Home Community General Football International matches

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hoping Sancho starts for England. Be good to see what he can do. Seems to be playing well for Dortmund.

Can’t get my head round Rooney being back in the squad. I assume this is to see the match to the USA tv audience. No-one else has been invited back for an England farewell match.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Anonymous

Sancho looks like a fantastic prospect.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Brian blue
        Participant

I hate International friendly matches….just do not see the point with them

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

Normally I do too, this one has been worth watching as it’s evenly balanced and we are playing some new players who wouldn’t normally get a chance otherwise.

USA have come to play football, rather than sit and soak up pressure. Makes for a better match than usual.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Anonymous

I absolutely hate internationals. I’ll not pollute this thread for those who do see the point in them, or enjoy them by going on about it in this thread.. well not anymore than I have here.

Last night I was thinking of tuning into the ireland V N Ireland match. I live in Cork, ireland myself, so you can see why I might have a mild interest in this. I didnt and later saw that it was 0-0…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

Looking forward to the England v Croatia game on Sunday.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Anonymous

mak – i’m with you on this. i would not batter an eye lid i woke up tomorrow and saw

BREAKING NEWS: international football has been cancelled forever.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  sean the sailor
                  Participant

Loved the World Cup but no time for international football at all

Ireland have no style or identity and it’s horrible football to watch

Still watch qualifiers but this league stuff is bollox

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Mikus LFC
                    Participant

Is it not just fans of the top 6 that hate international football because of the potential injuries? Do fans of teams lower down and on lower divisions hate it too?

As for the absolute grief the Nations Cup has got, has it not actually worked by making these matches more competitive with something to play for – i.e. Sunday’s England vs Croatia game??

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Editor
                      Keymaster

I’m with you Mikus. People complained about pointless friendlies for years. As much as the Nations League is a tad confusing, it’s a million times better than friendlies. It’s invaluable experience for the young players, in particular, in terms of playing competitive games against decent teams away from one of the big tournaments.

Unlike Paxton, I’d be gutted if we didn’t have the World Cup or Euros every two years. Nothing quite like going out for the first game of a big tournament with your mates full of hope, knowing full well we’ll be crashing out sooner or later but retaining that slight “what if…” feeling regardless.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Brian blue
                        Participant

Ed…while I would agree with most, I still stick with friendlies are a complete waste of time and in the new football era are a risk to whatever club…for what? If the Nations Cup, which has been shoe horned in between WC and EC does have an advantage for blooding youngster but the downside again is fixture congestion, longer season. As much as I like football, I do want a rest from it as well, so I can imaginge how players and management feel. I am not really looking forward to the forthcoming changes, I would rather watch City v Burnley than City v Beijing, however, I cannot stop the band wagon rolling on and it become so big it may well pop in generations to come
                          One thing for sure the Administrators will make a lot of money from it.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Oz Yob
                          Participant

They s*** me.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Hightown hope

Judging from this thread, there’s no one watching the England game on here apart from me, but a good start from England with 2 good chances already. I am enjoying watching this new England team. Just wish Sterling could finish

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Hightown hope

Front 3 looking dynamic and pacy. Good to watch

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Adlab
                                Participant

HT 0-0
                                  We have missed some good chances. Kane seems he is going through a bad patch. Chilwell needs to learn how to cross the ball!
                                  DieΕ• just not creative enough. However overall we look a decent team. Just lacking that one creative midfield player.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Chucky McChuckface
                                  Participant

In bed with flu, can’t watch and type at the same time….

Can’t make me mind if Engerland were that good or Croatia that bad, their defending has been almost comical yet effective at the same time… Engelrand should be leading by a couple I reckon!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Hightown hope

Adlab – reckon that’s meant to be Barkley. Think he’s doing okay myself but agree with you about Kane

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Hightown hope

…and I reckon Chilwell is having a good game!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Hightown hope

Rashford having a great game

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Chucky McChuckface
                                          Participant

Nobody is having a really bad game for a change either…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 62 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.