Share this page

Home Community General Football Week 4: Because I can… Reply To: Week 4: Because I can…

Mikus LFC
Participant

As I say, I just look at the attacking credentials of the teams. A good attack will not win you a trophy on its own but it will get you bloody close. When we signed Torres it got us to the closest in years and we got even closer with Suarez and Sturridge. And the front 3 of Salah, Firmino & Mane finally got us there (of course helped with the defensive acquisitions).

City’s attack is there for all to see but Liverpool now have more attacking midfielders so I think we’ll be a lot more robust. It’s the defence that’s the concern, but if we keep attacking well that will still alleviate some of the pressure on the defence.

Spurs may have some hiccups, but the attacking way they play will still serve them well. Arteta seems to overcomplicating things at Arsenal for me but they still lack a wow factor up top I think. Chelsea still don’t have enough up top to threat for me, its to be seen how much Højlund can do at Utd but even if he does well still not sure they’ve got enough to seriously threat. Newcastle have had a difficult start with their opening fixtures and the CL will obviously congest things but again, just don’t think they still have enough up top to threat.

As to why there seems a dearth of attacking talent at some clubs, I just do wonder if this modern fashion of trying to bring in young prospects is actually putting a lot of pressure on them or do some just not get enough game time? I mean how much game time is Palmer going to get at Chelsea? Jude Bellingham couldn’t have made a better move going to Dortmund because it was still a big club in Germany and he was always going to get game time which was perfect for his development.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner