Home Community General Football Harry Kane

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    Big Jim
    Participant

There can’t be anybody out there now who doesn’t think that this guy is not the real deal. Spurs clearly need to build the squad around him and Alli to keep both players long term. Otherwise Barcelona or Real Madrid will come knocking with a massive offer and the lure will be too great for both the player and Levy. And to be honest I don’t think Spurs are not far off from being a dominant side. I still think you have a very good chance of challenging this season but the question is to the Spurs lads on here who does Poch need to bring in to add to Kane and Alli to make sure he gets your squad over the line in the next couple of seasons. Jim

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

Big J…. don’t get your knickers wet about Harry Kane FC (not my words! 🙂 ) or Supper Harry for that matter. I do genuinely think he’ll be there for at least another 4/5 years, and in his late 20’s maybe he’ll go abroad, basically the same thing at Glenda did. Dele on the other hand, I think his head has already been turned with the idea of a huge bank account and would be very surprised if he’s still at the new House of Pain at the start of the 19/20 season.

As for bringing in anybody, that is a tough one.

Goalkeepers: If Llroris stays, who we gonna get that would improve?
        RB: OKay, Walker went, but we all rate Trippier, and Weirdy Beardy has shown signs of “decentness”, along with signs of utter stupidity… possible room for improvement but who, realistically?
        CB’S: Reckon they’re the best pairing in the Prem, and can’t really think of a pairing anywhere else that are better. And we have this young Argie Bargy lad learning the Poncho way (and Dier who can cover)… again, who we gonna get that would improve the 1st 11?
        LB’s: Davies is playing a blinder and we have Rose to come back… not too sure who/how/where we could improve there…
        CM’S: Wanayammanamma, Dier, Demeble, Winks.. okay, looking a bit thin with injuries at the moment, which is why Disco is playing there (and too badly either) but a pretty decent bunch fighting for those two spaces. Could do with another body in there, Vidal would be an improvement, but would he come? Who else who would improve the 1st 11 would come?
        AMF: Well, we have the Iceman, Dele, Son, Disco, Lamela, Kevin at the moment, with a couple of youngsters who might make the grade. I’d love to see Bale come back, who again (I know, stuck record!) who would be willing to come and fight for a place with that lot?
        Striker: Well, err… Harry and I’m surprised we got Llorente as backup. Really can’t see us improving there…

The problem we have Big J, is simply getting the players who are good enough to want to fight for a place in the first 11. We can all have wishlists, but I’m happy with the “plan” of getting players to push the first 11 to stay on thier toes, with these players knowing (like Trippier!) if they do well they will get the chance. I really think it’s more of a question oftinkering with the squad rather than buying 1st 11, so we keep the points board ticking over…

Would love to see Bale back though… 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        maverick1973
        Participant

Cannot see him staying another 4-5 years Banjo,reckon Kane,Erikssen,and Ali, will be off in the next year or 2,IF they keep-up their current form,especially Kane!.Just look @ what Modric and Bale have achieved since joining Real Madrid.Especially if Spurs fails to win big this season or next!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

We’ll find out soon enough, just try to remember he’s a Spud fan, living the Spud dream, about to move into arguably the best stadium in the country, and contrary to all the “in-the-knows” on the interweb, earns a shed-load more than you lot think…

Not going to argue against the rest though…. 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Editor
            Keymaster

Like others, I’ve written off Kane in the past as a flash in the pan but he continues to prove me wrong. I’ve heard people say he’s now potentially the best striker in the world. It’s a big shout but his record for this calendar year suggests he has a right to at least be mentioned in those terms.

For me, he’s a good World Cup away from being in with a shout for a Ballon D’Or, assuming he keeps up his PL & CL form. In years gone by, he’d have been snapped up by the likes of Utd or Chelsea but it’s refreshing to see him staying, even just for the short term. If Spurs start offering the wages that the other big clubs offer, once their new stadium is bringing in higher revenues, then I can’t see why he would leave any time soon

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Editor
              Keymaster

I suppose the follow up question is:

If Kane isn’t the best striker around, who is?

I’m not including Messi or Ronaldo as they’re not really traditional strikers. Besides, they’re both on another level entirely. With that in mind, you could probably put a case forward for Aguero, Lewandowski, Suarez, Aubamayang, Dybala and maybe one or two more.

On current form, I’d have Kane above any one of those players. As good as Aguero is, and has been, there are question marks over his fitness and he’s unlikely to develop much further now, whereas Kane seems to just be getting better and better.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Big Jim
                Participant

I supose the whole point of my post was similar to what the Ed said above. To keep very top players happy you have to offer a good chance of success and money close to what other players of similar stature are getting. Spurs are not far off the chance of winning trophies. They have a great manager. But just need one or two quality additions, but as banjo says it’s hard to judge how you would improve. You may be right Kane may well stay for 4-5 seasons but rearly have top players stayed at a club unless they have an opportunity of winning stuff and being paid wages consummate with other players. Can anyone think of a player of Kanes quality that has stayed at a club that hasnt won trophies regularly. The closest I can think of is Gerard but aside from the obvious PL he still won everything else the club game had to offer. Kane has won me over he’s not a prospect anymore, or a one season wonder he’s the real deal. IMO Levy needs to be saying to Pochetino now, what do you need to make that final step.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  maverick1973
                  Participant

Ed-Dybala is not a striker,just like Messi and CR7 is an attacking midfieder.I would say Suarez and Lewandovski,only because they have been doing it for much longer.But they all,including Aguero and Benzema,are on their way down.If he stays another couple of year @ the mighty Spuds,he will have the choice of Barca,Real,and Bayern after him.We saw what happened with Neymar when PSG went with the money,and I cannot see Spurs or Kane being able to resist.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Chucky McChuckface
                    Participant

