Share this page

Home Community General Football Liverpool this season Reply To: Liverpool this season

Anonymous

Hey hightown!

It’s hard to say what Liverpool might do this season. if we can get Van Dijk and hold onto Coutinho we might be able to mount a challenge. If we can keep Coutinho but not sign Van Dijk or a quality CB, then we’ll suffer with only the 4 and could fail to qualify for the CL next season.

it’s funny how much difference that one signing could do for us but between Matip and Lovren, there will be about a half a season worth of PL starts due to injuries for another CB and if that falls to Klavan and Gomez then we’re going to be compounding some problems that we’re already having.

Of course losing Coutinho would be devastating also but I feel that we’re in more control there as it’s late on in the window and Coutinho seems like a decent professional. If he really wanted to go he’d have got the ball rolling a lot sooner than now.

So, I’m going to pretend that we get van Dijk or some other decent CB and also keep Coutinho. I don’t like to predict before a ball has been kicked but Salah looks fantastic and with the improvements in attack, Klopp was also seemingly improving things at the back as last season went on so, I’m predicting that we will get at least 4th again. If we can get past Hoffenheim and into the Cl propper then I think that we could go far in it, since Klopp’s Liverpool seems to do well against teams whoa re trying to outplay you. . and that’s what we’re more likely to face, as we’ll get a tough group.

First post out of the way!

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner