Home Community General Football Game 38 . Final Day Countdown.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 318 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

Top 4 sorted bottom 3 sorted.

Not much left to be sorted then.?

Bar the title!

Personally I can only see both City and Liverpool winning their final game but as this week has proved you just never know in football.

I’m just glad Chelsea aren’t going to Leicester needing to get something on Sunday to finish in the top 4.

It’s been one hell of a season. Congratulations to City and Liverpool on a great title race which has gone right down to the wire.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      sean the sailor
      Participant

Ye can see both teams winning nine

Great run in

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        maverick1973
        Participant

Great to have the title race go down to the wire. It will be the last game in the PL for a few players,and if Spuds win the CL title-for Poch too perhaps!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

Mixed feelings.

At the moment, I feel as though we’re just in for a ‘Footnote’ as everything already is ‘Signed and Delivered’.

When I do properly engage myself on this, irrespective of the course of events, I feel ultra gutted that we don’t have a League Championship Title in which it’s ‘our holy grail’ and no club other than our ‘arch enemy’ and Mr Ferguson would truly understand that.

One last favour in reliance, ok.

I’m sad Football is Finishing. April weather above all for May and a true disappointment.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Anonymous

Footnote? PL title race down to the final day and in the CL final. You do know how other fans look at this and think right? Ya it sucks that we might get 97 points and not win anything. 95% that we fail to win the Pl, maybe even worse odds. It’s still possible though with just 1 match left. we might be champions of Europe yet too. I get where you’;re coming from, it’s not easy being the nearly screw with the finals recently etc but it’s still interesting, we’re every improving, year on year.

As for this Holy Grail thing, ya title is kinda like that for us now and we’ve been getting closer. ANY closer than this and it’s ours. I definitely do not buy into the talk that City have it wrapped up for the next few years. If Klopp did, he wouldn’t be here. If his players did, they would also be somewhere else. City didnt make the CL final. Why don’t they also have that wrapped up? I thought they were too good?

They are absolutely amazing and maybe the best team in the world but if that is the case then maybe we are also? We’re both in the same conversation and if the league table and our CL comeback against Barca (after a good away performance, score aside) cant tell you this then I don’t know what will. (this is general talk, not just at you Nil of course).

I totally get and experience how you feel about this season, just at different times. I guess I’ve kinda accepted that it might be futile in terms of silverware. I can much more appreciate the development of the side if I don’t focus too much on it. Look at the footballing side of things. Look how our midfield is developing as this season has progressed. We can defintely get even better and that is what we need to look at in the future, not just City winning title after title.

anywya…

I don’t assume we’ll beat Wolves TBH. They are a quality side but thanksfully it’s at Anfield.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

Mate, I fully welcome your thoughts.

At the moment, I’m just exhausted. I don’t have time or energy at the moment to process or simply take in events over this coming week.

Firstly, I’m trying to register Ihneanscho’s miss with effectively a goalmouth to fully fledge for. How?

I’m now relying on Chris Hughton for a favour when his Brighton side don’t even have to turn up and give any care whatsoever.

I know. I fully appreciate we are in the final. As mentioned, I’m tired and need a day off to wind down properly. We need to all in all to nail a trophy once and for, all. That is it. Only then we’ll be able to live it, properly.

Cheers

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by Nike19.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

Manchester City for me have won the League.

HUGE KILLER in Runners Up on 90+ points.

Honestly don’t get this.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Anonymous

Our last good hope went with leicester. What we have left is a very bad hope but it’s still not technically over. We’re talking about one poor result, not a major bad result.

I have to say, Im really not on board with everyone calling it over when the team have been getting win after win. It just doesn’t sit right with me.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    sean the sailor
                    Participant

I’ve no doubt we will win

What a rude it’s been. Edge of the seat stuff. Getting to the final had ? softened the blow but lose the final…. well it be very hard to take

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

The PL title is the Holy Grail for all Clubs even Leicester City nobody can take away from the Leicester fans their incredible achievement in winning the title in a truly magical season that their fans will never forget. They dreamed the dream and it came true!

Suggestions that only Liverpool and United fans appreciate how important it is to win the PL title are beyond ridiculous fans of Clubs that have won it, long to win it again and those like Spurs fans who haven’t won it for almost 60 years dream of winning it as much as any other fan and they’ve gone close these past few seasons so one day their dreams might come true.

Chelsea didn’t win a League title for 50 years but it didn’t stop Chelsea fans of dreaming that one day they might win one even during those dark days in the 2nd Division when they nearly didn’t have a Ground let alone another League title.

Fortunately those dreams were answered 5 times over for Chelsea fans who now know what it is to win it and still dream of winning it again.

