Home Community General Football Ange Postecoglou

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Adlab
    Participant

Happy with this Chucky et al?

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

Can’t say I’m that impressed, cyber chum, was kinda hoping for either Nagelsmann or Enrique or Poncho, (and probably in that order too!)… don’t think this lad would have made it on my list at all (never heard of him before about 2 months ago)… a bit of a punt out of left field I can’t help thinking, maybe it will work, odds are it won’t, and I can’t see the sort of players we need to sign queing up to sign for him. I’d be putting my Monster Munch on him not lasting 2 seasons if I’m honest.

Basically heading towards a proper re-build and wasting our last year with Harry (no frigging way he’ll be signing a new contract!)… or just keeping the seat warm until Jammy Dodgers sack Poncho! πŸ™‚

But then again, Buffy bought a round once, so strange things do happen, maybe he’ll surprise everyone with doubles too!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Mikus LFC
        Participant

I think regardless of the manager, Spurs need to get their recruitment team in order first.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          paul powers tash
          Participant

Done.On a four year deal from July 1st.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

I really am excited by this; must be my secret liking for Spurs haha πŸ™‚

Chucks, some optimism for you now; a starting point and a new chapter to embark on.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Chucky McChuckface
              Participant

Great, another new chapter… except we’ve gone from ‘War & Peace’ to ‘Spot the Dog’

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                steveosnakeeye
                Participant

Anyone know what β€œbrand” of football he plays?

Sometimes you need a left field managerial signing but I’d be underwhelmed all the same like Nancy but as it’s the spuds I find highly amusing 😁

The only doubles I do Nancy are your skin and blisters

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  sean the sailor
                  Participant

He plays very attacking football. Problem is it will take time to implement which he will not get at spurs.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Bluemoon
                    Participant

Good appointment but will he get the total support and cooperation from Levy and his cronies, doubt it but you never know. All clubs are changing their models especially the bigger clubs. They have too sooner or later.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      sean the sailor
                      Participant

He plays 4-3-3 – really attacking but open at times

He needs time but a bad start and he’s in trouble blue moon mate

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Chucky McChuckface
                        Participant

I reckon he’ll get at least a season… (unless we’re really in the brown stuff by Christmas)… sounds like a lot of players coming and going and certainly a different style of footy when compared with Maureen/Conte… it sounds like, at the very least, we’ll be entertained at least, heading back to the days of Ossie’s Madness…

Just hoping for a Top 10 finish… 7th or above would be a bonus… CL footy or a cup a bloody miricle.

We had 6/7 years of flirting with success, back to the mid-table boredom now…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          steveosnakeeye
                          Participant

You never know Nancy if we are lucky you could be in a relegation battle all season that would add excitement and joy 😁

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Chucky McChuckface
                            Participant

Don’t doubt for one minute we’ll be closer to the relegation battle than the battle to finsih behind the Middle East gang!!

Saint Totteringham’s day could be in February next year! πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Alfie_1
                              Participant

Can’t see it ending well. No idea how high on the original replacement list he would have been.

Can see a load of managers wanting his old job as it guarantees trophies, so hard to judge anyone in that league.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                FoxyFoxes
                                Participant

Ange is a very good coach. I’ve followed his progress for over 15 years. He thrives on being underestimated. Plays a very tikitaka style of football. Not quite as regimented as Pep, probably closer to Potter’s style of football.
                                  I live in Brisbane and he was the coach here for three years, completely transformed the league. Then went to Japan and implemented the same system there.
                                  He needs complete backing and does not suffer egos well. In the past, his style of play has needed more time to bed down as players need time to get used to it, however the calibre of player he had at his disposal previously was nothing like the ones he has now.
                                  I personally think Spurs is the wrong EPL move for him, should have waited for a mid table club to come knocking as they are too trigger happy and impatient.
                                  You will see players leave as it is his way or the hard way, but the plus side is his recruitment in the past has been excellent. He doesn’t go for your front page headliner players, he goes for technically gifted grafter players.bso he’s more likely to sign an unearthed Kante than he is to ever sign a Richardson.
                                  Speaking of which, I can see Richi being the first turfed out under him. Expect Son and Kulecevski to get more focus put on them in his set up.
                                  Will he win anything at Spurs, possibly, but probably not. But that’s more on the club than him. He will get Spurs in the ball park, but Mourinho did that and Spurs decided to sabotage that moment.
                                  Will he play entertaining football and get the fans onside? Absolutely.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by FoxyFoxes.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  sean the sailor
                                  Participant

That’s the thing foxy. He needs time to implement his style but he won’t get that at spurs. They don’t let managers build. I hope he succeeds there. I like him. Takes no bullshit and plays great football

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Rover
                                    Participant

As we only most of the time watch Scottish teams playing against each other one can’t really tell how strong or weak that league is, but as Celtic seem to be winning everything most of the time it’s probably not that strong. Maybe Championship standard or possibly lower with Celtic the exception. However he seems like a good go. As always I hope Spurs do well but not too well. A lot depends on Levy and co. If they going to give him what he wants.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by Rover.
                                      • This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by Rover.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.