun, 2017
              Dominic Solanke Chelsea £0 1st Jul, 2017
              Andy Robertson Hull City £8,000,000 21st Jul, 2017
              Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Arsenal £35,000,000 31st Aug, 2017
              Virgil van Dijk Southampton £75,000,000 27th Dec, 2017
              16 Players Sold: £113,050,000

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

…..Nike are out of line but it suggests something might be happening before the Summer.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Anonymous

I think Coutinho is leaving this window , 100%. A few matches ago he was talking after a game and when asked about his future, he commented that maybe a bid will come in this January. There was no mention of the summer from him, I think he let it slip that day and this stunt by Nike should be investigated by the legal team as Coutinho is still a Liverpool asset, in which Nike have devalued.

It’ll be a shame to see his talent go, he’s one of th ebest players in the world for me but he clearly doesn’t want to be here, so **** him.

I am more worried about the signing of VVD and people thinking that it’ll be the end of our defensive issues but the fact is that the majority of our problems in defence begin in midfield. Havign Lallana back gives us more balance and we’ll see Wijnaldum benefitting from this, also i guess Firmino too (not that he needs it). . . But to solve our defensive problems, we need to get keita in, now. He’s already costing a fortune and is locked in terms of CL appearances but securing a top 4 place next season is key and that won’t be easy without Coutinho for the second half of this season.

One thing that I just don;t get though is why Coutinho wants to leave. Yes, Barca has weather and a culture that is closer to his but La Liga is a 3 horse race, at best. He won’t get to play the high tempo football that he thrives in. We play some of the best attacking football in the world and even though it’s taking longer thna we’d like, we are a team that’s going places. We’re into the KO round of the CL. what more do you want? I think he’ll regret this move.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

Mak, wonderful place to live. The culture, the City, the coast and the food. Not a bad team either. And Coutinho will probably win multiple League and European titles at Barca too

The Nike thing was out of order though.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    maverick1973
                    Participant

Nil-Not Barca mate but Nike.2 very different things,but yes,very illegal.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      maverick1973
                      Participant

Mak-Cannot see it myself mate,they are walking the La-Liga and he cannot play in the CL I believe??

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Pagan
                        Participant

Mav, I don’t think Nike have broken any laws, may be a bit unethical but there you go…Pagan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

I would have been surprised if Coutinho went to Barca before next Summer but the Nike thing makes you wonder.

Whatever Klopp says £113m net spent across a couple of years another circa £60m to be spent on Keita with a £19m loss from the last accounts you would think Liverpool will have to do some sales out and Coutinho is an easy sale out and wants to go?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

I believe there are potential sales in the pipeline ala Can and Sturridge. Personally, I’m not too bothered about any losses made. As a supporter, it’s what happens on the pitch that matters to me. Besides, we’re generating heaps from tv revenue and plus the CL games we have been involved in.

We should fetch a good whack for Phillipe this summer.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              maverick1973
                              Participant

Pagan-Are they allowed to do that mate? Surely not while he is still playing for another club?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

Nik, Can will go on a free his contract runs out at the end of this season and Liverpool will be lucky to get £20m for Sturridge they will need bigger sales than that.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Pagan
                                  Participant

Mav, well New Ballance May not be too pleased, but what have Nike actually done? Photoshopped a picture, that would set a precedent….Pagan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Nike19
                                    Participant

Nine, a few of the loaned individuals away should fetch us a few bob or two. Besides I thought we were good for net spend.

I really don’t know why this has been brought into this particular thread and as mentioned in my previous reply, as a supporter I’m more bothered what we do on the pitch than a loss that will be made up soon anyway.

Ironically, lots of other targets reported are on Klopp’s list.

I’m actually optimistic for 2018 and hope Coutinho should he leave goes on a high with a trophy.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Nike19
                                      Participant

Pagan,

it’s just that they’ve been a bit too previous for my liking. I don’t think Coutinho Liverpool shirt sales prior to this would be that high in volume as many supporters you would think would be aware.

The little tots and juniors may want one though and something like this would just confuse them.

Not the end of the world, it’s happened and the downsides sadly of the World Wide Web.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        nine nine nine

Nil, Liverpool’s net spend under Klopp is currently £108 m according to This is Anfield add Keita to that at circa £60m and that takes the net spend to circa £170m even with the extra CL money and TV money following a loss of £19m in Liverpool’s last accounts and given the FFP rules it looks to me like Liverpool would need to make some significant sales out to balance the books a bit as well as putting themselves in a position to strengthen in one or two other areas in the Summer.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Pagan
                                          Participant

NB, Nike have aligned themselves with a great player, not to sure New Balance have achieved the same effect aligning themselves with you lol…Pagan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 57 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.