Football fans should never stop dreaming of winning the League title whether they are Leicester fans or Liverpool fans and many of these fans turn up every other week and follow their teams all over the Country all at great cost.

Whoever finally wins the title on Sunday will have fully deserved it in what has been a terrific title race.

Best wishes to both City and Liverpool and as a neutral much thanks for making this such a great PL season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

Mak, @ 12:57am: Mak, I’m definitely with you on the last paragraph. We’ve obviously had a busy week this week with the course of events. Though I’ve been a little bit in resignation/consolidation mode after Monday Night’s result with City, I know I’ll feel a lot more positive once Sunday afternoon kicks in.

In fact, I’m actually now look ahead with a more brighter outlook towards the final day. The key as far as laying any pressure on City would be for us to score first.

Brighton are going to have to be ultra at their defending. Maybe, it could be one of those games of unexpected turn of events.

But ultimately you are right that we at the very least have that hope in the first place and it won’t be decided till that Final Whistle blows 4:55.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          sean the sailor
                          Participant

Liverpool fans need to remember how far we have come.

Look at the games we are involved. The excitement since Klopp has come.

It’s been a great season to watch us

Just enjoy tomorrow.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Anonymous

Sean, exactly man. Immediately after the Barca demolition, I felt at ease with what was unfolding in the league. The term “unjust” has been used a lot and I can see why, even if it is technically inaccurate. As fans of the sport and doubly so as Liverpool fans, I think people really believe that Klopp deserves take take something away for the team he has setup.

It will hurt to get 97 points and still be “losers” but that night against Barca was special. I would love to say “even if we don’t beat Spurs” and I would mean it if there wasn’t so much focus on Klopp not winning finals. I think people attribute this run to something within Klopp but I see only a few lost games.

It won’t matter though in the minds of the media and those of our rivals. They’ll start painting this absolute legend as a failure. If I could choose right now between us having Jose since Rodgers left, with 2 PL titles, or Klopp as things are right now… I wouldn’t hesitate to say Klopp now. I know most won’t believe me but it’s true. Klopp is the perfect fit for this club and me as a person too. He’s the kind of guy that I think most would like to be like. He takes the hard road when he goes places because he’s about the journey. This Liverpool were certainly the hard road but we’re not there yet and that is why there is this kinda quiet desperation about us now. It’s in stark contrast to the fanfare of the Rodgers season. There are no buses welcomed this time. No rampant talk of what we will win but actually mostly what we won’t.

All of the great stuff he’s doing will be undermined by mass opinion if we end this wonderful season with nothing. It’s the fallout that I am almost more worried about than if we don’t do it.. Because I know that if Klopp sticks around, it’s inevitable that we’ll win one of those big trophies. We just have to TRY and be patient. Also, not pissing off opposition fans so they route against us wouldn’t hurt πŸ˜›

This season has been a massive success in my eyes though. I don’t need trophies to know that my team in going in the right direction but think about what i said above as I say that πŸ˜‰

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Anonymous

Well said Nine. Nil, I’m not sure how you can be down about things after the Barca comeback though. We’re in the CL final. We might not make it again in the next 20-30 years. You gotta appreciate what you have and stop looking over at the neighbours πŸ˜‰

I know you’ll be over the moon if we can win the CL. As for the league, I’m not even looking forward to tomorrow with any sense of expectation. I’m not honestly dreaming of the PL this season. I was but the Leicester result ended the dreams and what remains is faint hope… That I kinda don’t wanna go too far with. If we somehow manage it though, ya I’ll explode.

Let’s just get those 97 points. We do our part and if City do theirs then congrats all round and minds onto the CL final!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

Mak, “If we somehow manage it though, ya I’ll explode” And rightly so buddie.
                                  It’s not over until it’s over. Cheers 999

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  nine nine nine

Not quite PL just yet but definitely part of the Final Countdown saw a good comeback from Villa to take a 2-1 lead into the second leg of their Semi Final v WBA with a screamer from Hourihane for the equaliser and Tammy Abraham’s 26th goal of the season from the penalty spot for the winner. With Gayle sent off the tie has swung in Villa’s favour.

Derby County v Leeds Utd this evening should be a good one.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    sean the sailor
                                    Participant

Great game that nine

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Nike19
                                      Participant

Have the Leeds one on defo when I get home.

Rain, rain rain again!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Nike19
                                        Participant

Mak, haha, I know. I need to shake myself: We are in the CL final.⚽️?β˜•??

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Nike19
                                          Participant

What a finish!!!!!!!!!!!

Leeds Leeds Leeds! At last, this game coming to life. The football I have to say has been B Grade Standard and it needed a goal and it now has a GOAL.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 318 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.