Home Community Liverpool Jurgen Klopp: You have to feel for him

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Simpathy doesn’t scratch the surface. A sorry state of affairs, but I honestly don’t understand why certain individuals are still picked albeit, his hands being tied purely and simply with the lack of strength in depth.

I love Jurgen and genuinely want this to work, but something clearly behind the scenes is wrong, severely.

Last season, we finish with a strong record against teams in the top 6. This season so far, we are simply feeble. This really isn’t no good. We’re throwing games away quite frankly, cheaply.

I love this man and I feel for him because of a lot of the odds ‘stockwise’ stacked against him.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

Cyber chum, with all due respect I don’t quite understand how “Teflon” Klopp can still escape any serious levels of critique by the faithful. He’s had 2 years and 4 transfer windows and bought in 13 players so far, yet I would say Pool’s defense hasn’t visably improved one bit during that time. It’s easy in today’s game to blame the owners of any club about not giving the manager a couple of treasure chests of cash to buy a team, but I’m old enough to think old school, and still expect the manager to actually coach the squad he has rather than just by new players when he feels the need. Considering this aspect, I can’t help but feel that “Teflon” is escaping a fair amount of criticism here, with what appears to be a majority of Pool fan’s pointing the blame to the owners.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Anonymous

i’ve said it before and i’ll say it again. Klopp is liverpools biggest problem. going forward (on their day) liverpool are irresistible but defensively they are a shambles. he has had 4 transfer windows to fix it and has ignored it completely. he put all his eggs in one basket with Van Dijk. does he honestly think that the liverpool defence is so good that van dijk is the only player in the world that can improve it? klopp said he could write a book on defending in 2 hours. maybe that proves how little he knows about it. how he escapes any criticism from the media is beyond me. every game arsenal lose, they are in crisis and its all wengers fault, yet they are currently 5th and liverpool 9th but the media refuse to say a bad word about klopp. until liverpool sort out the defence they will not achieve anything. and it isnt just bringing in a few players. its much bigger than that. they need 2 keepers, 3 or 4 centre backs, at least 1 left back and at least 1 right back. that potentially 8 players. they also have no one protecting the defence – will keita do that? dont know where he plays.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
          FergieTime
          Participant

Not sure why Klopp needs to be felt sorry for.

He has had 4 windows, brought in 10 players(5 attacking players and 5 defensive players).

His cheapest attacking player removing Solanke is 25m and his most expensive defensive player is 10m. That sums his philosophy up, he is building a side from the front and neglected the defence. Why couldn’t he spend the Chamberlain money, a player that was not needed on Davidson Sanchez, a player that was. People blame FSG, the money is obviously there if they can spend 35m on Chamberlain, yet was not spent on the right position.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
            srd79
            Participant

Have to agree with Chuckie, Paxton and FT. Klopp has spend money. Just not very smart in many cases. Salah looks great value for money, but did he really need to spend on Chamberlain?

And I really don’t get hov VVD could be the only defender worth going for. By the looks of it, basically any defender out there would improve Liverpool as it is.
              And absolutely no way Mignolet is a topclass keeper. And if Karius is the alternative (and Klopp did buy him) then Liverpool are screwed and Klopp plays a big part in that.

And how the hell can he keep playing Lovren? The guy looks like a seagull on stilts most of the time.

Klopp gets no stick because he simply is a very likeable guy. I really think it’s that simple.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
              maverick1973
              Participant

No sympathy for me either,keep playing the likes of Mignolet,Moreno,Lovren,and you are in trouble.He has had time to sort it but has refused to do so,even giving them new contract,like Arsenal with the likes of Monreal,Mertesacker,Cazorla,Giroud,Wilshere!.Lovren is the worst defender in the top-half of the table,worse than Mangala!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                FergieTime
                Participant

I also do not understand the Keita signing for 60m. He is a box to box midfielder like Henderson, but is most likely going to replace Wijnaldum or Lallana in the midfield 3. Demme is RB Leipzig’s defensive and holding midfielder and very good one too. Keita is not a player that Liverpool need in order improve in their final 3rd, as they are very good there already. It will still leave the same gaping holes and vulnerability of mistakes with him in the side today.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Nike19
                  Participant

All good replies and resonate with each and every one. He’s been a great fit as a person and how well he’s liked by our own supporters, but I can see why Jason Cundy for example calls him ‘Brendan Klopp’.

If you persist with a combination of Mignolet, Lovren and Moreno, you’re simply kidding yourself with their tract records.

I would genuinely be sad to see Klopp leave Liverpool should a change be made.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

Sadly for Liverpool fans Klopp has got a defensive blind spot in both Coaching and strengthening the defence all of his efforts seem to be focused on the offensive side of the team over the defensive side of the team demonstrated by his limited spending on defenders v offensive players Liverpool had a defensive problem when Klopp took over but 3 of those players in Mignolet, Lovren and Moreno are still playing. Why?

