Home Community General Football Half Term: Rate your Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

The Mighty Glorious Spuds… B+

What can I say? I was among those who said who said “Who?” when he was appointted, and also said “Who?” towards of couple of the signings as well. Absolutely chuffed to bits to say I was wrong on all accounts. A brilliant beyound believe of a start, a disasterious Novemember (combinations of injuries and in certain cases, stupidity), and a putting the peices back together type of December leaves us a rather surprising 3 points of top spot going into 2024… would have biten your hands and sold Buffy’s left kidney if you told me that last August.

Can’t wait to see something that remebles the 1st 11 in those first 10 games to get back on the field for the last third of the season. Still a lot of footy to be played, but I do fancy our chances for CL footy next season, and not many Spud-lovers were saying that last August.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

It’s a positive Chucks. I would be pleased if I was a Spurs fan. Look at the competition of the Prem. I haven’t seen it like this. Take United and Chelsea out, you have Villa and Spurs.

Only 3 points off Top Spot. I like Ange, just a nice measured guy. He doesn’t go overboard either way. A Top 5 finish, a good cup run and who knows…..

Be a good season I’d say.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Makaveli
        Blocked

Pleased with where we are but the signs that we need to improve further have been there for a while now.
          It’s a tough old season for all teams though, so that does give me some comfort but the team have got to try to gel a bit better IMO. The last few games, it feels a bit like we’ve taken a step back in our development but it’s nothing to complain about.

The summer business looked like it was going to be the worst we’ve done under Klopp but they turned it around and managed to get some really great players in. They need time to settle in and I still think we might dip back into the market too but we’ll see.

Most of it now is Klopp and Pep getting the team to gel that bit more because we do need to play to a higher tempo. They’ve got us there before though, so I’ve got faith. I just hope that we can kick up a gear before the other teams around us do and that we don’t miss Salah too much.

Quite pleased though, if a bit nervy about the 2nd half of the season.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          CM
          Participant

F

It will take years to root out the problems and rebuild. It is the same old story, get in the CL, players think that is a triumph, stop playing for the manager, get the manager the sack, get a new manager in, have a good 1st season with him, get in the CL, another triumph for the players, stop playing for the manager, get him sacked and start all over again.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            sean the sailor
            Participant

B – we can play much better but have done extremely well.

I expect us to fade soon and city to run away with league

Ill about top 4. We usually have a dip in jan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Makaveli
              Blocked

Ah we are meant to actually give a grade, sry.

Grade : B+

I give such a high score because of the table and also because we’re early on in our rebuild and you can’t expect everything to be working perfectly yet.

If we weren’t top and we hadn’t just replaced our entire midfield in the summer, it’d be a C.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

Grading is weirdly something I’m finding difficult with Liverpool. The reason I say this is because like the other guys have pretty much stated, we’re not really at the level we’d like to be or were.

12-6-lost only one though. Love that stat. We have dropped silly points, but then we’ve gained points at places where we should have lost. Credit to Luton and Brighton.

I love and miss Sadio. One of my fave players more than Salah. I miss a few of our fringe players and Milner being one of them. We haven’t reassembled the squad I feel we need considering the vast amount of players that left us.

It feels premature, and I am staggered we’re sitting Top. It scares me that a bad patch is around the corner.

If there is anything like the time when we were 14 points behind Manchester City in Feb 2022, we clawed it and took it right to the final day – Matty Cash!!

There’s Arsenal though and I feel they’re in more of a driving seat than us; they’ll get it together. We need to see what type of De Bruyne returns and whether or not City kick on.

I’ll go for a B+

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.