Home Community General Football Josh Kroenke

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    steveosnakeeye
    Participant

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49401513

i know im the only gooner, but a very interesting article and maybe have some bearing on other clubs (united) about what we are doing that others seem not to be?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      maverick1973
      Participant

D.Ceballos-classy player!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
        steveosnakeeye
        Participant

shame its only for a year but who knows maybe RM will have so many Cm’s they will let us buy him, very good player

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

Good article Steve , am I the only one who has Arsenal finishing in a CL place ??

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Chucky McChuckface
            Participant

Bricky, I had them and still have then down as fav’s for 4th!!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
              steveosnakeeye
              Participant

TBA, i think you might be! We shouyld improve form last year though and maybe top 4 isnt out of our reach this year, but it wont be easy and as ever defence is the main issue….but whatever happens this season it at least FEELS like the club are now making the right decisions, with staff and strategy to achieve things where as before i was very unconvinced…..and next year we will have our young CB too and who knows who else identified…Luiz will help for sure tho and we may get an extra 6-10 points over last year…

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Luckydestiny
                Participant

I dont think arsenals summer was that much better than utd’s stevo, but I do think it was a very good window for you. Tierney and pepe are fantastic signings, what worries me as chelsea fan is prospect of arsenal qualifying CL then having an even better summer next year. Think its worried lamps too which is why we have deployed agent luiz ๐Ÿ™‚ if only we could have got agent bakayoko to utd too..

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  steveosnakeeye
                  Participant

i think its much better than uniteds given our financial constraints compareed to united, but its also the fact we have made real solid changes with personel behind the scences and have a real “plan” in polace to achive things, we have done great business for naff all net spend even more so with the extra we are getting for 2 youth playerts when they are sold on by current clubs and we might yet get rid of both Oz and Mustafi, that will clear huge wages and then open the path for January/Next summer for more quality additions, cant wait to see Tierny play and fully fit….onwards and upwards, joint top and 100% record in the pL only one other team can say that ๐Ÿ˜‰

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

Definitely a good window for Arsenal Stevo considering what you had to spend but I’m still not sure you’ve fixed the defence Luiz is great with the ball at his feet by goes to sleep defensively and Tierney is primarily an attacking full back.

Saturday will be interesting but offensively Arsenal look great.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Luckydestiny
                      Participant

duplicate

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Luckydestiny.
                        • This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Luckydestiny.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Luckydestiny
                        Participant

well from a stragic POV and considering constraints I can see what you are getting at, but if you only consider how much each team strengthed on the field its not a massive difference imo. To be fair all utd’s buys have been long term and they are trying to offload their over paid dead wood too. To paraphrase chris rock “those gunners expect credit for shit they supposed to do! ๐Ÿ™‚

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          steveosnakeeye
                          Participant

thats tue Lucky but the point is for too many years we were not doing what we were supposed to do, then off the back of Baku we were told we had ยฃ40m to spend and our ambitions for the window were set accordingly, you say we are not stronger but i would disagree, we have not soreted every position and i woudl have preferred a beast of a CB and Luiz has mistakes in him, but he has a winning mentality, can play a pass and get stuck in as well as play Cm and Cb, so for ยฃ8m…take it all day long, young CB next year to come in and a LB….youngsters coming in and all doing very well IMHO, not getting the plaudits of the Chelsea youth but IMHO have been better so far…..

its not just about this window though it was a pleasant surprise its about the vision for the clubm, the fact we now seem to actually have a vision and how we want to go about achieving that.

the guys we have brought in like Edu and Ljundberg and the new players and youth all seem to point to a real change in ethos, but still a ways to go, but we seem to have a less scatter gun approach than the likes of united…..