Big J.. don’t take this the wrong way but I guess having a team full of players who are basically there for the money more than anything else, and are likely to jump ship at the first sign of trouble, as none of them have any real affinity with the club, means you assume everybody will come to replace them if you wave enough cash in front of them.. you boys got lucky with the Abu Dhabi dosh and fair play to ya, I wouldn’t be complaining if it was me that’s for sure, but perhaps Kane has a bit of loyalty in his bones.. there have been players over the years who do you know, the likes of the Shearers and Gerrards etc… (not many mind you but some! 🙂 ) and just like Glenda, if and when he’s getting on a bit, don’t think any Spud-lovers would begrudge him a year or two in the sun.

As for Poncho and Levy, I reckon Levy is quite happy to help Poncho in any way he can, don’t think he’s saying “Steady on old chap, we don’t want to win something and upset all the big clubs now, do we?”

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

I can’t see Kane going to another PL club but he’s ambitious and if he doesn’t win League titles at Spurs and get to compete in CL Finals I would be surprised if he hangs around especially given the fact that he could also probably treble his money at one of the Super club’s and win the really big trophies he aspires to along the way.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Big Jim
                        Participant

Banjo I am surprised. Do you really think players just play for money? Do you also think that our player will jump ship at the first sign of trouble. Aguero, Silva and Kompany have all had oportunities to move no doubt and play for more money. Sure we got very lucky, I and thousands of other City fans who followed our club through much darker times than you have ever experienced or will experience as a spurs fan will ever know, we are acutely aware of how lucky we have been. So I don’t need you to tell me that. Also during those days lower down the league ans divisons nearly every decent player we had eventually left our club for more money or trophies, Kinky being the exception. There wasnt even the money in the lower part of the prem as now. Also where did I grumble or complain in my post. You know full well my views on FFP and how i would prefer a conpletely level playing field. There was genuinely no attempt at a dig at Spurs in my posts above if it came across like that I am sorry, I hope Kane stays at Spurs. Spurs play brilliant football and imo are a hares breath player or two away from winning stuff regularly imo. I was just talking about your need to hang on to your star player ans build arround him to make that final step. Ultimately your team are little different to City. Not one of your players joined Spurs soley because they love the club, neither did any move to you for less money, so don’t try and kid yourself. I honestly thought you were better than the post you put above but except that perhaps I got the wrong end of the stick. Then again perhaps your little money City jibes gave the game away earlier. I notice you dont refer to united like that. I get it they earnt their money right lol and City have no right to their success. Jim

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Chucky McChuckface
                          Participant

Big J.. perhaps fings are being lost in translation, with stuff being read between the lines and for my part I apologize! If anything I’m loving the City success because it’s annoying the heck out of YooUtd. Totally understand the whole players from small clubs going to big clubs thing, my Spuds have mugged enough sides over the years as well as being mugged, I reckon it’s just every time we get close enough to some major success or find ourselves lucky to have 2/3 top draw players it ends in tears, and this time around it’s close enough I can sniff it and we have 6/7 top draw players to drool over, I just get a bit defensive when fans of other clubs start giving us “lectures” on how we need to keep them!

Don’t mean to be rude, but do you really think us Spud-lovers don’t know this whole “pay the cash” nonsense already? 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            maverick1973
                            Participant

Any great player is surely thinking/hoping to one day play for either Barca or Real,plus now you have PSG offering silly money!.And there is nothing wrong with that in my book.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Big Jim
                              Participant

I wasn’t giving any lectures banjo. Just trying to discuss a football issue and induce a bit of debate on the site. More fool me.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Chucky McChuckface
                                Participant

Big J… everybody gets a nick-name budstar, wouldn’t want you and your lot to feel left out! All peace and love from my side, but a thread that was about how Spuds could improve further (and yes, started by your good self!) turned into “Harry’s packing his bags as we speak”… sure you can understand how that could grind my gears!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Nike19
                                  Participant

Wonderful professional. He’s one of the few I’d say who’d pledge his future to one club and that being Spurs. He doesn’t seem that type of guy who’s head would be turned by an example like Man United, Man City or Real Madrid.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Brian blue
                                    Participant

newbalance….or Liverpool?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Brian blue
                                      Participant

ED….you are following into the trap of other media “experts” about Augerro. Yes he has an injury record, the latest was not football related or his fault and yet…he consistently scores goals and worries the life out of defenders.
                                        For me, it is about consistency over a number of seasons and Augerro delivers, fit or not

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Hightown hope

That’s the other thing about Kane…he very rarely seems to get injured. A bit like Suarez used to be for us, as the focal point of the team and the most dangerous player for Spurs, you would expect Kane to get kicked and battered, but he never seems to miss a game. Maybe a Spurs fan on here can correct me, but I don’t recall him missing anything other than the odd game. As Brian says above, Aguero does have an injury record, Morata is now out for a spell at Chelsea, and I look at our strikers over the past 20 years, and Fowler, Owen, Torres and, of course, sicknote himself, Daniel Sturridge all regularly spent time on the traetment table, as did our ‘less’ talented forwards over the years like Heskey, Cisse, Balotelli and Carroll.

I think Kane is a fantastic player, and added to the fact he doesn’t miss games, I would say he is the most important player to any team in the Premiership. True quality. Having said all that, he’ll probably crock himself for England tonight!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Anonymous

Hightown – there was a spell last season where i think he missed 11 games (8 in the league).

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 106 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.