Home Community General Football *Champions League Semi Finals*

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Manchester City v Real Madrid

Ac Milan v Inter Milan

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

Very Strong Man City Line Up.

3 2 4 1

Simply can’t wait for Kick Off.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

WOW! And that was just the first half.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Adlab
          Participant

A totally bent referee. Not just bad. Bent. Why are they not booked for foul after foul.
            Disgrace

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Adlab
            Participant

And as for the commentary and pundits….

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Luckydestiny
              Participant

Very tight game that, so little in it and neither team really giving an inch.

City can be proud of that performance imo and I think they are favourites for the second leg. I can’t see either Inter or AC Milan beating either Real or City so I think City could be one good home game away from being overwhelming odds on favourites to get their first champs league.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Editor
                Keymaster

You have to be joking Adlab, surely? Nothing about the ball being out before the City goal?

Or this from Bernardo somehow not leading to a red?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Editor
                  Keymaster

City really got away with one there. What’s the point of VAR if they don’t even check it for such blatant decisions?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    threeps
                    Participant

“A totally bent referee. Not just bad. Bent. Why are they not booked for foul after foul.
                      Disgrace”

It’s because whilst Madrid are the darling child of Uefa, City are the unwanted ginger step child. Nobody like to see cheats prosper especially at the detriment of their favorites so the refs are likely under instruction to force a Madrid win.

Or it could just be the usual Adlab selfpitycity rubbish that he thinks everyone is out to get his team when he should be thanking the football gods his team so far have gotten away with their unfair rise from relegation fodder to favorites for the biggest trophy in club football. One one with the home leg to come puts them in a strong position with a relatively weak Italian team facing them in the final.

Best opportunity City have ever had to win the trophy they spent billions trying to get, unless those pesky UEFA bribed refs have something to do with it!

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by threeps.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Rover
                      Participant

Why so much jealousy and antipathy towards City, it really puts you guys in bad light. I myself not too keen on City winning too much but they represent the EPL and rather them than any other team from a different country.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Rover
                        Participant

By the way the ref was highly praised for the way he handled the game. He was brilliant and helped towards an exciting flowing game ignoring all those flimsy attempts of players diving and ridiculous appeals for handball.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          threeps
                          Participant

Rover Adlab does this every time. He thinks the whole footballing world is against City when he should be enjoying where his team is right now. His team won the lottery yet he moans about everything going against them. If you cannot see my point in my post then fair enough.

But yeah I’d rather any team win other than City, maybe with the exception of PSG. Even utd and that’s saying something! Never understood this they represents the EPL thing so we should hope they win nonsense.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Editor
                            Keymaster

Rover, I don’t want any other side to win anything aside from mine. I would hope all fans are like that. City are no different in that regard.

What rubs me up the wrong way is this “poor City, everyone hates us. Why do all decisions go against us?” kind of attitude from City fans. Especially when they got very fortunate with the ball being out before the goal yesterday. If that had happened to Liverpool or Utd, there would be bedlam.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Hightown hope

Oh, I’ve missed Adlab’s ‘the world’s against us’ comments. Lol. I know all fans, whatever their club, feel decisions go against you, but wake up, Adlab, your club have won the lottery, play the best football, have arguably the best manager, the best goalscorer in world football, the best midfielder in world football, and STILL get just as many decisions go for you as go against you (just like any other club)

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Bluemoon
                                Participant

It was an excellent game, City deserved a draw at least and let’s not forget it was away to the biggest and most successful club in the world. Why would the ref, linesman and VAR all decide the ball was in, they can’t all be wrong, those pics and video clips you get on the Internet are mostly photoshopped by whoever wants to try and prove an opposite view. Anyway there’s no advantage playing at home against Madrid, they have in fact performed better away this season and other seasons too.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Adlab
                                  Participant

Just a view
                                    Footballโ€™s rule governing body, the IFAB, specifically outlines where and when VAR can intervene on its website.

They may only step in to assist the referee when there has been, โ€œa clear and obvious errorโ€ relating to โ€œa goal/no goal, penalty/no penalty, direct red card (not a second caution) or a case of mistaken identity when the referee cautions or sends off the wrong player of the offending team.โ€

With no way to prove that there had been a clear and obvious error, the official was unable to command a review.

Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti is shown a yellow card.
                                    A new passage of play had begun
                                    Comments from Arsene Wenger were shared after the game though where he suggested VAR had not gone back far enough to check if the goal was โ€œregular.โ€

But too much time had elapsed, and a new passage of play had started, which meant that the incident could not be used to rule out the goal according to footballโ€™s laws.

Between the ball supposedly going out for a throw and KDB lashing it into the net, Madrid won the ball back before giving possession away.

That signals a new phase of play and football laws expert Christina Unkel told CBS Sports after the game that IFAB laws meant the preceding incident no longer mattered.

Page 141 of the Laws of the Game handbook states that โ€œit may be necessary to review the attacking phase of play which led directly to the decision/incident.โ€

As the throw-in incident had not directly led to the goal, VAR could not intervene.

Real will now face a stiff challenge to secure their place in the final when they travel to the Etihad Stadium for next Wednesday’s semi-final second-leg.

As Ancelottiโ€™s side found out on Tuesday night, the quest for European glory can come down to the smallest margins.

So how far back do you go? Kick off!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Nike19
                                    Participant

I think going forward; City will probably edge it and it may be down to KDB. He is just something extra that will arise when needed. I still recall his goal in a similar playing position when he played us recently; not sure whether it’s cup or league, but he found a way.

Grealish gives as good as he gets. What I won’t buy is City’s discipline being squeeky clean when they have dished out plenty of physical contact and got away without being punished. Now the complaints start because the opposition themselves are Robust and probably one of the best of teams on the planet. Nearly every white shirt last night went above and beyond.

It was a shame they didn’t find a second but City did. That’s what a game like this can do.

Perfectly in balance.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Luckydestiny
                                      Participant

Adlab, it was a tough game to watch as a neutral being so tight and tactical. Real stalemate and not sure pep will want to go in to second leg with 50% chance of progression and setting up as both did it would be 50/50 in second leg. I think he will tinker for second leg trying to better the odds and wouldn’t be surprised to see haaland benched or some other surprise.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Nike19
                                        Participant

Ed @ 6:35, Agree with your sentiments: when I listened to the phone-in straight after the game, Jason Cundy mentioned the same thing when a caller made a point about supporting British Teams.

My personal honest take on it is that I’m not going to get behind a team that is a rival to me; e.g. City and/or United. Probably Chelsea too; they’re my strongest competitors so why would I want them to win.

I prefer City not winning the Treble; it’s just human nature of being a supporter as you don’t necessarily want your rivals to do to well and keep on winning.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          sean the sailor
                                          Participant

Why would anyone photo shop it? It was out of ploy. City got away with one so what. Just donโ€™t get why people canโ€™t be objective

Adlab is moaning about a ref when they got the biggest call of the night. Madrid are a horrible team to play with all their antics. City did really well. On to next week

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 86 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.