Home Community Liverpool Everton V Liverpool – Saturday 12:30 – Sky

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

A very good 6-7 days for us first of all with the win at Palace, and our first leg victory over Man City.

Another ‘tough’ game and I say that because it’s against our bitter rivals and knowing them, they’ll naturally want to make havoc and get one over us.

To me, it’s imperative that we don’t lose this game for the sheer reason of how it could affect us psychologically. We want to maintain being in a positive frame of mind.

In saying this, Everton have been one of the woeful of teams all season.

It’s likely Mo Salah will be rested, so I’m interested to see with our reshuffling, what type of line up will we go for. No Adam Lallana too. Who would be the ‘replacement’ striker? Maybe the Ox could play in an advance role, or the place could be up for grabs for Ings or Solanke, I don’t know.

This is why when it comes to squad depth, we do lack a bit. Nathanial Clyne is fit and maybe he should be considered. I’m not sure too whether Klopp will risk Moreno, but I’m confident, he won’t change the dynamics of the team completely and will keep with the same type of player selection as of Wednesday.

We should be able to come away with win and could be a narrow one, maybe 1-0 or 2-1.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

Nil, whatever team Klopp puts out they should have too much for this Everton team. I would hold back Salah though for Tuesday night if he has a niggle.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        sean the sailor
        Participant

Ye I’d play a few fringe players

If we had a full team I would be very confident but I’d take a draw now

Few mates of mine who always think we we win, think we won’t , simply because we need to rest players

Merson aswell has predicted we lose lol

Everton haven’t beaten us in 8 years. They are due a win but I think we can get a result there

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          threeps
          Participant

Not looking forward to this one. First of all it’s a lunch time kick off and we seem to struggle with these. Plus we will probably rest a few key players and the ones that do play might have their mind on next week. I would defiantly rest Salah, Henderson to play as suspended next week and probably Gini too, with Can still injured. At the back not much choice on centrebacks but maybe Clynn and Moreno to get games, although Robertson doesn’t look like he needs to rest! I’d consider taking Firmino out also as he’s going to be very important next week, or at least look to sub him early.

Karius
            Clynn – Lovern – VVD – Moreno/Robertson
            Milner – Hendo – Gini
            Ox – Solanke – Mane

or alternatively rest Milner, drop Ox back and play Ings.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            sean the sailor
            Participant

I’d start Ings and Moreno

Moreno is a massive risk but Robertson needs a rest

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Hightown hope

Karius,
                Clyne, Lovren, VVD, Robbo
                Gini, Hendo, Moreno
                Ings, Bobby, Mane

Give Moreno a go in midfield. Robbo doesn’t look like he needs a rest, whereas I think it’s more important the likes of Milner and Ox have a break. Would have liked to give Bobby a rest also, but just don’t fancy Solanke, I’m afraid

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Hightown hope

Sean – I don’t think Moreno is that much of a risk. He’s had one doisaster game this year, but other than that, he’s had a good season, and it was only because of his injury and then Robbo’s exceptional form that he lost his place. I’m confident the lad can do a job for us.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Anonymous

Karius
                    Clyne – Lovren – Van Dijk – Moreno
                    Can – Henderson – Wijnaldum
                    Woodburn – Ings – Solanke

We can still have Firmino, Mane, Milner etc on the bench but we need to finish off City. A rest here could benefit our top players for the next month.

Also I really want Ings to get on the scoresheet soon. He was great when he came on against Watford. If he had 20 more mins I bet he’d have scored. So give him 90 mins here if he’s able for it and we may see him gain some much needed sharpness. He could then be a good option from the bench later on..

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Chucky McChuckface
                    Participant

Can? Can’t more like… reports are saying he’s out for the season..

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Anonymous

The season? Damn. Last i read he was only struggling to be fit for the City game. I hadn’t seen an update since so assumed he might be ok again.

Play the tea lady then. We’ve got a City to knock out of the CL, forget these other bitter blues.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        maverick1973
                        Participant

I would rest Milner,Ox and Firminho,and maybe even VVD.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

And Salah too imo.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

And Salah too imo.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Anonymous

Yes, I wouldnt play Salah even if he is fit. maybe on the bench.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Anonymous

If you lads want to rest VVD (which I agree with in principle), it would mean starting that youngster who was on the bench there in the City game. I’m all for giving kids a chance and also our priority has to be towards keeping our players fresh for the City match but we don’t want to flush a potential 3 points down the toilet as CL football next season isnt 100%.

So what do we do? A part of me says to rest everyone, the CL is 99% of the rest of our season but if City beat utd, that opens 2nd place up again. The 2nd place team gets a much larger share of the CL money than 4th. People might say that money doesn’t matter to us but it does.

I think I’m leaning towards just resting our top 5-6 players. Everton will be kicking us to bits cause they know we’ll have one eye on the CL. rest Van Dijk, Firmino, Robertson, TAA, Mane, Milner and whoever else needs it. Have them on the bench if we need a bit more quality to grab the 3 points.

Would just be terrible to see Van Dijk pick up an injury from some jealous bluenose ****.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Nike19
                                  Participant

Salah’s generally fine, it’s just a groin strain.

As Mak says, I’d bench him and ensure he’s ready for Tuesday.

Happy Days πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Chucky McChuckface
                                    Participant

Mac… you sure about that? 2nd teams get more CL money? Prem money yes, obviously, but CL money? How does that work? Now the Top 4 all get to the mini-leagues straight away I pretty much thought it’s just bragging rights and loose change with regards to 2nd thru 4th.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      sean the sailor
                                      Participant

Higher you finish up the table, the more money the club gets

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Nike19
                                        Participant

Line ups confirmed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/43343407

Solanke and Ings get their opportunity to start.

Even better though: We have Clyne back – YES!

A little peculiar though in chosing Klavan as well as Lovren and Van Dijk. So my guess is that Klavan will cover the left-back position.

Wijn, Henderson and Milner respectively covering the midfield with Mane to part Ings and Solanke.

COME ON THE REDMEN – WE CAN WIN THIS!!!!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Big Jim
                                          Participant

I have a sneaky feeling The People’s Club might nick this one!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 53 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.