Home Community General Football Footy Debate End of Season Awards 2019/2020

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

So, a season that can only be described as rather bizarre due to circumstances outside the game, draws to a close so it’s time for the End of Season Awards. I’ll chuck up a couple of categories with my own nominations, everybody else can chuck in their own, and hopefully, somebody with too much time on their hands can add them all up in a few days and see who won what!!!

Team of the Year: LiVARberoOol’s… obviously… not a lot to debate here!
      Manager of the Year: Chris Wilder, for a team that was everybody’s favourites to go straight back down, I think challenging for Euro Spots with a couple of games to go exceeded anybody’s expectations!!
      Player of the Year: Tough one for me to choose, I only really watch Spud games on a regular basis (Lo Cecil btw!), but a toss-up between Mane and KDB for me, with KDB just edging it.
      Biggest Disappointment of the Year: Sorry, Poncho, but what the hell happened??
      Goal of the Year: Sonny’s 80-yard run and cool finish against Burnley, certainly the highlight of the year for a Spud Fan!

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      sean the sailor
      Participant

No bias but I’d give to klopp as our 1st league in 30 years. He’s done an absolutely remarkable job in 5 years. He was given time which hardly any managers get.

He brought anfield back to life. It’s no exaggeration to say he has brought this club back to life and is up there with paisley , shanks etc. Whoever got us the league after so long was always going to go down in Liverpool folklore.

He’s turned average/good players into world class players.

He’s just brought back pure happiness and I love the man.

That’s my last comment on liveroool for a while. I’ve just really enjoyed lifting the cup more then I ever thought. I was so concerned as there were no fans there but it really was a great moment

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        sean the sailor
        Participant

So into other awards

Chris wilder has done an unreal job. I’d never seen an over lapping 3rd centre backs until I watched sheff Utd a few years ago. They have been excellent and what a job he has done

Lampard has done very well. The young players started so well but had a blip like all young players will. Some of the most exiting games have involved Chelsea and I love watching Pulisic

Beat goal zaha v Chelsea

Young player of the year – greenwood or taa

Greenwood is going to be some player

Biggest disappointment- Bournemouth and Eddie Howe. So much money spent on average players

Leicester aswell as 3rd should be wrapped up

Special mention-Glad Newcastle stayed up. I like Bruce. He’s done a very good job there

One to wYch next season- jose. I’ve totally written him off but spurs have done very well since the restart

Trans I don’t like watching – burnley and watford are a farce as the just keep saying managers

Players I’ve really enjoyed watching this season

Pulsic
          Greenwood
          Rashford
          Martial
          Ferndes
          Kdb
          Silva
          Augero
          Taa
          Mane
          Bobby f
          Vvd
          Robertson
          Son
          Aumgyang
          Grealish
          Vardy
          Ings

Bizarre season but I’m just glad we got to complete

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

Thing is Waspy, Kloop has basically got his team to do exactly the same as last season, not exactly exceeding expectations, and certainly not exceeding expectations as Mr. Wilder has! Kloop has done a great job, obviously, but we’re looking at a team that went from 2nd to 1st with pretty much the same points total, compared to a team that was reckoned to finish 20th, and was battling for a CL spot not that long ago…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Anonymous

My post failed and I can’t be arsed writing it out again. in short:

I’d give Klopp manager of the year. he won the PL in record time, with points tally of 99 being possible. It’s got to be him surely, or my bias is working over-time.

I’d include the category of Surprise Package, given to Sheffield Utd.

Player of the Year : Mane.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Anonymous

Chucky, isn’t it the mark of a great side to do the same back to back? the thing is, what makes it better is that we failed last season, making it much easier to give up and have a much poorer following season than it is to pick yourself back up and go again (Rodgers post-title challenge and sry but also Spurs this season). Not only that but we did do better this time (even if we get 96) and 97 points was a tough act to follow. We are going to end up with similar points but we got most of them much sooner. If we NEEDED more points, do you think we’d have lost and drawn all of those matches recently? I’m not saying we’d have won every match but we’d have done better. The title was won and we were out of the CL, so no need to stay at peak sharpness.

