Home Community General Football Internationals – European Championship Qualifying Games

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Rightly so in Cole Palmer earning an England call up from Gareth Southgate. He really has shown appetite and fearlessness in his approach and playing style. Direct and just goes for it.

Konsa, another I rate as a defender at Villa, and Rico Lewis.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67401609

England v Malta this Friday evening 19:45 kick off.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      sean the sailor
      Participant

Absolutely no interest in any of this. Going to be a boring two weeks football wise

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Editor
        Keymaster

I could generate some kind of interest if there was anything left to play for but with England now already through, it just feels so pointless. The players must feel the same

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Mikus LFC
          Participant

And guess who’s got the early kick off again after the international break? It’s ok, it’s only, *checks notes*, Man City away πŸ™„

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

Unusual as Sky will be covering City Liverpool (I think they swapped with TNT Sports). Why couldn’t they move it 5:30?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

Pleasing reports to come across on both Nunez and Diaz (especially Diaz). The only downside was that Alisson was the Goalie!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

Unconvincing 2-0 so I read. Coincidentally, the one time I tuned in, Trent was on the touchline re some form of injury receiving as momentarily.

This really is just ridiculous; if England have qualified themselves, what is the point in putting examples in Trent through this; not only him. Jordan Henderson now plays Fantasy Football. We on the other hand in tune to the Real World.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Alfie_1
                  Participant

Not convinced that was a pen.

It is a contact sport after all.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Alfie_1
                    Participant

It’s not just VAR in the PL which is a joke then.

I finger in the face when jumping for the ball and your back to a player is a pen, but pushing a player over and then a boot to the face in the same play is not a pen.

I think the VAR officials must be having some form of competition to see who can give the worst decisions.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

It’s beyond apparent that it’s the experience. Maybe some of us like myself for example need to change or adapt mindset, but it’s rubbish watching England play at the expense of Domestic Football shut down.

What a waste.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

Which players too will conveniently be ready for the 25th from reported injuries?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          gjblues
                          Participant

Just a few observations from tonight’s (‘non-event’):
                            Phil Foden MoM – technically our best player for at least a generation (probably since Gazza).
                            Smart debut from Rico Lewis – I can’t remember him getting caught in possession or misplacing a pass for the whole game – quite something for an 18 yo making his debut, away from home in a competitive international.
                            Abject performance from the referee and VAR official, never a penalty. That apart, refs overall showing was very poor.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            threeps
                            Participant

Bellingham has already far surpased Foden technically, physically and influence. He’s the best since Gazza, Foden is good but not in the same bracket.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Editor
                              Keymaster

I always feel like Foden is still spoken about like he’s still 18. He’s got bags of talent but I feel with both club and country, I’m always waiting for him to really nail down a place but he doesn’t seem to do so. Looking from the outside, it appears to me that neither Pep or Southgate seem to fully trust him in the biggest games. As you say Threeps, compared to Bellingham, he’s not even close for me. Very talented player nonetheless.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                threeps
                                Participant

I think if Bellingham continues his current trajectory England could have the very best player in the world in their team. He’s probably the best midfielder in the world already now that de Bruyne is getting on.

Remember when Birmingham retired his shirt and we all laughed at them. Maybe they knew more than we thought!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Alfie_1
                                  Participant

We missed Bellingham last night. Foden is a huge talent but he needs to start producing more otherwise he will be back on the bench when others are fit.

Wasn’t convinced by Lewis. I expected him to get forward, overlap Grealish and whip some crosses in, did none of that. Always cut back onto his right foot and drifted into the middle too much. Very unlucky with the pen.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.