Home Community General Football Half and half scarves

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Hightown hope

The scourge of modern day football! I was at Anfield a couple of weeks ago and there 4 or 5 adults sat a few rows in front of us wearing Liverpool -Man Utd half and half scarves. Now I know tourists are an important part of a club’s fanbase and generally they should be and are welcomed, but at what level is a half and half Liverpool / United scarf alright? It just isn’t. Even if it is their once in a lifetime trip to Anfield, just buy a match programme, fella. They are an abomination. ..or is it just me?

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Editor
      Keymaster

I can sort of get it if you go to a big game between, say, a couple of European giants. For example, you get tickets to a CL final and you don’t support either of the teams. But, you just don’t buy a Liverpool Utd half half scarf under any circumstances. I’d never buy one myself either way!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

Horrible.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Brian blue
          Participant

Not for me, however I have some City scarves which have no worn out yet over the years and City sent me one with my seasoncard thi year so I am well stocked. Went to City Ladies match at week end and took two of my Grandaughters who “borrowed” some of my “stock” They will never be seen again , no doubt

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Big Jim
            Participant

Not my cup of tea either but I guess some tourist fans and possibly fans in Europe like them. Each to their own I supose. I don’t recall seeing so many sold outside the ground a few years back as nowadays. But I guess we have more of those fans?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              goatistuta
              Participant

I shudder every single time I see scarfs like that. The derby really makes my skin crawl, how the hell can anyone have a split derby scarf? They should be banned lol

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Anonymous

a few years ago i did actually buy a couple of them. i needed to commemorate spurs first season in the champions league and my first trips to the san siro and the bernabeu.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Hightown hope

Pax,…I don’t particularly have an issue with the foreign ones and I can see why you would have one. It’s the domestic ones especially the local derby ones that irritate me

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Chucky McChuckface
                    Participant

Not a fan at all. In fact, if it ain’t blue and white stripes I’m not interested at all. Anything with faces, dates, names, logos, or anything for that matter are frowned about in my house. Retro every day of the week for me!

Keep waiting for a proper decent “Uni” style scarf in the right (or white!) colors to come out, something you can wear without needing a shell suit!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Careworkerlfc
                      Participant

Sorry for the Language but they are for Wankers,Burn the Lot of them.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        whoisbeni
                        Participant

Burn the scarves too!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.