Anyway, I guess Lampard deserved some kind of mention. I don’t think many were saying they’d get a CL place and I know it’s not locked in but he’s done well to be here now. His team plays some good attacking football and much like Klopp during his first few years here, he’s got to sort that defence out and if he can manage it, Chelsea will be a serious force.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Brian blue
                Participant

Sean…the only difference I would make to your selection is

Manager. Sean Dyche…why…well he has done an exrodinary job over a number of seasons with little funding. Wilder has done a similar job, a really good one also but I just gave it to Dyche because he has been doing it longer and kept an unfashionable team in the EPL. I hope one day Burnley do become a top team along with Sheffield Utd

KDB.My player of the year

Lampard/Arteta up and coming Managers who want to play football

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

Specail K… yes and no, cyber chum… Kloop did this year what he did last year (more or less). He’s shown a level of consistency for sure, but did he finish 14 places further up the table than expected? No, he didn’t. That’s why I’d give it to Mr. Wilder.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

I often wonder if we didn’t have the Pandemic what our momentum would have been like.

We did have a bit of a wobble and we just managed a 2-1 over the line against Bournemouth. We broke away though with 20+ points (even at one point a 25 point lead).

Possibly the way we finished last season and winning the Champions League were the Catalyst to our success this year. I have to say I feel slightly empty because with everything going on in the World and the Team not being able to Celebrate lifting the Trophy with actual people in the Stadium. That’s perhaps another talking point for another Thread, but I can’t believe 12 months on and we’ve finally ended our 30 wait.

The award would be for JK.

Been very impressed with Sheff United and Wolves and also Southampton in the way they turned their season around after that drubbing against Leicester.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

Domestic season doesn’t end until next Saturday.?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        maverick1973
                        Participant

Team of the season:Liverpool
                          Manager:Klopp
                          Player:Mane vs Auba
                          Flop:Kepa vs Maguire
                          Talent of the year: Saka
                          Fan:HH

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Anonymous

Chucky, I get you I just thought I’d offer some argument to it. We all have different parameters for what is a very non-specific award. I think that even if I weren’t Liverpool fan that I’d say Klopp but who knows, maybe I’d go for one of the “underdogs”, or the more romantic choices.

Oh Flop of the Year, damn ya we gotta have that. I don’t need more than a second to say that my choice is Kepa.

Talent of the year : Trent. He isn’t a world class defender but he is now a top class defender. The thing is, he’s actually a world class or bordering on it, player in general. he gets more assists from RB than most creative mids or forwards get because his technique is on another level. His delivery was recently compared to beckhams by someone on here and you’d have to say that he’s in that conversation, although it’s gonna be another few years before he is quite there, if he ever gets to that level (Beckham was incredible).

Fan of the year : Sean / Mikus. Klopp asked for one thing from Liverpool fans and that was that we turn from doubters to believers. Sean epitomizes what Klopp set his mind to, from the very start. Mikus tend to say what I’m thinking but in a better way than me.

Every other fan on here is absolutely terrible πŸ˜› jk

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Anonymous

wrong thread sry

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Chucky McChuckface
                              Participant

No worries Special K, and it’s not so much the underdog, it’s simply no other manager has overachieved to the level Mr. Wilder has in my humble opinion.

As for poster of the year, Goosey Lucy… stand up bloke who works wonders in difficult circumstances, which overlooks his rubbish posts and idiotic choice of football clubs.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Anonymous

Ah ya, I had underdogs in quotes cause it wasn’t exactly a great fit. what you’ve said is it though, it’s impossible for Klopp to over-achieve after last season but he’s gone that one step forward and the difference to Liverpool fans is huge I guess. We’ve been nearlymen before and now, Klopp is suddenly a club Legend, even if he left tomorrow.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Nike19
                                  Participant

On the subject of Fan Of The Season: Everyone Subscribed to Here. Simple.

Small Community with Different Sets Of Supporters and The Wear and Tear of Disagreements and Strong Opinions.

Above All Though, a Unique Understanding Respect Helpfulness And Camaraderie.

In this Pandemic, at the very least, We Stay Together πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    sean the sailor
                                    Participant

Thanks mak mate!

Klopp turned me from a doubter to a believer bigtime

I was so so negative but He changed my mindset bigtine

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Mikus LFC
                                      Participant

Thanks Mak. It’s a pleasure posting with you all.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Mikus LFC
                                        Participant

As regards disappointment of the season or rather disgrace of the season, probably worth mentioning the Watford owners. 4 different managers this season – and they sack Pearson with two games to go? What an utter shambles. How could they ever hope to gain any kind of consistency or harmony under such conditions? Though what has allegedly happened at Wigan also outrageous.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Anonymous

Disappointment of the season – non-PL edition is Birmingham, retiring the number 22 shirt.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 42 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.