Home Community General Football Clubs that care

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Pagan
    Participant

As some of you out there may know, although by history I will always have one club in my heart, plus a soft spot for Stranraer, I no longer go to prem matches as I think they’re vastly overpriced and think the money involved in the prem is distasteful.

So now I go to the odd Millwall match, home or away, with some old time Millwall boys.
      Well one of them, who is now in his mid 60s has to have quite a serious operation on his back tomorrow. Last week I emailed the club to ask them if I sent them a card could they get a couple of the players to sign a card. They mailed back and said they’d sort it, and today he gets a massive card signed by everyone.

Millwall may have a bit of a reputation, but as a club what they do for their fans and their local area is fantastic……Pagan

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

Nice story.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

I just don’t see anybody on the Forums I have been on caring beyond their own Club and the Premier League.

However, I like to believe on here we DO Care and Support. Truly hope for this Gentleman a Full Recovery.

Pagan, Kudos To You Too Kind Sir in going out of your way – beyond refreshing to see thoughtfulness and humanity.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Mikus LFC
          Participant

There’s a reason why clubs used to be known as “community clubs”. Because that’s what they were primarily for, the local community.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

Wish your pal well Pagan. I’ve had a back op and it’s always a bit of a worry because of the spinal chord. But it all turned out OK for me as I’m sure it will for your pal. The recuperation takes a bit of time though with lots of physio.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Pagan
              Participant

Well he had his op at 10 this morning, best part of 5 hours in theatre, all good. Not sure it was a good idea for him to watch the match on TV though…..Pagan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

Just as long as he didn’t jump up for the goals.? Brilliant win for Millwall.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Nike19
                  Participant

Nine, Hope You’re Well Mate.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

Nil, not doing too badly mate all things considered. Kind of you to ask and I hope both you and yours are all in very good health. Health and family the two most important things in life! Cheers buddie 999

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Brian blue
                      Participant

Nice post Pagan, we could do with more storey’s like this. I wish your pal well for the future

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.