Home Community General Football Fake News – Is it time for scrutiny?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Just seen on You Tube for example, a video convincingly made of Riyad Mahrez in Liverpool colours. It really is immaculately put together.

The Daily Express reported over a week ago of Mahrez going for a medical.

As far as online ‘reporting goes’, it’s sheer laziness and cut-paste. There are people out there who will fall for these reports.

Pre-Internet, of course this was the norm as far as Tabloids went, but I just feel there’s more fake news about than actual facts. Those involved in the industry are just eager to report any mumbo jumbo and they’re getting away with it.

There should be regulations and those guilty of deliberately putting together fake news should be sanctioned!

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

Calm down Donald…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Chelsea.man
        Participant

Fake news isn’t an issue only in football. it has been an issue in politics also. in America, in France and other European countries had been an issue. now but when it comes to football is normal for papers to speculate. for example if a player who is linked with Chelsea travels to London, not even for a football related issue, the press when add the dots and come up with a story. sometimes they guess accurately and sometimes they miss woefully. i don’t think if we should be stressing with that. Liverpool have just sold a great player and pocketed an incredible Β£142m. so its normal for teams to link them with every good player.

Note: there are also those who use fake news to make money.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

C/Man all true and good comments mate.

I was just thinking along the lines of Insurance whether there should be something in place to regulate and promote accurate reporting like a Defaqto. At the very least the ‘sources’ we would know beforehand who they are and how credible they are.

Somethings this kind of thing as far as rumours go just spiral out of control.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Chucky McChuckface
            Participant

Ahhh… but where do you draw the line? Can’t say it’s a free press when you start putting down serious rules and regulations. My advice would be to ignore any article that has either “Sources say..” or “It’s been reported…” in the first couple of sentences. Just read an article and see how far along you get before you notice either phrase, it’s a journo’s “get out of jail free” card…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

I never believe any Chelsea transfer stories either way are true until I read the confirmation of it on the official club site.

90% of what you see in the media and read in the press is rubbish and 99% of the football stories you read on the internet sites are rubbish.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Pagan
                Participant

Propaganda, spin, fake news, it’s not new, it’s just been rebranded…Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.