Home Community General Football Champions League: "It's a Knockout" Stage (Goonies need not apply)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 221 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

Maybe a day early but surprised to hear that Toby wasn’t even on the plane to Turin for tomorrows kickabout with the pizza-munchers… I know it’s been a long layoff, with only 90 minutes under his belt against the Welsh titans, but not even on the plane? Hopefully just a precaution…

Cue the “toys, pram, leaving” rumors… πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      maverick1973
      Participant

He wants to play in Manchester I keep hearing…..

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Hightown hope

So what are everyone’s predictions for the last 8 of the Champions League? And what are the odds of all 5 English clubs getting through? Obviously Spurs and particularly Chelsea have really tough ties, but it would be quite something if 4 or 5 of the teams did get through.

My predictions for what they are worth… Spurs, Man City, Liverpool, PSG, Bayern, Barcelona, Manu and Roma.
          And if that’s the case, everyone will be praying to draw Roma, I would imagine.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          sean the sailor
          Participant

No idea how Liverpool will get on here. We could be given the run around. I never go into these games over confident as I’ve no idea how good the opponents are

I think Chelsea will beat Barca over two legs

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

Love you too be right Sean but I can’t see it right now.

I concur pretty much with Hightowns’s last 8 although I think the Juve v Spurs tie and maybe the PSG v Real tie could go either way.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Hightown hope

I know what you mean, Sean, we could just as easily lose the tie 4-0 as win the tie 4-0. I know very little about Porto but I understand they are bang in form and an attacking side like us. I’m just basing my prediction on Mo and Bobby’s form really, and hopefully VVD making a difference at the back. I will be gutted if we do go out, but I would have taken last 16 if offered it at the beginning of the season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Anonymous

Juventus is going to be a mammoth task for Spurs we need to play a lot smarter to even score against them , I think Spurs and Chelsea will need to play out of their skins,United,City and Liverpool to go through.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Chelsea.man
                  Participant

To be honest our spirit has been dampened by the last two PL results. but we are Chelsea, we are unpredictable. when you thing we will be humiliated we go and prove people wrong. and when you think we will win comfortably we go and lose badly. in this case the Spurs game away to Wembley earlier in the season was an example that people thought we will be humiliated. but we come out big. and the Bournemouth result is another example. you never say never. i’m not expecting Chelsea to win. but i won’t rule out a Chelsea win though.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Chucky McChuckface
                    Participant

Not long to go, the butterflies are fluttering…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      paul powers tash
                      Participant

Chucky re

Not long to go, the butterflies are fluttering…

Roughly translated in northern speak means……….

Your ar$e is going like a fidlers elbow πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        maverick1973
                        Participant

Chucky has an ar$e-nal???

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Chucky McChuckface
                          Participant

Don’t speak Norrfern Monkey, only Finnish Sausage Smuggling…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Anonymous

C.man no one thought spurs would beat chelsea let alone humiliate them. It was the second game of the season, spurs first league game at wembley, chelsea were newly crowned champions. everyone thought wembley would be spurs undoing this season given our performances there last season in europe.

juventus will be bloody tough for spurs. one goal conceded in the last 16 games and not bad going forward either. will need a very mature and professional performance from the spurs boys. toby not in the squad is a blow but we’ve been ok without him. big game for sanchez. hopefully wanyama will start as i feel hes more disciplined than dier and better on the ball. the moose ran his socks off over the weekend but hopefully will be ok for tonight.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              maverick1973
                              Participant

Finnish smuggler from …. Malmo.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                paul powers tash
                                Participant

Pax/Chucky.I think your task has just been made a little easier than normal tonight.

Juventus will be without a host of players for their Champions League clash with Tottenham, including star man Paulo Dybala.

The Serie A champions have been hit by an injury crisis ahead of Tuesday’s last-16 first-leg tie in Turin.

Dybala, Andrea Barzagli, Blaise Matuidi, Benedikt Howedes and Juan Cuadrado are all on the sidelines.

Juve boss Max Allegri had hoped to have Dybala available for the match.

The striker, who has hit 17 goals this season, recently returned to training after a hamstring injury.

However, Dybala has failed to prove his match fitness and must now sit out the crunch Champions League tie.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Chelsea.man
                                  Participant

Personally Spurs aren’t my cup of tea. but tonight for 90 minutes i have to say i will put my dislike aside and support them. go Spuds you have my support i hope you upset the odds and those pundits who have written you off. i want see their faces when Spurs go and get a result at Turin. my prediction is that Spurs will get a result. probably 1-1 is my predicted result.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Chelsea.man.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Chucky McChuckface
                                    Participant

A couple of smallish surprises in the Spuds line-up, Beardy Weirdy in for Trippier and AWOLamela in place for Son-shine (not that much of a surprise though, he doesn’t travel well for some reason). The rest is the same as Saturday…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      gjblues
                                      Participant

Good luck to all the English teams in CL.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Chucky McChuckface
                                        Participant

Bullocks, can’t get English commentary… bad omen…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Chucky McChuckface
                                          Participant

Double bullocks…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 221 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.