Home Community General Football CL & EL Draws Monday 17/12

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

CL draw at 11 am followed by the EL draw at 12 pm. This is where both competitions get interesting with the match ups in the last 16 of the CL and the best placed CL teams dropping into the EL.

Liverpool, Spurs and United will be hankering for Porto seemingly the weakest of the Group winners or even Real Madrid although they might be a different animal by February whilst City will hope to avoid Atletico the strongest of the unseeded teams they can draw.

Whilst both Chelsea and Arsenal will be hoping for favourable draws as Group winners in the EL with both avoiding the CL drop downs like Inter and Napoli in this draw.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

I’m going to call it now, YooUtd will get Porto, Moneybags will get Aletico, Salahpool will get Barca and the Mighty Spuds get to knock out ze Munuich Suasage Munchers…

Get your Monster Munch on that lot! 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Hightown hope

I want Real Madrid. Chance to avenge Kiev.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

I want an Aston Martin. My chance to be James Bond!

(Sorry, very bored today!)

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            maverick1973
            Participant

Screw Aston Martin,I want an Rolls-Royce,and Kylie for an all-nighter.Sex,drugs,and rock`n roll!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              maverick1973
              Participant

Jokes aside,I dont understand why people say 4 teams form the EPL have qualified? 3 teams have qualified,and a bunch of pussies called-United! Bar the doughnut thief,the rest are a bunch of soft pussies,so soft that even those down under would be ashamed of,lol!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Anonymous

United and Liverpool normally draw the lesser teams. City and Spurs will probably get tough draws.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  maverick1973
                  Participant

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

Love Nickelback Mav are they playing at the CL @ EL Draws in Nyon??

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Chucky McChuckface
                      Participant

Bloody hell, I thought your taste in football teams was bad, but Nickleback? You got kippers for ears or something? LOL!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        maverick1973
                        Participant

27-I had you more as a JLS or One Direction fan myself,lol.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Chucky McChuckface
                          Participant

And there was me thinking… 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

Mav, lol, no mate I’m into my Rock and Blues and attempt to play the Guitar too and I’ve got a bit of a collection although all my Guitars are probably too good for me.?

Not opposed to a bit of C&W too,but I primarily like guitar based music. You’ve obviously forgotten the previous thread where we discussed Bands etc we’ve seen that would have given it away!? Cheers 999

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Anonymous

“Liverpool, Spurs and United will be hankering for Porto seemingly the weakest of the Group winners or even Real Madrid although they might be a different animal by February”.

I’m absolutely sure that Real will be a different animal if they are to ever play us again but I don’t care. I definitely don’t want Porto. It’s got to be Real. I don’t want anyone else. I don’t want to save them for the final because I hope someone take a red card and breaks Ramos’s legs. We can deal with it earlier on. I obviously also want us to beat them and I think we’ll be more fired up for that game than they will be comfortable with.

As for “easy” fixtures. We’ve gotten them in the past. in 2006 we got Benfica and they beat us in both legs. As for the big teams. I still remember the feeling when we first played Chelsea at home (even if the solid memories of incidents, either over the goal or not are fading!). Who could forget the Juve game? Garcias goal! I still remember celebrating that one. One of my all-time favourite Liverpool goals. My point here is that it’s the big games that you remember. Of course you have to come through them but if you do, it’s all the sweeter. I don’t think we’re invincible, far from it!.. but we’re definitely capable of matching the best on our day. Real may be a different animal in February but we also make have clicked into gear too. We’re still lacking that fluidity between midfield and attack. There are glimpses of it though.

Van Dijk will miss the first leg though, that’s the only real concern that I would have. I guess that means that lovren plays, so god help Ramos.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

Mak.rightfully or wrongfully whatever the feeling towards Ramos calling for someone to break his leg is totally out of order on a football forum and should not even be up for discussion!!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  maverick1973
                                  Participant

Mak-RM are in a complete mess right now,and Liverpool would stuff them were they to be paired up.I guess the team that everybody would want is United.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Anonymous

Nine, if you have such a problem with it then you should ban me. That is however what I hope happens.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

Mak,I have no desire to see anyone banned on here neither do I have the authority to do so.

If that’s what you hope for that’s what you hope for but no matter what you might think of Ramos wanting a Liverpool player to go out and purposefully break his leg should Liverpool draw Real in the round of 16 and posting so has no place on a football forum imo. I like you as a poster but I think that’s taking things too far but that’s just my opinion so let’s leave it there.

Anyway the draws for both the CL and the EL are tomorrow with all sorts of exciting match ups possible let’s get back to the thread title and focus on that. Cheers 999

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Anonymous

It’s not as if I am actually messaging Liverpool players though. We don’t need to go over what he did to Salah again. You have your thoughts on it and I have mine, neither will change their mind. I generally don’t hold grudges but this is an exception because of the nature and manner of it. If any player deliberately tries to take one of ours out of the game and sport for an extended time then you bet you that I’ll be hoping that the worst happens to them. Savages deserve to be treated in a savage manner.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          nine nine nine

Mak, this thread is about the draws for both the CL and the EL which is likely to set up a whole host of interesting match ups let’s try and focus on that.

I’m sure there will be much to talk about tomorrow and that no one will want to draw either Liverpool or City. Cheers 999

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 49 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.