Home Community General Football Gameweek 23 – Weekend Football

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

SATURDAY

Everton 12:30 Tottenham Hotspur
      Brighton & Hove Albion 15:00 Crystal Palace
      Burnley 15:00 Fulham
      Newcastle United 15:00 Luton Town
      Sheffield United 17:30 Aston Villa

SUNDAY

AFC Bournemouth 14:00 Nottingham Forest
      Chelsea 14:00 Wolverhampton Wanderers
      Manchester United 14:00 West Ham United
      Arsenal 16:30 Liverpool

MONDAY

Brentford 20:00 Manchester City

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

Going to be stuck in a car driving to the other side of Finland for our game… have to watch it later (if we win of course, have a feeling it’s going to be a bit of a banana skin!)….

Only other game to put some fizz in my beanz is the 6-pointer on Sunday… pressure on the Goonies I think, lose that and they might end up too far behind the 115 by Tuesday… mind you, certainly a game neither team will want to lose… but I think the “Goodbye” Tour Team have a little more wiggle room if they do!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

Yeah, I take a draw now Chucks. There’s individuals out there on Social Media talking about us on who we should select for what games, whether Trent should play in Midfield etc, etc, etc.

Away from home is a different animal and the cup game was a cup game. We have to Respect Arsenal and first of all try and maintain a clean sheet, possession and tempo for the first 20 mins. Be a tough game. The goal difference we have is the ‘extra point’ in our favour, but that can all change within a few games, so let’s wait and see.

Toffee’s tough trip Chucks. You need to get your noses in front I would say in that one and hold on to the momentum to come away with all 3 points.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

As Brentford showed on Wednesday (and the Todgers last year!), employ the dark arts and go “Stoke” on us, we tend to get a bit fiesty back and forgot our own game plan… and fully expect a team set up by Dyche to follow that pattern… we could win 5-0 and just as easily lose 4-3…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            sean the sailor
            Participant

If we want to challenge city, we need to win

Cant see that happening without nunez and salah

Arsenal 2-1

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

Sean, not sure on the sentiment of your comment. Nunez didn’t score during the last match and we scored 4 in the last game and won. After Salah jetted off, Liverpool won their league games in Jan. You seem to conclude to defeat mate every time we have a league match against big opposition.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                CM
                Participant

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Makaveli
                  Blocked

I think Nunez is fit to play, Sean. Nil, we have yet to beat tough opposition this season I think? I mean Chelsea are traditionally one of the big 6 but they currently resemble a big sh*t, so they don’t count.

I disagree with Sean though. This game is as winnable as any other. We just have to hope the lads are on form and that the ref/VAR don’t feel like not giving us obvious penalties etc etc.

I’m predicting a win for the Goodbye tour 😛 Nice one there Chucky, as was the 115 😛 Before this day is done, we’ll be making jokes about a route.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

Chucks, it’s looking good so far. Been out and about and just got in. Richarlison of all players! 😀

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

Mak, I think compared to the 1-1 draw back in December, we have grown to be more resolute in defense. It’s a leap in the right direction for us in the space of 2 months.

January was Top Draw considering the number of matches we played. Konate has been outstanding and I would credit Gomez as well just knuckling down and getting on with it. The guys have stepped up so a draw tomorrow is at least something I’d hope for against a quality side like Arsenal.

I personally wouldn’t expect us to lose even though we’re away from home.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        sean the sailor
                        Participant

Good game this. Enjoy watching sours but they really do give you a chance the way they play

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Nike19
                          Participant

Respect for Seamus Coleman. One of the best pros on the circuit.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

Thought there would be an Everton equalizer.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Nike19
                              Participant

Bradley cant play and will be on bereavement leave. His father I’m led to believe has sadly passed away.😢🙏🏻

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Nike19
                                Participant

4-4 is just a brilliant ad for the PL. Hope Luton stay up.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Nike19
                                  Participant

What a game so far at Bramall Lane. Villa have just Punished Sheff United. 3-0 and some United fans have already headed for the Exit.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Chucky McChuckface
                                    Participant

Still sulking about the 2 dropped points yesterday… and then along come Wolves… not that bad after all!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Adlab
                                      Participant

Will Poch survive? Chelsea are very poor. Easy one for United.
                                        Q? What result Liverpool v Arsenal is best for us?

Back to Chelsea. There fans must be asking questions.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Nike19
                                        Participant

Interesting line ups. Saka the danger man to watch

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Chucky McChuckface
                                          Participant

Goonie win would give us a 3 horse race (for a more weeks at least)… Goonie lose and I think its’ goodnight Vienna for their tittie chances…

Personally, 6-6 with an extra 42 minutes due to VAR nonsense and 7 red-cards would suit me!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 82 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.