Home Community General Football City v Liverpool . Judgement Night?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

Maybe, maybe not as there’s still a long way to go but it should be a hell of a game tonight and definitely deserves a thread of its own imo.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Mikus LFC
      Participant

I just can’t work out how this one’s going to go, which usually indicates a draw.

Both teams may play similar football but there are two quite different managers and quite different teams there. Pep is an excellent footballing coach hellbent on even the smallest details. Klopp has this team very well drilled but is a bit more off the cuff and let’s the front players take care of things themselves. So purely on football terms I think Pep wins that one. But in terms of passion and drive in the team, I think Klopp wins that one. We’ll see what happens.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Hightown hope

Don’t normally get to away games, but won 2 tickets in a raffle(!!) at work, so off to the Etihad with my daughter tonight – made for a cheap Christmas present (smiley face).

I would imagine City will come at us like they did in the Champions League 2nd leg first half. If we get a bit of luck and keep it tight first half, then hopefully they will leave some gaps for us to exploit 2nd half, again like the Champions League. It really is too tight to call, but I do know I would very happily settle for a point right now. A defeat would definitely be more damaging to City than it would to us, so maybe Pep will play it a little more cautious than I imagine, but a defeat for Liverpool would change the momentum of the two teams, and I’m not sure we have the experience and mental strength to get over a defeat.

So all that bullshit above can be summed up by saying I haven’t a clue what is going to happen, but I do know it’s going to very, very tense, and may be a very long night. Will be back on here tomorrow with my latest inane ramblings, blaming the ref (cos we always moan at the ref, eh, Pax!). I would say I just hope it’s a good game, but in all honesty, I don’t care whether it’s a good game. I just want at least a point! See ya tomorrow!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Editor
          Keymaster

Amazing that a Liverpool win puts City closer points-wise to Utd than they would be to Liverpool!

City can’t lose another in such a short space of time, surely. If I had to guess a result I’d say 3-1 City but there is no result which would surprise anyone in this one.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            sean the sailor
            Participant

No idea how it will go. Rumours Robertson our as his missus is due. Be such a huge loss especially if Moreno starts. If that’s true I really fancy city

Be interesting to see how city start. If they really fly at us or are a bit more patient

Such a massive massive game already. Just hope the ref doesn’t ruin it for either side

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

Sean, no Robertson and playing Moreno could be a significant problem for Liverpool were it to happen but I’m sure Robertson will play.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Anonymous

Beer and wine in fridge ,cashew nuts in the bowel,the last few Toblerone Alps (Original only) broken up, I can’t wait for this game , let’s hope we get a classic with no controversy.
                  Good luck to both sets of supporters on here.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

5-5, 6 red cards, 7 pulled hammys, 3 dodgy penalties and a punch-up in the pear tree please. Remember the brutal 2-2 between Spuds and Chelsea a couple of years back? I want one of those games please, proper footy for proper men…

So a 0-0 snooze feast it is…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    sean the sailor
                    Participant

Not sure if City going to go 3 at bsck but can also understand Laporte at left full. Very good defender.

Taa is a major concern againest sane.

Expected that Liverpool team but would have had fabhino in instead of Henderson. He’s been excellent the last 6 weeks

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

Agree not to see Fabinho, but I hope Henderson really puts in a good shift.

Just had a glance on Sky and the ‘build up’ and all they seemingly have talked about is City catching Liverpool’s lead and Liverpool’s recent history of messing it all up.

I don’t think even a win for Liverpool is a foregone conclusion and a City win would close the gap and perhaps could change the momentum. but there’s effectively a whole half of games still to be played.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Nike19.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Anonymous

HERE WE GOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

**** **** ****ing ****balls!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Chucky McChuckface
                          Participant

Did Sterling dive or did Robertson have the best dive of the game so far?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Chucky McChuckface
                            Participant

And now Mane has a go too…

I thought it was only Spuds players who cheated? πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Chucky McChuckface
                              Participant

that was close… twice…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Anonymous

Why does Pep select such a terrible defence, no wonder they been losing but this one today is the worst. Kompany completely finished, Danilo a sub at best, Laporte and Stones both average.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  cityboy54
                                  Participant

Laporte isn’t comfortable on the left

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    cityboy54
                                    Participant

All the ball …no chances

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Chucky McChuckface
                                      Participant

Game needed that…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Chucky McChuckface
                                        Participant

Not the greatest game of football, needed a goal for sure… think Pool need Shaquri on sooner than later now they need to chase the game…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Nike19
                                          Participant

Hope our heads don’t drop being a goal down and hope we don’t concede another. Would take a draw now – not the prettiest to watch too with some bad challenges.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 154 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.