Home Community General Football Everton hit with 10 point deduction

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    threeps
    Participant

Everton receive immediate 10-point Premier League deduction – https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67448714

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      sean the sailor
      Participant

What’s difference between Everton and city threeps? I don’t know much about either.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        threeps
        Participant

Better lawyers.

Just kidding although true. Think it’s the complexity of City that’s causing delays, 115 charges takes time, Plus City are deliberately causing obstructions like they did with the uefa case.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/nov/17/everton-deducted-10-points-premier-league-guilty-financial-fair-play-breach

Teams threatening to sue Everton.

Can imagine the giant can of worms that will open if City are found guilty. The PL is the loser even if they win.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by threeps.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Alfie_1
          Participant

Massive statement to dock that many points. Wonder if they will stay up anyway, I think they are far better than those around them so should get themselves out of trouble.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            threeps
            Participant

Everton are lucky there are 3 dreadful teams in the league. They just got docked 10 points when it’s not decemeber and they are not even bottom. They will be OK.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

Weirdly, I feel sorry for them 😼Maybe because they are not a threat.

Has this already paved way for other clubs to be investigated?

I dont think Man City can be immune from being brought to sanction.⚽️

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

They’ll still stay up lol. Luton etc are that bad!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  FoxyFoxes
                  Participant

The Everton penalty has just made the whole thing a joke. Everton won’t go down with that disadvantage, why? Because by luck there are some really terrible teams in the league below them. All this does really in my view is encourage teams to cheat the system. Everton got what they wanted, survival through cheating and will continue to survive simply because the penalty wasn’t strong enough. Leicester were the team that suffered because of Evertons decisions and we played by the rules, we were forced to sell Fofana to abide by the FFP rules, our defence is what cost us last season as we scored the same amount of goals as Villa did, who finished 7th and only 6 fewer than ManU did, who finished third!’

All this sympathy for Everton is a joke, they knowingly cheated the system last season, it was well documented. They decided that rather than play by the rules they would seek forgiveness after the fact. If I’m Luton this season, I’m seeing the blueprint on how to survive in the Prem. Worry about the consequences later!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    threeps
                    Participant

Fully agree with Foxy. When a team cheats its not just about the little help they gained for themselves there’s a knock on affect for all the teams around them. Everton have shown that they managed to cheat the system, gain an unfair advantage, avoid relegation and get hit with a penalty that has perfect timing so they won’t really suffer. All while Leicester fans suffer because of their cheating. Everton should have been hit with a points deduction to ensure they are relegated.

Funny the tribalism this causes however, you only have to go to the Chelsea TT pages and see their fans already trying to justify it. “I don’t see a problem with an owner spending what he wants” and “Any buisness should have owner funding, what’s the problem in football” or words to that effect. And they’ve not even been charged yet, still under investigation.

I’ve not heard a single City fan put their hand up and say yeah what we did was wrong. It’s all that we’re jealous, or it’s part of some weird cartel thing to keep Utd and Liverpool at the top. They are so blinded by their success they cannot see how much their club has brought thr game into disrepute.

Relegate all 3 clubs and any other found cheating these rules. If Everton received a 10 point deduction for a single “small” charge then there’s still hope a number of City’s 115 will stick and they can be removed and let the other non cheaters get back to competitive sport.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      threeps
                      Participant

Goldbridge might be a Utd fan but I’ll forgive him for that as he’s usually entertaining and with this I think he’s spot on. The PL is at the biggest crisis it’s faced and no matter what happens with City, potentially Chelsea and maybe others it will have massive ramifications.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        sean the sailor
                        Participant

Threeps, I find goldbridge hilarious at times. Very funny watching him during utd games

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.