Home Community General Football 4th Spot

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Gives us something to talk about as usually this time of the year each season, we do.

I’m not pinning all my hopes thinking either Newcastle or Manchester United will drop points to suit Liverpool.

Liverpool still have to win both their remaining matches to stand any chance, but for us, it’s simply about tailing off on a positive so that puts us in a great frame of mind to kick-on into the summer and really get a good pre-season under us.

If any one was to drop points, the likelihood would be Newcastle, but I think both teams will probably do enough to get over the line.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chelsea1967
      Participant

Newcastle have to come to the Bridge on the last day and I’m expecting Chelsea to play well in front of the home supporters to close a dismal season. Newcastle may well be fragile under pressure of having to collect three points, the crowd will be noisy and I’m expecting at least a draw in that one. Tomorrow Newcastle entertain the entertainers in Brighton – never say never there either, Brighton are a very good side and may be good for a draw at least. I think Liverpool need to close in on the 4 goal differential with Newcastle and try and turn that into a positive. That could happen on the last day at Southampton. Yes Nil there is plenty to be positive about striving for 4th.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Tugay is God
        Participant

Why would you expect Chelsea to play well? You have Lampard as manager. The last few weeks have been pathetic from him and the players.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Chelsea1967
          Participant

home game, last game of the season, crowd expectation and maybe Newcastle fragile needing a win. I hate repeating myself but there you go.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

C67, you may well be right mate. Newcastle may not get what they need at the Bridge.

I’m not personally pinning to much hope for the risk of being disappointed.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Mikus LFC
              Participant

Well Newcastle looking dominant vs Brighton. They ain’t going to lose to Leicester at home, and even if they lost to Chelsea on the last day, they’ll still be in the top 4. And hard to see Man Utd throwing it away now. So I think that’s that for Liverpool. As I said before, you can’t just suddenly start consistently performing from matchday 30 and expect a good season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                sean the sailor
                Participant

Ye that’s it mikuis. We left it to late. Poor season from us. Newcastle have being excellent this season

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Nike19
                  Participant

Done Deal for Newcastle and they deserved it after last night and effectively all season. They only really need 3 points from their last 2 matches.

So reliance now is on our arch enemy to drop points.

And agree, we woke up too late, so Thursday is probable for next season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Mikus LFC
                    Participant

Whilst much will rightly be made of the defence and midfield this season, if you tend to look at our patches of poor form over the years they tend to correlate with either the poor form or injuries to the attacking players. We really need to ensure we consistently have attacking players available. Nunez has been too raw this season. I dare say had we still had Mane we’d have easily made top 4 this season even with the issues in midfield & defence.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

On the subject of injuries, it’s repeatedly been the same individuals. However unfortunate the circumstances are of those individuals, the ramifications otherwise have hampered our first team and squad depth.

I don’t think it’s fair to pick on one aspect. JK should own responsibility of not adopting a new formation/system sooner than later.

Time is definitely up on certain players that cannot be expected to start and play the whole 90 mins week in week out.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Tugay is God
                        Participant

Theres hoping to play well and theres expecting to play well. Nothing Chelsea have done under this terrible manager would make you EXPECT you to play well.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Nike19
                          Participant

Chelsea players have to play well. Poch could be there to watch so naturally, the players would want to impress their new manager.

With that said it’s done because Leicester aren’t going to get anything at St James’

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

I actually feel happy for Newcastle tonight. Maybe because of being able to like Eddie Howe and his players; they seem so humble and down-to-earth.

Deserved of their CL place and many Congratulations.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              threeps
                              Participant

Missing out on 4th place for Liverpool means revenue loss, prestige loss, could affect the summer targets. Bummer. But on the brightside we’ve not won the Europa for a while and the final is in Dublin. As Klopp would say, book your hotel tickets now!

Or we all crash at Sean’s.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                sean the sailor
                                Participant

Ha ha, I’m 30 minutes from the aviva be great!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Nike19
                                  Participant

United look good as it stands for 3rd place. No slip ups here. All sorted tonight.

Just Sunday left to watch and enjoy it.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    threeps
                                    Participant

Utd look awful. Just that Chelsea are a little more awful. Two simple chances fluffed especially Murdyk a minute or so before Casemiro’s free header. Two poor teams.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Editor
                                      Keymaster

Agree Threeps. Utd look like they’ve already checked out for the season which is worrying with a cup final to come. We shouldn’t be struggling against this poor Chelsea side. Eriksen looking his age today. I don’t know why we persist with Eriksen and Bruno in the same side. It’s asking for trouble.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Nike19
                                        Participant

I just can’t connect with Frank’s press conferences. I do commend him for his positivity which is what you do need, but he really lacks the knowhow from a management point of view on the pitch. You can’t just go out and play.

Whether or not in turn United are poor, they’re doing a job. Liverpool couldn’t buy a win on both counts this season, so we are our own worst enemy and shot ourselves in the foot when maybe we could have won a CL place.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Nike19
                                          Participant

Looking forward to the latest post match conference πŸ˜‰

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.