Home Community General Football City and Liverpool's styles of play.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Big Jim
    Participant

It’s been written that Liverpool under Klopp and City under Pep have arguably the most attacking sides in the Premiership. But arnt their styles slightly different. City seem to work harder to get the ball back when they have lost possession and consequently they protect the defence better. Or is that just my interpretation of things and am I completely wrong.

Ps sort of stole this thread idea off a City forum post. But thought it worthy of debate as it had me thinking. Jim

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Anonymous

I think they have very similar styles of play but the city team is currently more suited to it which is why it is more effective.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

City the more rounded team defensively stronger and don’t concede leads either plus they have pure strikers in Aguero and Jesus.

Both teams are great to watch though when they are in full flow but even at 2 nil up you don’t feel Liverpool are certain to win the game where when City are 2 nil up you know they will win the game.

VVD might help solve that problem although I think Liverpool still need a reliable Keeper a defensively sound left back and a defensive midfield player if they get those three plus Keita given what they’ve already got I can see them winning a PL title.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

When I tried to watch the game on tv yesterday and saw Sterling’s goal, the whole thing reminded me of 13/14. Everything’s just clicking for City.

We have similar styles but I think mentally, City are a tad bit more tenacious than Liverpool and know and are able to grind out results.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.