Home Community General Football January transfer window

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 168 total)
  • Author
    maverick1973
    Participant

I have no idea if there is one thread already,cant be Arsenal-ed to shift through the pages,so starting a new one.
      Minamino done for a silly Β£7.25m,hopefully Jose will buy Matic and a couple more “geriatrics” from us[go on Jose,you want to].
      A bit worried about the rumoured Β£76m bid for Haaland,from United.Too much an outlay for a one-season wonder[so far].Hope we stray away from the likes of PEA,Mandzukic and Rice,too.T.Werner and K.Havertz would be excellent additions for any team right now,not just United,but cant see Sancho move midseason.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by maverick1973.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      threeps
      Participant

Isn’t Haaland’s agent Raiola, same as Pogba? I can only see Haaland moving to Utd if Raiola has made them agree to a mega transfer away for Pogba so he gets his millions.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

The alleged Β£12m Agents fee to Raiola for the Haaland transfer if accurate should do the trick though.?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Adlab
          Participant

Β£12m fee is obscene. Agents are a blot on the game.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            maverick1973
            Participant

3ps-Raiola is indeed his agent,hope he takes the Instagramvirus and fooks off to Real Madrid where they all belong

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

“Under 17 international Bryan Fiabema will join Chelsea’s youth teams in January once the window opens and our ban expires, following a successful trial in the last couple of months.

He’s already made his senior debut in men’s football with Tromso, and will now drop down to academy football again with our development squad, according to this report today on Goal.com.

He will hope that the fact he’s already played senior football will stand him in good stead when it comes to trying to fast-track his way back into first team action again. Certainly that will be more difficult at Chelsea than at Tromso – but with Frank Lampard in charge, everyone can feel they have a chance.”

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                srd79
                Participant

PSG ruined the market with the transfer of Neymar. Now we live with the consequences. One of them is a young giu like Haaland being rumoured sold for an obscene amount of money. And it’s a case of damned if you do, damned if you don’t IMO. He could be a one season wonder or turn out to be bang average in a league like the PL and then the money is wasted if you cave in a fork out the millions. So I can see where Mav is coming from. But what if he turns out to be the real deal and we didn’t spend?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Shiney
                  Participant

Spurs badly need 2 FB’s and a quality holding MF but don’t see anything happening in January, save your money Jose

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    maverick1973
                    Participant

Baconmuncher-Much rather spend the Β£30m on Timo Werner,but its Raiola that I have probs with.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

So many rumours surrounding Chelsea and the January transfer market.

I do believe the Club is looking to be active if possible in January but it’s such a difficult window to deal in.

I won’t believe any of the rumours until I read confirmation of any signing on the Club site.?

A successful January window though might give Chelsea the chance of staying in the top 4 .

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Brian blue
                        Participant

srd79….the extra sad part of what you say is the agent concerned would get about Β£12 million. I wonder when the football clubs will wake up and do something about agents fees

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

Brian, imo FIFA and UEFA need to do something about Agents fees they could start with getting the players to take responsibility for paying their Agents not the Club’s. Cheers 9’s

ps if you’ve got Sky “The Keeper” is available on catch up moving film of Big Bert. I enjoyed it.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            srd79
                            Participant

Brian, agreed! Agent fees are pure madness.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Brian blue
                              Participant

Nine…I have not seen it yet but I will. Had a lot of local fans who ask me who was the better keeper Swift or Trautman….for me Trautman was technically the better keeper but Swift was the keeper forwards knew they had to beat and was a great showman as well as a great keeper. As a young lad I remember getting his autograph, more than once, and he shook my hand…..it was like my hand was engulfed in a huge pillow, big but gentle. I have still not seen a keeper that was better in all round performance Ederson may get close one day

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

I love reading your reminisces of so many of the all time greats Brian. Be great to hear how you think Colin Bell would fit into the current City team and what he would have bought to it.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  maverick1973
                                  Participant

https://www.eurosport.de/fussball/bundesliga/2019-2020/bvb-borussia-dortmund-verpflichtet-erling-braut-haaland_sto7590972/story.shtml

Thank God we stayed away from him,to us it was Β£76m and Β£12m for that virus Raiola.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Editor
                                    Keymaster

Yeah looks like we refused to negotiate some weird sell on clause for the agent. Dodged a real bullet there regardless of how good the player turns out to be.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      sean the sailor
                                      Participant

76m for him?

Really

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        nine nine nine

Β£76m?

According to BBC Football Haalands fee was less than Β£20m

“Borussia Dortmund have signed highly rated striker Erling Braut Haaland from Red Bull Salzburg after meeting his 20m euro (Β£17.1m) buyout clause.”

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          nine nine nine

……”Yeah looks like we refused to negotiate some weird sell on clause for the agent.”

Seemingly Ed that was the real reason United backed off FIFA have to do something about these Agents.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 168 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.