Home Community General Football United v City Wednesday 24/04

• This topic has 289 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 290 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

Massive massive game for all sorts of reasons on Wednesday night. But whichever way it goes it still probably won’t mean that it’s all over.

I’m not sure United have it within them now to claim a CL place but the 4 nil defeat will have hurt their pride and I would expect a response and it will probably come down to whether City can handle that response and then play their own game.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

Sure thing Nine. Ole will expect a big response out of his players, and quite a few of those on the field today will need to roll their socks up.

Gary Neville this afternoon when asked described that display as rancid. Personally, I’ve never seen such result in all my years of watching football since the turn of the Premier League, and before that as a kid (even at the time Everton were a relatively dominant force in Top Flight).

At worse from my point of view as a Liverpool supporter, City take all 3 points but you’re right in pointing out the destiny of the Title wont hinge on this game.

Cheers

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
        srd79
        Participant

I have No doubt City will win. United are in poor form and City are just a better team. Sadly.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

Going from form and even ability, City should win this but we’ve got to take other things into account.

Utd fighting for pride means what exactly? Dunno, could mean nothing or it could be important. It comes down to their mentality and TBH, I don’t think they have a very good one.. so we’ll see.

However, I think the potentially key things that don’t show up on paper is the mentality of man City. They were struggling with nerves during the Spurs match. They got over the line but Liverpool have won again, leapfrogging them and they are heading into a scenario where they no longer have the protection or burden of a game in hand. It’s a burden, only if they win the game in hand and they know this.

I wish it were a better Utd team that were facing them but you don’t know, it could be enough. My point here is that it won’t be the quality of Utd that will take points from City, it’ll only be themselves. and how they respond to the pressure.

From an on-paper situation, I think I’d give Burnley and Leicester a better chance of taking points from City at this moment and if they get through Utd, this is where our hopes lie but I’m not giving up on this melting pot of a derby, ingredients :

wounded pride
            Chasing CL
            Home game
            Game in hand over and done with
            Derby match

Cooked for 90 minutes in a pressure cooker.

I’m aware that City are strong favourites for the title but I have ABSOLUTELY not given up on this and still believe that we have a genuine chance. I know because the team believes. Today’s match against Cardiff was setting up for the old Liverpool teams gone by to get in their own heads and fail to find a way through. This team is relentless. They believe in themselves, they know they still have a chance.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Hightown hope

Good on yer, Mak. I’ve not given up either. City are big favourites, but it should go to the last game and you just never know!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

Echo Hightown’s comments. Mak, there’s not going to be any easy ride as Solskjaer and his Management Team all in all won’t stand for it. His own position aside, he really needs to secure a Top 4 place.

Fred I have never got and possibly, the guy is isolated due to no support from anybody else in that defensive midfield area like Pogba.

No Bailly or Valencia, defence looks really weak and De Gea himself looks vulnerable so a real change of events is going to be needed to nullify Manchester City.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Oz
                Participant

Jeez manu were pants werenโ€™t they, more chance of Leicester beating city than manu, city will win this in a canter.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Oz
                  Participant

HH maybe if there was half a dozen or more games to go but not 3, itโ€™ll be a full on miracle if city donโ€™t win it, as they should with the amount of money theyโ€™ve spent.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Editor
                    Keymaster

Yeah sadly I think you Liverpool fans need to look beyond this week’s game for any hope of City dropping points. As for expecting a big response after a poor display, the same was said after our terrible performance at Barca and look what happened yesterday. The sooner our season ends, the better. We haven’t had a single good performance since we went out of the FA Cup to Wolves and I don’t see that changing before a major revamp of the squad in the summer.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Chucky McChuckface
                      Participant

Thanks for reminding me Oz, I thought all the City team were freebies like all the LinoPool team were… ๐Ÿ™‚

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

Newcastle away in the middle of two games v Barca could be tricky too.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Mikus LFC
                          Participant

The title race is purely a psychological battle now. Both sides have wobbled when theyโ€™ve been top this season. Thing is – suppose City do slip up on Wednesday and Liverpool capitalise on it and it goes back into their hands. That will arguably change the pressure dynamic and the expectation pressure then shifts on to Liverpool. Funny thing pressure – it can get to the best of them. Letโ€™s not forget Utd blew a 5 point lead in 2012 with 4 games to go.

