Home Community General Football Aguero

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

“Barcelona striker Sergio Aguero said he is “always positive” after reports claimed he was considering retirement.

The Argentina forward, 33, was taken to hospital after suffering chest pains against Alaves last month.

Barca later announced he will not play for three months while he receives treatment and his health is monitored.

“Given the rumours, I tell them that I am following the indications of the club’s doctors,” Aguero said on social media.

“I’m doing tests and treatment and seeing my progress within 90 days.”

Aguero became Manchester City’s all-time leading scorer before joining Barcelona on a free transfer in July.

After starting the season with a calf problem, he made his debut last month and has scored once in five appearances for the Spanish side.

As initially reported by Catalunya Radio, Aguero may have to wait until February or March next year before being able to make a decision on his future, according to BBC Radio 5 Live’s European football expert Guillem Balague.

Aguero joined Barca on a two-year deal in the summer, but the club have not considered rescinding his contract, said Balague.” BBC Football

What a terrible shame for a truly great player. Most important thing now is his health and well being.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Brian blue
      Participant

He would be a loss to the game but as the old saying goes. “all good things come to an end”. As long as he keeps his health and safety as priority not football that would be his best decision. City fans saw the best of this wonderful player

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

Aguero to reportedly announce his retirement on Wednesday. Shame what a wonderful player.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Luckydestiny
          Participant

Yeah nine, premier league great πŸ‘

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Anonymous

Under-appreciated player for sure. Hope that he can resolve his health problems and move on with his life. It’s a shame that he is forced into retirement but there are much worse scenarios there.

I’ll always remember his goal against Utd, the air genuinely stood up on my neck and head. It completely blew my mind.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

Soul destroying right now I’m sure for Sergio but boy has he been a *Truly Wonderful Professional*

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Adlab
                  Participant

I still have a tear in the eye when I watch the Aguerooooooo moment.
                    He has the same thing I do but much younger. I real legend for me.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Rover
                    Participant

Not quite as brilliant as his father in law but still what a player.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Mikus LFC
                      Participant

A match winner, as simple as that. Some of the angles he was able to squeeze a goal into were unbelievable. City still haven’t replaced him. Haaland potentially could.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Mikus LFC.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.