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            steveosnakeeye
                            Participant

999 im worried about saturday right enough but few teams will not be worried going to anfield, but we inparticular have been awful and conceded many goals, we might lose in fact lets be honest SHOULS lose against the current CL and SC winners but if we can give them a real game, scare them and keep the score down and compete rather than impolde i will be happy! any point or more would be a dream coe true at this point

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Luckydestiny
                              Participant

I didnt say you guys havent strengthened stevo, you most certainly have, but not massively more than utd have.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Mikus LFC
                                Participant

You probably saw on our TT site Steveo that a question was posed – if we had lost the CL final, would we have bought more players this summer? I think undoubtedly the win put us on a different footing in our approach and itโ€™s hard to have seen us not spending more had we lost the final. And indeed you see from the article above the loss for Arsenal in the final very much woke them up and somewhat forced them to act, so you have two opposite situations and the subsequent differences in the approaches for Arsenal and Liverpool. Weโ€™ll see how they pan out.

Only thing Iโ€™d say for Arsenal – as good as some of their business looks, Iโ€™ve just had a quick look at your squad profile and how long theyโ€™ve generally been at the club. Bar ร–zil (who may leave soon), Bellerin and Monreal most of the squad have only been at Arsenal for about 2 years. Whereas at Liverpool itโ€™s that bit more because Klopp has been building it up and binding it together now for 4 years. And that would be my only concern this season for you, youโ€™ve just got to play the waiting game now – hold on to some of these players and get them really bedded in at the club. The best teams tend to be the most cohesive ones, hence your poor form away from home last season when you needed more senior long standing members to take charge, and you didnโ€™t really have many. Your having a honeymoon period now, but your away form this season will certainly be one key area to watch for as the season develops.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Luckydestiny
                                  Participant

ps stevo I personally believe luiz for 8m is one of the best deals of the summer

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    steveosnakeeye
                                    Participant

Mikus, i have indeed seen that thread

my views are for you guys, winning or losing shouldnt have made a difference, you can always improve even if it was just one player, i think you have wrongly sat on your laurels this year and will regret it long term, to go so close and stay the same is a risk, you wont collapse but within a year or two players will be older and mnore tired and more worked out, always ood to refresh and change when a special player comes along.

hearing you didnt have much money available? how come, prize and TV money let alone sponsors must surely make you cash rich especially as we have heard so much about your real spend not being so high due to the sale of Coutino

as for how long players have been at a club, thats a double edged sword, for us its a good thing as we have been mentaly weak, so having new players who arent comfortable at the club (deadowwd) that pick up wages or steal a living is a good thing, for a team at the top winning regularly and with a good mentality then the opposite is true

hopefully for us its a chance to build a team, squad and mentality for the future …..

as things stand currently whats your view on Saturdays game? IM still crapping myself but ever so slighlty less than previous years!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Mikus LFC
                                      Participant

Can understand that Steveo with regards to new players freshening things up, though weโ€™ll see how quickly Emery can instil that mentality into the team. He obviously did it at Sevilla, though how much of that was down to him and what he already had at the club Iโ€™m not sure. Iโ€™d still like to see more players coming through at all the academies. If thereโ€™s one image that stood out for me with Arsenal over recent decades, it was Jack Wilshere looking like the only one who cared in many games, raising his arms in frustration and trying to get players fired up. Arsenal just need more of that for me. As for Liverpool, weโ€™ll see. For Klopp, itโ€™s very much a case if less is more which to be fair is what heโ€™s built a lot of his success on, though one does worry if heโ€™s been a touch naive this summer. Time will tell. Obviously if Ox and Keita stay fit and deliver, those are effectively two new signings, though given their injury records, thatโ€™s a potential worry.

As for the game this week, if we keep up with this high line to play the offside trap itโ€™s going to be a case of watching behind the curtains for me – VAR may well be adopted a few times. I do wonder if Klopp will adapt a bit more given Arsenalโ€™s strengths. At the moment Iโ€™d probably say draw given where both teams are at.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Mikus LFC.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        steveosnakeeye
                                        Participant

think it will be attack v attack but yours is the better more settled attack with a more solid base throuyght the team defensivly, tho you can see the high line is an issue….but you still feel every attack form anyone let alone the front 3 you have will lead to a goal against us…..

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          steveosnakeeye
                                          Participant

weird, your post dissapeared as i replied to you Mikus?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 99 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.