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by Mikus LFC.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Hightown hope

But Oz, the point is that it is, in all likelihood, going to go to the last game. That, by my reckoning, is NOT a canter. If City had won the damn thing with 5 games to spare, as you suggested only a month or two ago, that would have been a canter, but nobody can suggest that now.

Of course they are now big favourites, and will probably win all their games, but if we can stay with them like we are at the moment, who knows? If they have to win their last game, I’ll believe we’ve got a chance, at least until they score their usual 4th minute goal. For the life of me, I can’t understand your doom and gloom. It really seems as though you’re not enjoying the ride.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              maverick1973
                              Participant

Its going to be a cricket score come Wednesday night,going for a 5-1 City. United are in a mess,there is something rotten to the core inside the club.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Nike19
                                Participant

I’m generally happy and excited that we are still in with a chance. It’s a testament to us and our progression we have won all these games in succession. I thought for example, we would draw to Spurs, Chelsea and Southampton and perhaps a Liverpool team 2 seasons ago would have done that.

We’ve going to eclipse the 90 mark, make no mistake. Solskjaer can easily pick a 11 that he’ll think wont humiliate him and the club and that those players can play for pride and the badge. I can’t see another whooping. I think City may play Mahrez this time to try and get round the back of United, but they themselves must start on the front foot.

Oz, I think the only tricky game left for us is Newcastle away, but the way we’ve been playing, we seem to come up with the answers from the second-half.

If we missed out knowing we took it all the way to the last game, I’d be very proud of our Club.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Oz
                                  Participant

Sorry HH meant win their remaining games in a canter. Yeah I expected it to be well & truly over by now but weโ€™ve hung tough. Sean was spot on, as soon as they took it out of our hands itโ€™s over. Iโ€™ve said many times we are batting above what we should be & Iโ€™m proud as punch we have pushed the moneybags all the way & are once again in the semis of the C/L. We will hear once again how next year we will be even better & the rest of it but for me this season was our big opportunity to break the EPL duck & once again we blew it.
                                    We wonโ€™t be the only ones strengthening next season & seeing how big a scare weโ€™ve given city I fully expect them to spend big & keep us at arms length once again.
                                    Still optimistic about the C/L though, hopefully we can get at their backs with our speed but any team with Suarez & Messi are going to be a handful. Should be an interesting couple of games.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Nike19
                                    Participant

If we’ve come this far, then I say we owe it to ourselves to hope City can stumble out of these remaining 4 matches. Remember, they HAVE to win.

Cardiff are quite close to Brighton in points total, and Chris Hughton on the final day may himself need something. Burnley away, Leicester at home, you just never know.

Our tricky game is Newcastle, but I’m hoping we achieve a positive result at the Nou Camp to maintain our levels of confidence. I’d take a 0-0 or a 1-1 right now.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Nike19
                                      Participant

A worldie from Pogba – here’s hoping ๐Ÿ™‚

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        maverick1973
                                        Participant

A worldie from Pogba โ€“ hereโ€™s hoping ? An OG more likely,Nil! Hehe!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          sean the sailor
                                          Participant

Huge fallout after Everton game yday. Utd really need to respond and even now already, people are questioning the manager.

There really is something different about this Liverpool team.

At 0-0 or a goal down, no one panics and you just know we will score.

We look fresh. Something just feels different. Every game we win just keeps us in there. Itโ€™s just a huge pity that we need this city team to drop points. We are waiting 2 months for to happen.

I canโ€™t see city dropping anymore points. My only hope is Wednesday and for the first time in my life Iโ€™ll be cheering on utd

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 290 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.