Home Community General Football Mane vs VVD vs Salah

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 218 total)
  • Author
    maverick1973
    Participant

For Ballon d`Or.Glad Im not in charge of deciding,but my vote would go to S.Mane.What an amazing player! VVD is man-mountain in defence,the best defender in the worls by a mile,Salah is a little genius in attack,makes things out of nothing,scores worldies for fun,but Mane is a fooking machine.Never gets tired it seems,runs like a bunny on Duracell,and scores goals galore.The best player in the world imho,and fully deserves the piedestal.Messi,CR7,and the likes of geriatrics belong in the past.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Hightown hope

For me, Mav, it’s between Virgil and Sadio, simply because they have played better than they have ever before over the last year. You can’t say the same about Mo.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        maverick1973
        Participant

Double H-Just how much did Mane cost,again??What a bargain!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Hightown hope

Hell of a bargain, even at Β£35m. We’d get 5 or 6 times that now if we sold him, but in terms of transfer bargains there is only one winner for me…Andy Robertson Β£8m. We’d get 10 times plus that if we sold him now!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Mikus LFC
            Participant

For information:

The FIFA best player award: voting criteria (via Wiki):

β€œThe votes are decided by media representatives, national team coaches, and national team captains. In October 2016, it was announced that the general public would also be allowed to vote. Each group has 25% of the overall vote.”

Ballon D’Or: Voting criteria (via Wiki):

β€œ… based on voting by football journalists…After 2007, coaches and captains of national teams were also given the right to vote.”

So basically the difference between the two awards is the FIFA award gets a part public vote it seems.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Mikus LFC.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Hightown hope

Klopp has come out and said he believes VVD should win it!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

The 30 candidates for the Ballon d’Or
                  Liverpool: Van Dijk, Firmino, Alisson, Wijnaldum, Alexander-Arnold, Mane and Salah
                  Manchester City: De Bruyne, Mahrez, Bernardo Silva, Aguero and Sterling
                  Barcelona: Leo Messi, Griezmann, Ter Stegen and De Jong
                  Real Madrid: Benzema and Hazard
                  Tottenham: Son and Lloris
                  Ajax: Van de Beek and Tadic
                  Juventus: Cristiano Ronaldo and De Ligt
                  PSG: Mbappe and Marquinhos
                  Atletico Madrid: Joao Felix
                  Napoli: Koulibaly
                  Bayern Munich: Lewandowski
                  Arsenal: Aubameyang

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

The 10 candidates for the Kopa Trophy

Matteo Guendouzi (Arsenal)
                    Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund)
                    Joao Felix (Atletico Madrid)
                    Moise Kean (Everton)
                    Samuel Chukwueze (Villarreal)
                    Kang-in Lee (Valencia)
                    Matthijs de Ligt (Juventus)
                    Vinicius Jr (Real Madrid)
                    Kai Havertz (Bayer Leverkusen)
                    Andriy Lunin (Real Valladolid)

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Luckydestiny
                    Participant

Never really understood this award, glad I dont have a vote, how the hell are you supposed to decide?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

Lucky,here what you say buddie but I don’t think it would be that difficult for you and I to decide who to vote for. ?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        maverick1973
                        Participant

Lucky-Easy mate,P Jones????

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          maverick1973
                          Participant

Mahrez?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Anonymous

Argh.. I bet it was so easy to tell how torn I was between Mane and Van Dijk, in whatever thread it was that we were talking about this. So, with that, you can obviously tell that I think this is a good thread.

I will say one thing though and I’m not entirely sure how correct we are, however, for our own reasons, Liverpool fans only have 2 choices. There are multiple reasons for it but if you pulled my arm and demanded that i simplify I’d say 2 things : 1) Salah isn’t as consistently involved in any given game as Mane is (Mane has the fire in his belly). 2) Salah can’t live up to his first season. It’s only natural that we look down from that insane point. What did he score, 42 goals or something silly?

Getting that out of the way though, we have to go back to when Mane was signed. The general feeling was that we over-paid. I don’t think I saw him in any other games besides what he did to us (the bastard). I had no idea he was so incredible at all, or even close. I was hopeful but not expecting.

In a very short time, Mane shot from this point to being our number 1 guy. Now, Liverpool were used to having this one to lead us all kinda thing and Mane became that. He kinda burned out for a spell during I think, the winter before we signed Salah (correct me if I’m wrong) and we all stacked the clubs lost games on this. So, while Salah came in with this just world shaking first season form, we had already had this idea of Mane and watched so many games where he was our only, or biggest hope.

History lesson over, the non-Liverpool fans are maybe able to appreciate our love for Mane. To give Salah credit, when he’s on form, he is the DESTROYER. I think Salah is a victim of his own anxiety sometimes but when he is flowing, there’s no defending against him. As amazing as he is though, he’s not in the top 5 for me.

As much as I love Mane and hope himself and Salah stay, this is also not the year for him. I am totally ok with the lads that say Mane is the one etc, although I think when it comes from players, it’s either Barca trying to divide Liverpool attention, or real trying to coax Mane to join them soon.

There is only one Ball on Dor winner and it’s Van Dijk. He’s the one player we could not do without. He’s the best CB in the world and I just found out what i think is an absolutely weird stat about him yesterday. He apparently has only picked up 2 yellow cards in the Pl, since the start of the previous season, or there abouts…. Now, take that with the fact that he literally almost never gets dribbled past (1 time in 2 years, I think we’re at) and you can see that this guy has it all under control. He doesn’t NEED to make tactical fouls or stretch for tackles. I’ve never been an appreciator of CB play, as when I kicked a ball I was always up trying to score goals but watching this guy just casually masterclass it has been an educational experience.

