Home Community General Football Al-Bundy League: How a fool and his money are soon parted.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

I reckong it’s about time we have a good old discussion about this…

Anyway, bored in the office, and was bouncing around on YouTube, and came across a wonderfully amusing clip of Goonies being interviewed with the question “How will do you think the new teams would fare in the Premiership?”… lots of comments about 3rd, 7th, 12th, 2nd and whatnot…

Personally, I think they would all get relegated straight away, as the vast majority of the players who have gone for their final payday are attacking has-beanz!! They haven’t bought any top class midfielders, defenders or goalkeepers, and over the course of a season, would be lucky to win 3 games out of 38… and the same would go for just about all the main leagues in Europe.. in fact, I doubt they could hold their own in League 1, let alone the Championship.

So, what do we learn from this? Goonies are moronic numpties… 🙂

Anyway, can’t wait to see how they’re going to bribe their way into the CL (that’s obviously the endgame here) but when they do, I’m going to laugh my Arsenal off when they’re sent home after the first round of qualifiers when getting spanked by the champions of Norway!

(Of course, also going to be highly amusing to see how they’re going to get around the joke that is FFP too!)

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

Not sure what this thread is about Chucks…..Seems like you started off referring to the Saudis then you brought in the Gunners. Lol get it off your chest 😀

I am watching a TV Debate about Broken Britain. This is a fantasy world like FIFA and ‘Bollywood’. Players in their 30s flexing their muscles feeling good about themselves in the hot weather and immersed in wealth. What more could they want?!

I couldn’t care a less what they get up to and have no interest other than our English League which we need to preserve. I’m not sure how this novelty will fare.

It angers me when for example there’s money floating in India, yet there’s poverty. The players will go ultimately for the mullah. That’s what we’ve been reduced to sadly. History and Heritage is what Saudi and anybody else cannot match, even over a lifetime.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

Got to have a pop at the Goonies at every opportunity, cyber chum, part of the rules! 🙂

I just think the whole “gambit” the Saudi’s are playing is an expensive waste of time… at best they might take over the US as the global #1 retirement league but that’s about it. In the meantime, they’re going to be taken to the cleaners by everybody, not that it’s a problem for them as they literally have money to burn, but like you say, the money “wasted” on football most certainly could be put to better use (and let’s be brutally honest here, that moral argument could be applied to the Premisership and every other league, it’s grown men kicking a ball about FFS, they most certainly do not need hundreds of thousands a week to do that, do they?)

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Adlab
          Participant

Lest anybody has doubts all those going to Saudi are going for one reason MONEY.

If they offered you £250,000 a year tax free plus house, car and staff to do your existing job for four years what would you do? Honestly!

I would suggest most would go or am I wrong?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

Chucks, you’ve encapsulated in that reply essentially the distinction that they are purely a entertainment enterprise.

This is why we have regulations in our English League to promote fairness and healthy competition giving everybody as best as possible an equal chance to compete, achieve success, grow and give back to communities. There’s lots on pieces on our map geographically with their own identity, culture and community.

Saudi’s will never prosper with this. I do wonder looking at the Timeline now to 1992 whether in recent decades, the money being generated from all quarters has taken the industry a level too far and a little out of hand.

100 mill for Caicedo is ridiculous. Man City seem to also be getting the pelters every other time they buy a big money player, but people have somewhat forgotten or have dismissed Chelsea in the 00s spending loads on players who were basically trying to compete with Man U for them spending on players; see the knock-on effect that’s now spiraled a little out of control where Financial Fair Play Rules is just merely a heading with little substance held with all the loopholes being exposed.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Chucky McChuckface
              Participant

I’m not taking a paycut, Adders, not to go and live there!!! 🙂 🙂

(Been enough times already, nothing else to see there, move along!)

At least we can totally agree on one thing, Nil, the Goonies are moronic… 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

Adlab, yes it’s an exotic location, but is it realistically a place for somebody to live a life and earn a living if the money wasn’t there? Most Brits for example if being able to afford one have a second home some place in Europe like Spain where they can branch out for a bit when they fancy a change of scenery.

It’s a win-win and as Chucks has rightly point out ‘a fool and his money’. Those players will live it up like Popstars Galore!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

I’m just waiting to see what happens when one of them “crosses” the line over there with regards to behaviour… that’s going to be interesting to say the least.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

Drinking laws?

No girls allowed hahaha 🙂 🙂

Now who could possibly get up to that…..

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      maverick1973
                      Participant

Kylie-It depends on:IF they continue to spend like this season,then more and more players will go there.
                        And,it’s the Italian league that is the retirement home,I would have thought…..
                        But,they have to change a few more things,like allowing more than 8 foreign players for one team,and build bigger stadiums,as not many big players will go and play in front of 7k fans.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Chucky McChuckface
                        Participant

Mav, they can obviously change the rules within KSA, but I don’t see how that will help them grow into any sort of realistic competition to the major Euro leagues, or even south american leagues… and there’s no way they can compete in the CL for example without the entire “rule book” being torn up. Mentioned it earlier on here, the entire league in 2022 turned over roughly half of Ronaldo’s salary. And that was their own figures… the biggest club in the league turned over the equivalent of Haaland and KDB’s salary… that’s it.

And the quality of football is still pretty ropey, as I mentioned above, a very expensive sprinkling of star dust isn’t going to change that… it will take decades…

No, I maintain this is just a “fad” until the possibly get the WC in 2030 (or maybe 2034) and then that will be that… a lot of people will make a lot of money in the footballing world, players and managers etc.., but that will be that…

They might be able to make it the biggest league in the ME, but that will be that at the absolute maximum.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Nike19
                          Participant

Anybody remember when Gary Lineker signed for Grampus 8? That was just weird like he randomly stuck a pin on the map lol 🙂

Italian League back in the 90s to me perceived to be slow and more of a 1-1. But they know how to turn it on against Liverpool hahaha.

Do the Saudis really want to lay the foundations and develop a community; something meaningful beyond Stardust?

How long will Henderson be able to sustain his appeal?! 😉

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Chucky McChuckface
                            Participant

They want the World Cup, cyber chum, they want to be the center of attention, and have the wierd notion that everybody else in the world will forget their “sins”… I really don’t understand the point of sportswashing campaigns, they’re only fooling the gullible.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Rover
                              Participant

Let’s not forget petrol is dying out slowly although sufficient electricity power is also a problem. So their oil riches are not sustainable in the long run although I suppose they will climb onto the other power methods.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Nike19
                                Participant

Rover, another topic I am more than happy to discuss. I’m definitely one of those not in favour of these Electric Cars, although my Dad has just bought a hybrid.

The 2 mainstream parties don’t seem to gain my confidence and we need renewable energy than to be reliant on others.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Nike19
                                  Participant

I just think there’s plentiful already in football and rather at times overwhelming. There are many streams and for me, Saudi is another platform where I much rather our league don’t have any involvement albeit a pre-season tour of some nature.

Snooker on the other hand currently occupying the shanghai masters, but Hearn has improved the money distribution and how he’s expanded in order to generate revenue.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.