Home Community Liverpool What would be a successful season?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Just focusing on our remaining 11 League games and The Champions League.

For me something to feel happy about and a measure of success compared to last season would be:

1) To finish 2/3

2) Just give it everything as far as the Champions League goes and would love us to at least reach the Semi-Final. It would place more games on our fixture calendar and I believe we are equip enough to manage 2 games, plus something to look forward to and a new wealth of experience for our players.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

Top 4 finish.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

Better than that.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

We really need the thoughts of Liverpool Supporters alone, that cannot be stressed enough.

Many Thanks.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Pagan
            Participant

Successful season would be you with a smile come May NB…. Pagan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Hightown hope

2nd place and the last 8 of the Champions League

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

Pagan, that would be.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

Nil, “What would be a good season” came across as an open question to all and from a Chelsea perspective 4th place would be a very good achievement right now.

There really was no need for the “we really need the thoughts of Liverpool supporters alone that cannot be stressed enough”

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Anonymous

999 – you were obviously mistaken. You thought you went to footydebate.com but you actually went to http://www.onlyliverpoolscanhaveanopinion.com which redirects to http://www.nilsforum.putthedrinkdown

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

Haha, I might have known and all the distasteful nasty and personal even now written about me.

Wonderful.

Not sure what I’ve actually done here.

Thanking you good people.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

Nine, I’m really asking in essence the community of fellow Liverpool supporters which is why the thread is posted in it’s Zone. Honestly, just can’t see why other club members can’t see that. Please just skip past.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

Nil, I just log in to Community mate and I don’t take any notice of zones which is why I responded to the question from a Chelsea perspective perhaps my original response should have been clearer that I was talking from a Chelsea viewpoint.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Anonymous

Nil, it’s such a shame because for once you’ve created a good thread, with a good question.

“We really need the thoughts of Liverpool Supporters alone, that cannot be stressed enough.

Many Thanks.”

…..

“Haha, I might have known and all the distasteful nasty and personal even now written about me.”

The previous quote is why people might talk about you, so yes you “should” have known. You needlessly started more drama and then stand back in shock that people have responded. The thing is the only distasteful thing said was by yourself.

We all have our problem nights, so to speak but you’re just going at it all the time. I’m out of advice for you.
                              ______________________________________________________________________________________

As for the actual question, it’s a decent one to ponder a bit. It’s important that we keep moving forward so as good a safe spot that 4th would be, I think we have to do better to call it a successful season. I hate trying to call where we’ll finish because the top 5 is just so tough right now but luckily enough it’s not so much the top 6 that we had before, currently anyway.

So 2nd or 3rd in the PL would be a success there but I think it’s also really important to do well in the Champions League. I know this is our first time back in it (properly) for a while but I wouldn’t consider just getting out of the group stage to be a “success”. We’re in it to win it, certainly in the fans minds so I’d want us to at least make the next round. There are some teams in it who are considered to be quite a bit better than us but I think we’ve a slim to reasonable chance of going all the way.

So I’ll say that a success would be to reach the next round and if we come up against one of the massive clubs out there, to give a good account for ourselves at least. If we were to get battered out of the CL in the quarters, that wouldn’t be a success for me.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              nine nine nine

Mak, I think Liverpool will make 3rd place at least and will get past Porto in the CL then it depends on who Liverpool draw.

From the Qtr Finals stage there will be some tough teams left in it. But on their day providing the defence stays strong Liverpool are capable of beating anyone and the current team is a much better team than the one who won it in 2005 so you just never know.

From a Chelsea perspective not getting tonked by Barca is paramount and I can’t see any further than that for us in the CL but I do think it’s important to our season that we give a decent account of ourselves from a confidence viewpoint.

4th place for Chelsea would be a real achievement now from what has been a real car wreck of a season but to do that we will probably need to take 5 or 6 points from City and United away and Spurs at home and then have a decent run in and I wouldn’t even put your money on that happening currently.? Cheers 999

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                srd79
                                Participant

If Chelsea win their game in hand they’ll be on 53 points and then only four points will seperate second from fifth spot. City unfortunately is long gone, but the other top spots are up for grabs. So a good season right now for both Manchester United, Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea would be to get into the top four. It’s that close.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  maverick1973
                                  Participant

Nil-You know I love you mate,right?Lol.Even 2nd is up for grabs mate with Liverpool only 2 pnts behind United.Only the title is gone,the rest are all open!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Brian blue
                                    Participant

Mine would be
                                      1, Winning Premier League
                                      Everything else a bonus but I would like a Cup plus getting to the Final of CL

Simple as that!!!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Anonymous

i’d go for top 4 finish, chaps league 1/4 finals and fa cup final. preferably we would win the treble.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        paul powers tash
                                        Participant

I’d go for top 4 finish.League cup.Champs league final and FA cup final.
                                          Preferably we win the quadruple 😉

Nah realistically two of the above will do just fine.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Chucky McChuckface
                                          Participant

I remember the decades where I would have answered this with a very simple “not to be relegated”… 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.