In case you’re wondering why I highlighted that sentence… I realise that I went on a bit and I didn’t want it to be lost that the dribble and yellow card stats directly (for once) back up this claim. It might help people to really sit back and go “holy ****, this guy has got to win it”.

anyway, sorry for the super long post. I should have given the Liverpool fans a skip in point perhaps but they will just have to deal with it really. Poor guys!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Anonymous

“Lucky,here what you say buddie but I don’t think it would be that difficult for you and I to decide who to vote for. ?”

understandable I guess. There was one season where I think Suarez was the best player in the world. I was and still am convinced that he was at least in the running but that’s not how it goes. It’s a political game and for me, the best players don’t always win/come close.

I wouldn’t vote for Hazard, even if a Liverpool player weren’t here but I will say that he was one of the best ever PL players, who had more worthy seasons , previously.

I have a kinda new experience though when it comes to Liverpool players this season. I hope this doesn’t read as arrogant, it may do but I am sure that this last year, Liverpool have had the best player. If Messi didn’t have such a banger, I’d go on to say 2. I didn’t watch La Liga though, it is kinda like shooting fish in a barrel there, for the top 3 now (used to be 2 so they are going places etc).

I’m going to tell you lads what will happen. Although I think there is worthy conversation for Van Dijk 1, Mane 2… It’ll be Messi who wins it.

For a while Van Dijk was on the lips of people and the media but memories fade and unfortunately for Van Dijk, Messi has been reminding people of his brilliance for such a long time now and he’s just too big a name to fail. I still remember Anfield though, where he was out-played and over-awed.

I know for sure that Virgil would swap this for the PL but to me, these things matter. People are too quick to write off personal achievements/validation for footballers. As my American friend says, I’d be so “stoked” for Virgil if he won it. Fingers crossed I guess but I’m not expecting it.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

It’s a beauty contest Mak and beauty is in the eye of the beholder the players who usually win it are the players who get you out of your seat there are a number of players who fall into that category amongst the nominees but I wouldn’t write off VVD’s chances he’s one of the main reasons Liverpool are where they are currently imo.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Anonymous

Ya, agreed. I’m just hoping that this one time people go for what is at least in my opinion, substance over style. I know for sure that others will think it’s silly but I really want Van Dijk to win this. It matters, this time it matters.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    steveosnakeeye
                                    Participant

but why? why does it matter so much, id be annoyed if he didnt win it but not to that extent…its just how corrupt these things are! he is about to win pool the first title in 30 years, sitting top, not lost yet (in PL), current CL winners having been finalist the year before…im sure hte man himself would shrug a shoulder and smile with a shake of the head and feel pretty smug even without the award!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Anonymous

Hard to say Steveo and I know for sure many fellow LFC fans couldn’t care less. I’m sure Virgil will be ok on the flight home if he doesn’t win it but you know he’ll have his hopes up. Maybe it’s kinda special because there is actually a defender who has a real chance and hey, he’s one of ours! Maybe it’s because I would have made him captain when he signed for us? Maybe it’s just a number of these things together.

As for : “he is about to win pool the first title in 30 years”, look, we have to come to some kind of understanding. if you lads don;t want us to count our chickens before they’ve hatched, it’s not great to do it for us πŸ˜›

We are 1/3rd the way through a season that is so far leading to a title but you’ll note the distinct lack of “so far” trophies on our wall πŸ˜‰

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        steveosnakeeye
                                        Participant

ha ha ha fiar play Mak, you cant win can you mate!
                                          its the whining and entitlement (sometimes form some) that have wound me up, not liverpool FC or the way they play or Klopp, always had the greatest respect for all concerned, and my non red tinted glasses say that i just cant see liverpool not winning, i know its not done and dusted and a ways to go but looking at the other clubs i cant see you slipping…i think you and he will take that over the award! but then i do get what you say, would be nice for a deserbving player and defender to boot to win the damn thing, i just dont see it as counting for to much (other than maybe getting the big boys to try and take himoff yo in the summer πŸ˜‰ )
                                          glad im out of your bad books and i shall endeavour to stay there! lifes to short! just remember if i get narked at a point it doesnt mean i dont like the poster or their club! its just a point on a board! πŸ™‚

i take full resposibilty if liverppol dont win! i just hope they lose one match…then i can relax πŸ˜‰

we dont have much to crow about as a club only our FA cup victories (just) and invicibles and i want to keep them both until some bright spark at our club gives us a decent manager and chance to compete with the big boys!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Anonymous

“Mak, you cant win can you mate!”

We are trying! and we’ll be the first to let you know when we’ve won something, you know this. As for the City game and the fall-out, best left in the past. It was tense beyond enjoyment for me and it took just a few comments that I’d usually bat away to ignite the powder keg.

Last season we were 3 losses or so worth ahead of City and nobody thought it was possible and they were right… However 5 draws later and the title was gone. Nobody grinds out winning runs like City. We tried to beat their record this year, almost did it but not quite.

As for yourself, after an exciting summer, this must be a let down alright. The thing is though, a new manager might suddenly show you why you paid so much for Pepe and the likes. I was initially against firing Emery but it doesn’t look like he’s got the dressing room. It begs the question of when, not if… and if that really is the question then surely “NOW!” is the answer.

You’ll be back. I mean, you will likely miss out on CL football this season but you might have a new project in good flow by the time the curtain comes down. I can’t tell you to be hopeful but if I can say one thing it’s that we’ve come back from much MUCH worse. H&G + Hodgson was a low that nop big club should stoop to.
                                            GL

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 218 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.