Home Community Liverpool Crystal Palace V Liverpool – Easter Saturday 12:30

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

In Context or our aim to consolidate Top 4 status and our involvement in the Champions League, we have to try and keep the balance right as far as team selection goes for this game and Man City, this coming Wednesday.

Palace are showing a lot of key players on the injury list. We ourselves really are sweating on Robertson with his dead-leg, so Moreno may be involved. Can has a back injury, but we have Wijn to fill in. TAA should be able to continue deputising Gomez.

We are taking a risk naturally, but we have enough ammunition to play a 4-3-3 and if the game is taking shape the way we want it to, then we can take sub off certain individuals for an early bath.

I do hope though that we don’t fall into a total compromise and drop 2 points or even lose the game. We really can’t afford to given that our next league game is Everton away.

We’re in a healthy place, but it is a critical time and things can change quite significantly for the worse in a matter of days if we take our foot off the pedal and don’t perform.

I would be happy to come away with any type of win and avoid any injuries.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

Tricky game ahead of the big CL game v City and Palace away, City at home, Everton away, City away across 12 days is a difficult run of fixtures with so much to play for.

Klopp will have to juggle his squad and Palace are desperate for points and they could push Liverpool all the way and I suspect if you offered Klopp the draw now he would snatch your hand off.

Still can’t see Liverpool being beaten and a draw is probably their worst case scenario vital they don’t pick up injuries though to key players ahead of the City games.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        whoisbeni
        Participant

You’ve put your finger on a key point there – it’s so typically Liverpool that a key player will be injured. Our first 11 can match anyone but the lack of cover for key players is obvious. An injury to Salah Firmino VVD or Sane is tough to cover. The cynical Liverpool fan in me would put a bet on seeing one of those hobble off today.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

Sane’s had better days than this.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Anonymous

Maybe not !!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Big Jim
              Participant

Dick cocks up but luckily Benteke is useless not once but twice. Liverpool’s defence doesn’t look great at times. Mane extremely lucky to stay on stay on the pitch. Should have had a second yellow.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Anonymous

i was right it is his day ,no red???

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Anonymous

Liverpool got the result ,Salah on fire might as well give him The Golden Boot now.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    maverick1973
                    Participant

Brilliant win for Liverpool,what a player Messi Salah,eh Jose?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Big Jim
                      Participant

Not a convincing perfornance as Liverpool play their Salah get out of jail card again. Quality player. You keep him quiet you keep them quiet. We need to do an Ashley Young job on him on Wednesday.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        sean the sailor
                        Participant

Huge win and one of the few times we have played terribke and won.

Defence is terribke. Mane should have been off but I’ll take that win all day long

Absolutely huge win

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Anonymous

That was a strange match. Mane should have been sent off. Intentional hand ball is a booking and as far as I know, the ref isn’t really allowed to open it up.for interpretation.

The performance was the stuff of time travel. That’s how we played a year or more ago against this kind of side. People will be lauding our ability to win while playing poorly but I’ve never been comfortable in this phenomenon and how its somehow linked to a championship winning side. It’s not and is utter rubbish talk that the media perpetuate.

Nine, I can’t disagree with you more when you said that Klopp would snatch their hand off for a draw. PL matches are still incredibly important to us.

Going back to this very poor performance though. TAA, VVD, Henderson were absolutely dreadful today. Henderson is just not good enough. It depresses me that Klopp says he’ll still be our captain next season.

Delighted to see that Salah can keep his cool late on. That was a great goal. Really food play from Ox, Robertson in it also.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Anonymous

Was the Sadie Mane is a cheat thread made and then deleted because I can’t see it.

Good win for Liverpool. Salah just can’t stop scoring.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              maverick1973
                              Participant

VVD is class but the players next to him need to perform much better. I agree about Hendo,not good enough at all and only a squad player imho.Keita should displace him next season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Anonymous

That’s what I would Have hoped but it seems to not be the case. I guess Keita will replace Can/Milner in the team. I still think Milner has loads to offer the team and rate him way above Henderson nut Klopp doesn’t. He knows best I guess but it’s hard to understand his thinking here.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  maverick1973
                                  Participant

Mak-With Winaldum,Keita,and Ox,how many can there play in midfield?Milner is far too old,Lallana too injury-prone,plus you need a playmaker in the team,a No=10.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    sean the sailor
                                    Participant

Milner was mom today and has been excellent really

Pax, terrible from mane. No excuse

Mak, disagree. We rarely play terribke like today and win so delighted with that

We have played reakky well many times and not got what we deserved.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Oz Yob
                                      Participant

Mak in the poor performance side don’t forget Gini, he has a bit of a reputation from Newcastle as often being terrible in away games & lived up to that here. As Sean said that was a massive win & whilst we probably didn’t really deserve it it’s a massive 3 points for us.
                                        Like others I just can’t grasp what Klopp sees in Henderson. I think he is an extremely limited player that goes missing more often than not, esp when we need him to step up. Klopp saying he will remain captain is truly baffling to me, he’s a very average player & certainly not someone I look to as a leader when the going gets tough. Anyway Klopp obviously sees something in him.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        whoisbeni
                                        Participant

Good and important win today

Scrappy and poor performance overall though

Mane pissed me off with that dive – why didn’t he just play on? He was in a great position and might have scored or created a goal. I’m glad he was booked.

Good win, now to spank City! But I doubt they saw anything that would make them worry

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          nine nine nine

Liverpool understandably not at their best but they still pulled off the 3 points which is all that matters. TAA looked very suspect again Liverpool will have to cover for him especially at the Etihad if they are to proceed in the CL.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.