Home Community General Football Draining Football once and for all

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Just want to put this in the Mixer. By no means am I aiming to go into overdrive, far from it as I’ve had a great day. However, the Football for a prestigious affair has been more than painful to watch and in my view, both sets of teams are guilty.

Who in their right mind on FA CUP Final day would play with so much upheld caution?

The Barometer as far as opposition would go to me and I’d be confident to assume others suggest, both are capable of beating one another and are on par.

Why play Chess? Why be cagey?

For me, I just feel, I’d much rather, we played face value and knowing even if we were to lose that we gave it our all than just have to muster this.

It’s truly killing the aesthetics of The Beautiful Game.

Thank goodness for Pep Guardiola and Manchester City.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

This backs up my point too from a handful of callers both Chelsea and Manchester United supporters; they just don’t like what they see.

These type of formations or systems set and implemented are tiresome and point blank boring and mind draining.

United are about the Theater Of Dreams. Jose places a Duracell Battery, and drains it, slowly.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

Cup Finals are just about winning Nil they are rarely great games too much rests on one game and they are often tactical affairs.

I doubt very much you will be complaining this time next week if Liverpool put in a strong defensive performance and end up as Champions League Winners!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

Nine, they really shouldn’t be like that in essence mate. There should be freedom. It’s not a Premier League game at all.

That said, I get what you mean in reference to Liverpool, but that this a tad different and anyways as far as the stakes go, I’d imagine we’d just go in how we have gone for the best, if not the entirety of the season.

Cheers

πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

Whoosh! ?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              maverick1973
              Participant

Nil-Nothing wrong with playing like both teams did yesterday-as long as you win it.But from United`s view this has been going on since a couple of years before Fergie retired.We have spent so much money and still are playing shite football!Liverpool have spent less on their 3 forward amigos than we have spent on emoji[youtube] player,and your team are playing the best football in Europe! You are a game away from winning the big ears by playing the most exciting football in Europe,you absolutely destroyed City too!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

Mav, there’s more than one way to win a game of football mate and defending is an art and just as an importsnt part of football as anything else.

Perhaps Liverpool should return the European Cup that they won in 1978 when beating Brugge One nil in a dull Final at Wembley Stadium. ?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

….I am though looking forward to the CL Final on Saturday attack with little thought of defence from either team. I’m going for 8-7 just not sure yet which way yet!?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

Mav, I get what you mean mate;

my whole point aside the style of football itself is that these two teams themselves are regarded as heavyweights with good players.

I can understand the obvious reasons as to why, but you’d think given the quality and the vast amounts spent on players, they’d be more of a luxury to be adventurous and expansive.

I didn’t deem this as a ‘David v Goliath’.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      maverick1973
                      Participant

999-Liverpool should tear Real Madrid a new one in the 1st 20 mins and then defend with 11 men,hitting Real on the counter,imho.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

Liverpool are the best counter attacking team in Europe with their front three and they will want Real to come at them and then look to hit them on the break.

I’m not sure about their ability though to keep a clean sheet or to defend against Real for circa 70 minutes .

It could be a cracker of a match though because both teams are vulnerable defensively and strongest offensively. 5 all at FT perhaps??

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          sean the sailor
                          Participant

Madrid have some exceptional players. They have won the cl 3 out of the last 4 years.

It’s a huge task for us but if we turn up then we have a massive chance

I never mind losing once we perform well 2016 was very disappointing as we just didn’t turn up

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Brian blue
                            Participant

This issue is not so much about playing attractive football but looking what the balance sheet says and because of the financial implications teams will set up not to loose rather than entertain, thta is a fact of football life now I am sorry to say.
                              What did alarm me was the fact that Hazard on his own but the fear into Englands CB,who will meet again very shortly, plus couple KDB and Hazard against our CBs I think we are in for a torrid time
                              As good as Liverpool can be I do not think they are the best counter attacking team or they would have won the Premiership and won more games. It is one thing to say it but another to do it, I do hope they beat Real Madrid though

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Nike19
                              Participant

Brian, I don’t think I’ve ever disagreed with you on any matters and you’re right to a large degree.

My reservation however (and I’m never one to use this in any discussion) is that Lakaku and Pogba were bought with vast amounts spent on both.

I’d think to myself wow. They added Matic, and already on top of that, they have Herrera, so there is plenty of steel in place on one part of the pitch.

That to me is taken care of, so to me then on, with Rashford and Lingard, there should be freedom. Crosses should be poured in from both flanks.

It’s fundamentally changed to me after Ferguson, and any of his replacements so far quite frankly haven’t really lived up to those heights.

Just to add too on your first point made, that would apply to me instantly to a club like Wimbledon back in the day where you are scrimping and scraping to make ends meet, and doing everything you can to uphold your status in the Top Flight.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

Nil, Liverpool are currently playing attractive and attacking football so it’s both easy and very convenient for you to wrap that blanket around your shoulders and spend days criticising other teams for not playing attractive attacking football the two teams currently the focus of your attentions being United and Chelsea.

Neither Real or Liverpool are as effective defensively as they are in attack and that weakness will probably cost one of them the Champions League trophy on Saturday.

Football is about both attack and defence and teams will set their tactics up according to their strengths but defence is an art and as an important a part of the game as attack and I daresay one team will be left pondering that come the final whistle on Saturday night.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.