Home Community General Football Dominic Matteo.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

“Former Liverpool defender Dominic Matteo has had surgery on a brain tumour, the Anfield club have said.

A Liverpool club statement said the 45-year-old former Scotland international had an operation on Monday and has since come out of intensive care.

Matteo made 155 Reds appearances between 1993 and 2000 before joining Leeds United.

He helped the Elland Road side reach the Champions League semi-finals in 2001 and later captained the club.

“The thoughts of everyone at the club are with Dom, his family and friends and we will be offering our support to them throughout this difficult time,” said Liverpool’s statement.

Peter McDowall, a presenter on LFC TV, on which Matteo is a regular pundit and commentator, posted on social media: “Horrible few days but he’s doing well. We love you Dom, more than you know.”

Matteo also had spells with Blackburn Rovers and Stoke City before retiring as a player in 2009.

Leeds United

@LUFC
      ?? The thoughts of everyone at #LUFC are with our former captain @Dominicmatteo21 and his family after he was taken seriously ill earlier this week. Stay strong Dom!” BBC Football.

Awful news he’s 45 for goodness sake. Thoughts and prayers go out to Dominic Matteo.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

Thankyou Nine and Genuinely Appreciate Of The News.

Top Lad, and Love Dom in the Mid Late 1990’S for Liverpool – at Leeds United too.

I Truly Hope Doctors Remove The Tumour And Dominic’s Health Is SAFE AND SOUND.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        maverick1973
        Participant

Speedy recovery Dom,and the same goes for G.Vialli too.

ps:Nil-caps lock,lol.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

45 IS no AGE for SOMETHING like THAT to ANY fella. FINGERS crossed EVERYBODY makes A speedy RECOVERY.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

Nice one Mav. Luca is battling it here’s hoping.

“Vialli had to undergo surgery, plus eight months of chemotherapy and six weeks of radiotherapy, after being diagnosed in 2017.

And the 55-year-old revealed he is still having surgery now.

He said: β€œSince March I have been undergoing other treatments. I must be in a good physical and mental condition to face this challenge

β€œI’m fine now, I’m continuing the treatment. We must have patience, it is harder than one could hope for.

β€œBut the results are positive and it makes no sense for me not to continue living a normal life.”

The ex-Sampdoria and Juventus striker will continue to work alongside Italy manager Roberto Mancicni.”

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

I was fortunate to see Vialli play live at Leicester when he was in Chelsea colours – skilful and strong player.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.