Home Community Spurs All or Nothing: Spurs & Mourinho

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Mikus LFC
    Participant

Have to say I’ve got quite into this new series as I think it’s that bit more interesting to see what happens when a new manager comes in, particularly Jose Mourinho. I think you can see straight away that it’s the mentality of the club that Mourinho is changing which is why I still very much rate him because that’s where the difference lies between the club winning something and not winning something. Also I found the few pieces with Levy quite interesting – he’s clearly strong on the business side of things as you’d expect but I thought on football matters he seemed rather lost and weak in the short bits you see of him. And I sensed Jose was giving him a few home truths he needed to hear and shake the club up a bit to start being successful by being more ruthless and less nice on the pitch. Yes to some extent it’s obviously going to try and put a positive spin on everything but it’s still quite insightful nonetheless on all the details like man management and team selection. Had Kane not got injured you’d expect Spurs to have been much closer to top 4 last season and obviously Mourinho knew it when he got the injury.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      steveosnakeeye
      Participant

If only I could bring myself to watch it…. the most hated man at the most hated club? 😁 not on my watch !!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Editor
        Keymaster

Give over Steve, you’d have been all over Jose if, as rumoured, he had gone to Arsenal! In fact you and many other Arsenal fans were talking him up as Arsenal manager here 😁 https://www.teamtalk.com/your-say/topic/mourinho-7 He’s the biggest prat in the world until he’s your manager. Very much the Luis Suarez of the manager world.

I’ve very much enjoyed it so far. You can see the challenge Jose has on his hands trying to turn this bunch of serial underachievers and “nice guys” into winners and b****tards. Whether he succeeds or not is as much about how willing the club and players are to change as it is about his methods and ability. For me, his ability hasn’t changed at all. As Mikus has alluded to previously, players have very much changed what type of management/manager they respond to. The iron fist is becoming less effective in a world where footballers are rich beyond their wildest dreams at the age of 20. Rightly or wrongly, Jose is far too stubborn to change his man management style, which is likely to ultimately be his downfall.

Looking forward to watching the rest!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          steveosnakeeye
          Participant

Pfff don’t use facts to back up your arguments 🤣🤣

Still maintain I hate him but as has been alluded to thought he MIGHT just give us some spine and a way to defend …. we all support our clubs and managers I’d have hated it but supported him

Luckily we didn’t get him!!

Prefer arteta he is slowly doing what we need as I much nicer with awesome Lego hair 😁

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Editor
            Keymaster

He does have great hair Steve!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Shiney
              Participant

So far so good and I’ve enjoyed the first 3 episodes, still think he’s the wrong manager for Spurs but if he improves them as a team I’ll be happy.It was tough watching the bits about Poch though.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                steveosnakeeye
                Participant

Did they do a previous one with poch ? Be great if they did you could get a real view of differing styles and what works etc
                  Guess there isn’t tho? 🤣

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Shiney
                  Participant

Steve, Poch’s part was up to the CL final and the terrible start to the following season when Levy sacked him .I can see him coming back to Spurs in a few years time maybe sooner if Jose and Baldy fall out.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Surrey Blue
                    Participant

We’ve had many football ‘documentaries’ over the years and in my opinion, if the first three episodes of the latest effort (on Spurs) is anything to go by, it’s going to be very much like the others – it’s a bit better than watching paint dry but only just. We learnt, for instance, that Jose doesn’t like to lose but likes to win, Son was really cheesed off after being sent off and Toby Alderweireld was chuffed to bits on extending his contract until 2023 for an extremely large amount of money. Perhaps it’s because footballers/managers are (in essence) no more or less interesting than anybody else that can lead to disappointment. After all, despite the ludicrous levels of hype surrounding the game, about 90% of time spent watching a ‘top level’ football match – with the occasional exception – is fairly tedious, so why should a film about a football club be any better? Not even watching Take the Ball Pass the Ball (about FCB) shortly after the latest episode of the Spurs series could raise the mood, so I’m obviously missing something when it comes to this type of film. I’d recommend watching Mortimer and Whitehouse on fishing instead, at least it has a few laughs…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      steveosnakeeye
                      Participant

As this is a spuds documentary, shouldn’t it be called …..

Nothing or Nothing:Spurs & Mourinho

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Shiney
                        Participant

Steveo. maybe Arsenal should do one, “Once a cannon now a pop-gun “

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Chelsea1967
                          Participant

All or nothing. Not a great start Spurs 0 Everton 1. Everton the sort of side that would probably benefit from playing away matches with zero crowd pressure. You wonder what effect that has in influencing performance and subsequent results moving forwards in respect of both sides in a match. I would think that whilst it is the same for all sides through a home and away season, the benefit lies more with the underdog sides. Maybe I’m talking a load of gibberish but the Everton win suggests otherwise. Would Everton beat Spurs on their home ground with a full house of mainly Spurs support? I say most probably not.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            sean the sailor
                            Participant

Chelsea totally agree mate

The players aren’t really even celebrating now when they score as no fans to run to

It’s such a pity and it will really effect some teams

Commentators aren’t even excited when a goal goes in

It really is a dampener but it’s great to be bsck discussing games

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              steveosnakeeye
                              Participant

I’m quite liking it for the most part

Nice to see neymar get a red, 5 reds in the game and PSG have lost both opening games 😁

CL hangover! Love it

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Anonymous

What an idiot

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Nike19
                                  Participant

I’ve seen a few snippets on You Tube of this Documentary and I really found the behind the scenes footage fascinating. I found the same with Man City and Pep. It’s through Amazon.

I still can’t get my head around the way Son was spoken too and treated by Lloris. Son’s one of the most conscientious of professionals on the circuit with a really great attitude and work ethic.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Brian blue
                                    Participant

Guys, drawing conclusions from one game is more than a little premature. Look at it again after 10 games and they will come around quick enough this season. I have just noted City will play 5 games in 13 days i think, no doubt other teams will be fixture constipated as well. We need somebody better at working out these games

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Nike19
                                      Participant

Things could change for the Better me thinks with Bale coming in.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        steveosnakeeye
                                        Participant

Was bale and Maureen at RM at the same period? If so how did they get on? Is this his buy or levys?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          sean the sailor
                                          Participant

They were not stevo but jose wanted to sign him at real

This is a jose signing and a great one for the club

Takes spurs up a level if he can stay fully fit

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.