Home Community General Football Barcelona V Chelsea – Tonight – 19:45

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Looking forward to this in a little while or so.

I think there’s every chance for the Blues to get over the finishing line. An away goal and definitely game on.

I’m no fan of Barcelona, so I’ll be a Chelsea fan just for tonight.

Come on the BLUELIONS!!!!!

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      paul powers tash
      Participant

Dembele smashes in no 2 for Barca

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

2 mistakes and 2 goals in fact 3 mistakes for 3 goals over the tie. Other than that I think Chelsea have had a half decent first half. Shame Alonso’s free kick hit the post we could have done with that one.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

Commiserations Nine and other Chelsea fans. I didn’t see the game but I guess should we be surprised at the result? Oddly enough, I had a hunch that Chelsea would pull it off tonight.

This result is bad for the PL, Chelsea’s season of course but it’s also bad for Liverpool , as you lads will now focus 100% on getting into the top 4. Well, it depends on how things go for Conte but I imagine he’ll be fired in the morning, or very soon. You might need an interim manager to rescue next season.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            cm
            Participant

Commiserations to the Chelsea lot on here. Great fight and the difference between the ties was a certain Lionel Messi. If City or Liverpool come against this Barcelona side, City and Liverpool will pummel them. The space they leave and the chances that Chelsea got, Liverpool and Chelsea will 9/10 will take them and punish Barcelona.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Anonymous

Hard luck to the Chelsea lads. Didn’t see the game but from what I’ve read they gave it a good go. Messi did what Messi does.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Chelsea.man
                Participant

I don’t know what to say about this game. we shot our selves in the foot in the first 5 minutes, the early goal was nail in the coffin. we tried our best. but Messi was the difference.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

Cheers lads but you get what you deserve in this game and if you don’t take your chances hit the woodwork 4 times and give 4 goals away across the tie you won’t beat Barnsley let alone Barca.

Mak, I don’t think Conte will be fired today there’s only 8 games to go and imo it’s pointless firing him now and trying to bring in an Interim Manager but this is Chelsea and anything can happen lose to Leicester in the Cup on Sunday so you couldn’t rule it out.

I still believe that the problems this season go deeper than just Conte, letting Costa and Matic go and their replacements have floundered and going second class on transfers hasn’t helped.

He’s a great Coach but he hasn’t helped himself this season with his continuous moaning and it’s probably best for both parties to call it a day and start afresh.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Anonymous

999 – i cant say anything about the matic deal because it just seemed a strange one and conte may have not had a say in it, but it was most definitely conte that wanted costa out and that is where chelsea have struggled most this season. unfortunately conte has to take the flack for that one. morata hasnt been what people expected but he might come good next season. the problem is chelsea could be looking at a season out of the champions league again because of that.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      maverick1973
                      Participant

Babyface-I agree about this Barca site,nothing special imho.I expect both City and/or Liverpool to knock them out if they were to play against them.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

Paxton, couldn’t disagree mate.

Costa when his head was right was virtually unplayable but his head was often not in the right place and he could be a complete pain in the Arsenal constantly looking for a move and although I can understand where Conte was coming from with that one and Conte probably would have got away with it had the club not messed up the Lukaku deal it was Conte’s call on Costa and Morata who may well come good was not the answer. Hence the panic buy of Giroud.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          sean the sailor
                          Participant

Crazy to sack conte.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

Sean, if the differences between Conte and the Board re transfers can be sorted out and Conte extends his contract past next season then we should keep him. If both aren’t achieved sadly then its best for both parties if he goes. It’s going to be a massive Summer for Chelsea for all sorts of reasons and Chelsea are likely to be very active in the transfer market only having EL football will be a negative but a Manager with only a season to run on his contract would be a bigger hurdle imo.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              maverick1973
                              Participant

999-Any chance you can have Jose back please mate?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

That ship has sailed Mav but tbh I don’t get all the moaning from United fans re Jose everyone knew what they were getting. Winning comes before entertainment, established players are prefered over young players, regular upsets in the media and attacks on rival Managers.

Jose has won two trophies already and he will win a few more over his United tenure the biggest problem is City have stolen United’s clothes and it looks like they might do the treble and then go on to dominate the PL for a while.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  maverick1973
                                  Participant

999-Not just about winning mate,its his behaviour and the type of football we are playing.He is on borrowed time I reckon,and it looks like Jose is finished @ the top!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Anonymous

Nine, there may only be 8 games to go but CL qualification is on the line. As for you saying that the problems go deeper than Conte, I couldn’t agree more. I think whoever sold Matic from under him needs to be fired. I would actually keep Conte if this shit were to not happen (were I in charge).

He’s a PL winning manager, I’m not calling for him to go cause of anything other than he’s been undermined and seems to have lost the dressing room.

I could be wrong.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Anonymous

Mav, I would like for Liverpool to draw one of the really big sides now. Real always turn it on when they get to the KOs and Barca are already top quality, this season but when we won the CL in 05 and made it to the final in 07, we did it through a host of top top sides.

Yes, I’m bloody worried about playing these teams but that’s all part of the excitement.

Am I mad for saying bring on Barca? We’ll get revenge for you and the PL.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        maverick1973
                                        Participant

Mak-Liverpool have nothing to fear from this current Barca side,without Messi they are nothing special.As for getting revenge for us,after the shambles we offered against Sevilla,we do not deserve anything but daily reminders of that humiliating performance.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Anonymous

For what it’s worth, we too have put in a humiliating performance against Sevilla in Europe recently. As for Barca, I haven’t watched them at all this season, so if you have then I’ll largely take your word for it but I would rate Suarez as one of the best players in the world. I’ve never seen a better player play for Liverpool in my time as a fan.

But ya, I think our style might do well against theirs, kinda like how yours does to ours. Damnit, this game is ‘rock paper scissors’ isn’t it 😛

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.