Home Community General Football Club finance

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Adlab
    Participant

I note that Arsenal have borrowed Β£120m from the government support scheme to manage the impact of revenue losses.
      So when clubs and media still talk about silly signings etc this is the reality.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      maverick1973
      Participant

The harsh reality is that except City,PSG,and a few German clubs,who run their houses in an immaculate and impeccable manner,no other team can spend without selling 1st.I see WHU just took a Β£22m hit on their record signing striker Haller,only 18 mnths after signing him.Pure madness

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        maverick1973
        Participant

I really hope ts City and not United with an Β£130m offer for Haaland!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

I really hope it’s Cheltenham

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            maverick1973
            Participant

It could be Chelsea?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Pagan
              Participant

To be fair it’s quite embarrassing to spend a fortune in the middle of a pandemic knowing income will be seriously reduced and then have to ask for a bailout. Will be interesting to see if Roman has to inject any cash into Chelsea after their spending spree in the summer….Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

I would be suprised to see Haaland move for Β£130m even the giants are struggling financially.

Chelsea’s policy has been to sell to buy for a while and the Summer spend ate up all those accrued funds.

You can never say never but I can’t see a PL being in a position to buy Haaland for Β£130m.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Brian blue
                  Participant

I would be surprised if City paid 130 million for him but they will look for a replacement for Augerro, who I think will leave in the summer and Messi I still believe will stay at Barca, It is hard to predict what will happen in football now, certainly money will not be as free flowing..On the plus side, I am delighted for Marine, who showed soom good business nouse, plus Chorley and Crawley who have bolstered respective bank accounts.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    maverick1973
                    Participant

9s& Brian-It can only be City,without sales 1st,surely?Unless Pogba is sold now I cant see United being able to pay anything close to that amount.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      steveosnakeeye
                      Participant

Would love to see Harland in the pl
                        One of the very few very good young strikers out there and perfect replacement for agueros goals if city got him

Out of our price range but what a player

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Adlab
                        Participant

If we signed him perhaps he could seek revenge for his dad πŸ‘¨

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

Tbh I can’t see any Club from Real Madrid to City and all those in between signing Haaland until the Summer and even then not without selling players first and selling players will imo remain difficult even beyond next Summer these are very difficult times for all even the likes of Real Madrid.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            maverick1973
                            Participant

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9138135/Barcelona-approaching-BILLION-EUROS-debt-leaving-club-fighting-avoid-insolvency.html
                              9s-Is this true?Fook me if anything close to the truth,thats defo Messi off then…..
                              What a waste of over Β£300m on Dembele,Coutinho,and Griezmann alone!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Brian blue
                              Participant

Maverick….Utd always find a way to find money!!!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Brian blue
                                Participant

Maverick….maybe, just maybe…Messi has a plan…wait for them to go bust then buy them!!!!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  maverick1973
                                  Participant

Brian-I highly doubt United will be able to “just find” money any longer.City and PSG,unless a leviathan of business world,like Bezos,invest.Which actually was a talk of doing @ Barca a while ago.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Adlab
                                    Participant

I’ve been saying this for ages, FFP was originally introduced to stop clubs going into debt like Barcelona, Madrid, United but they decided to change the rules. Now its coming home to rooste on all those with enormous debt and no profit. Is there a solution?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

There are no real solutions until Covid is beaten Adlab.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Anonymous

The other day we were discussing whose your team amongst friends at work, I asked 2 young girls who their favourite team is, oh Manchester they replied, which Manchester I asked, they replied they support Manchester City United which is typical of the majority of their supporters

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          nine nine nine

Moos, “Manchester City is no longer my 2nd team, up you Citizens.” Bit like you then Moos!😊

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.