Home Community Liverpool And this is why: The Table now against those vital points dropped

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Not just conventional hindsight and at convenience, but that’s the reason why one can go berserk when dropping points at home where they could have been won, ala West Brom and Everton.

Just physically wrote this out:

Forget Man City to one side:

Team__________Played_____Won_____Drawn_____Lost_____Pts

2 Man United 20__________13______4_________3________43

3 Chelsea 20_____________13______3_________4________42

4 Liverpool 20___________10______8_________2________38

Take the 2 points off 38. Gives you 36 and add 6 points on and there in lies why I myself get a little bit hot under the collar and within reason when we drop points against the teams where we should be.

Apparently by factual data, we were a lot better off this time last year. However in admittance, I knew at the back of my mind we were threadbare beyond the starting 11 and this the time was also Jurgen Klopp’s first full season in charge.

Old cobwebs have reappeared make no mistake but this time round against last year, I genuinely feel more self-assured and believe we can finish higher than we did last year, give a good bash at the CL and bag ourselves Silverware.

If the capabilities and the strength is there, we should never sell ourselves short and always aim high.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

Chucks my good friend, she was exceedingly attractive back then – wouldn’t you say?

πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Nike19.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          paul powers tash
          Participant

Darling NB πŸ™‚

One of my fave clips from countdown.Especially Gino’s reply πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

Richard Whitely is sadly not with us – Rest In Peace.

Speaking of outtakes there’s a mystery I’d like somebody to solve re a Lady around 1984 re ITV and Central News.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

Nil, after game 20 last season Liverpool had 44 points and so they are 6 points worse off than at the same point last season.

Chelsea had 49 points after 20 games last season and are consequently 7 points worse off.

It’s a measure of how well City are actually doing though that even if Chelsea were sitting on the same points total as last season they would still trail City by 6 points and City would still have a game in hand.

I’ve just done what you did though and applied an “if only” adding in the points that Chelsea shouldn’t have given away this season and also added an “if only” in taking away the points City won in injury time and Chelsea now have a 3 point lead over City in the PL table. ?

Sadly it’s all make believe though because as well know football doesn’t work like that as much as we might like it to.?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Big Jim
                Participant

And Carol Vordaman gets younger ever time I see her. Thats not make believe !

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Nike19
                  Participant

Nine, haha, I knew they’d be one customer out there in challenging πŸ˜€

I did put up a ‘disclaimer’ mate ala the first 2 lines!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

I’ve deliberately deleted something I wanted to stress given that my thoughts have been made a mockery of by the same people.

I don’t know who or where to join. As people keep telling me: Liverpool aren’t actually that capable.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

Nil, be nice if we could apply the “if only’s ” though mate we both might have a little bit of a chance then of challenging City for the title this season.?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

They were representations from most recent results not results from August 9.

10 years of being on Forums and I’ve never been taken seriously, but laughed at and made a mockery of from something I truly believe in.

What’s worse, not ONE fellow Liverpool supporter or so-called Liverpool supporter has ever backed me, which makes my ‘task’ even more uphill.

It’s a decent and a valid point.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

Nil, that’s not true mate my view on Liverpool as I’ve stated on here numerous times is that they are fantastic going forwards but defensively frail which seems to be the consensus view of the site.

As I’ve also said previously if Klopp can finally sort out the defensive frailties which imo is more than just signing new players Liverpool would become a very credible title challenger but getting above this City team is going to be a challenge for us all. Cheers 999

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            goatistuta
                            Participant

And I’d my auntie had a set of nads she’d be my uncle

Sorry couldn’t help that

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Nike19
                              Participant

Nine, appreciated, don’t worry mate it’s all good.

Maybe it’s light-hearted, and banter, but in percentages, it comes across as people making a mockery every-time I champion my club.

This type of innocent conversation I would have either during my School years or having a Pint down my local.

I was merely innocently pointing out that if we didn’t draw to Everton and West Brom, we would have been in a much better stead of affairs.

That’s the reason why I make threads like ‘Bus Parkers’ because it frustrates the hell out of me from those essentially being adept of any foundation in my view of the Premier League – what are they doing there in the first place?

As least an example like Wimbledon mixed it up and we knew where we stood with them.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Nike19
                                Participant

Goat, what you chatting about?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Big Jim
                                  Participant

Nil chin up pal. The game of the season is on the 14th of Jan potentially. Should be a cracker. It wont end 0-0.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Big Jim.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

Nil, we all face the same problems look at the Everton v Chelsea game which was 2 points dropped by Chelsea after completely dominating the game and with Everton not even having a shot on target.

The lesser teams will always look to frustrate the better teams and it’s up to the better teams to break them down it’s always been that way mate.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Nike19
                                      Participant

No worries Jim, I’ll call it a day tonight. Just one or two cockey on here and ruffle my feathers think they’re on the top step and think they’re a little big for their boots and there’s no way they’re better than me at playing the game! And Argentina too – know that team top to toe from Mexico 86 and I love the game dearly.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Nike19
                                        Participant

Thanks for the kind words Nine, appreciated greatly.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Chucky McChuckface
                                          Participant

Nil, me old cyber chum, of course people are going to have a giggle with you if you’re going to play the “Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda” game… I’ll have a go and see what I can come up with… πŸ™‚

Spuds vs Chelsea at Wembly, lost a game we bossed to a worldie free-kick and a Lloris brain-fart, 3 more points (and -3 to Chelsea)

Spuds vs YooUtd at Old Trafford, Ali doesn’t miss a sitter 45 seconds before Dier switches off from a long ball over the top, 1-0 Spuds and 3 more points (and -3 to YooUtd).

Spuds vs Burnley at Wembly, Spuds don’t switch of in the 94th minute, 1-0 instead of 1-1…

Now Spuds are 5 points of 3rd and sitting pretty in 2nd….

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.