Offensively Liverpool are brilliant but this you score 2 or 3 goals and we’ll score 3 or 4 doesn’t work Liverpool had Spurs on edge after the Salah goal but then another defensive error took the game away from them.

I like Klopp and I like his philosophy and he is probably most opposition fans favourite Manager but if he doesn’t solve this defensive blind spot he’s ultimately a gonner imo which would be a great shame as he’s been a bit of a breath of fresh air to the PL.

Personally I think Klopp needs to appoint a defensive Coach but I don’t think his ego will let him do that. Big Sam sorted out the Palace defence within 6 weeks it’s not all about signing new players it’s as much to do with organisation and Coaching.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Chucky McChuckface
                      Participant

The problem with Teflon is he’s all swag…. ๐Ÿ™‚

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        maverick1973
                        Participant

M.Hughes next to go,Giggs to take over Leicester?!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

Be madness for Leicester to appoint Giggs imo they need an experienced pair of hands.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Chucky McChuckface
                            Participant

For pure entertainment value, I would love Giggsy Wiggsy to take over at the Foxes, that would be brilliant.

Although I would add it does peeve me off when celebrated players seem to think they should get a chance at a top flight club based on their paying career. (Although in Giggsy’s defence, he has said he would be prepared to drop a division or two if a suitable club came along…)

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              maverick1973
                              Participant

Arry and Sam are available, Foxes should go for one of them!I can see Ancelotti ending up in China!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Oz Yob
                                Participant

I certainly donโ€™t feel sorry for Klopp, he has to shoulder a lot of the blame IMO. From thInking he can coach absolute shocking players to become good, to persisting with his 1 & only style of play despite teams obviously figuring out how to nullify us. Klopp is struggling big time with how competitive the EPL really is & with his gengenpressing not working he canโ€™t figure out what to do.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Chucky McChuckface
                                  Participant

I think there’s a lot of truth in what Yob says above. With the best will in the world, the German league is nowhere near as competitive as the Prem. In Germany, if you finish above Munich, your name is pretty much on the trophy, not quite the case here (mainly because Munich don’t play in the Prem! LOL). And that’s before you consider the considerably higher percentage of team in the Prem that are going to kick you Harris if you’re not on top of your game.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

Oz, I would be far more worried were I a Liverpool fan that after inheriting a shaky defence from Rodgers (Goalkeeper across the whole back four) following his appointment over two years ago Klopp has made no progress whatsoever in dealing with Liverpool’s problematical defence and is still playing three of the five players he inherited in that shaky defence two years on.

In a lot of club’s Klopp might well have already been sacked or at the very least drinking in the last chance saloon.

Klopp has a great personality,he comes across well to the media and he’s probably most opposition fans favourite Manager but as good as he is in developing a teams offensive play he’s been an awful Coach defensively whether he can overcome that flaw now more than two years into his tenure is a massive question mark.

This summer Klopp spent circa ยฃ75m on two more offensive players and ยฃ8m on a defender who like Moreno is much better going forwards than defending.

Personally I think Klopp has been very fortunate that questions haven’t been asked of him until now and he is still seemingly under limited to no pressure from the Liverpool owners.

Under Fenway he probably has two more transfer windows and next season to try and sort it out his best signing might be a quality defensive Coach to work alongside him but I’m not sure his ego will allow that to happen. Signing better defenders will help but if Coaching the defensive side of the game is poor and it must be for Liverpool to keep make the same defensive mistakes week in week out then signing better quality defenders although a step in the right direction is unlikely to fully solve the problem.

I like Klopp and when Liverpool are on their game offensively they are a joy to watch but it’s difficult to feel to sorry for Klopp given that he will earn more in a year than most of us will earn in a lifetime and when the problems were all solveable with the right coaching organisation and focus.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Big Jim
                                      Participant

Have to echo nines comments above. Couldn’t have put it better myself.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Oz Yob
                                        Participant

Spot on 9, I dunno if Klopp thought if he strengthened us into a potent attacking force itโ€™d nullify our D but that philosophy wonโ€™t work on the EPL. Heโ€™s gone about it all arse about, adding flair players without giving the team a spine or any balance. We havenโ€™t even got a bloody striker to finish all the flair going forward ffs.
                                          Klopp is charismatic & funny but that wonโ€™t win jack shit. I think his charisma makes people want him to succeed & heโ€™s not getting scrutinised as much as others would as a result but IMO we havenโ€™t improved much at all & are a terribly unbalanced team that is going nowhere fast.
                                          Iโ€™d love to see him succeed but I canโ€™t see it happening, his style of play is not suited to the EPL.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          maverick1973
                                          Participant

People like Mignolet,Lovren and Moreno should not be playing for a top-team vying for major trophies!.Just like Arsenal with the likes of Cech,Monreal,Per,Cazorla and few more will never win major trophies.It is shocking that with so much money in the EPL,the above mentioned players are still earning millions of ยฃยฃยฃ a year!.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 46 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.