Home Community General Football Weekend Football: Round 8… chop, chop!!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 253 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

Shit on a stick do I hope we beat the Bone Saw Boyz on Sunday…

No huge stand out games for me, possibly the pick of the bunch if Foxy Ladies vs YooUtd and maybe a Monday Night dust-up in the Goonies vs the Budgies… pretty straight forward for all the big-dogs I would think.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      sean the sailor
      Participant

Liverpool fans are worried about a new manager bounce at Watford but we have to be winning there. We be missing w host of players by the looks of it

Why pay an international game on the Friday before the weekebd? Ridiculous

FairPlay to courtouis abd his comments at the weekend. Taking the piss big time with meaningless friendlies

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        sean the sailor
        Participant

At James park be bouncing on Sunday. They need points bigtime

They need a proper manager to come in. Not the likes of Lampard, Gerrard or Howe

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

There was a great article about that in one of the rags yesterday, suggesting whoever the first manager is going to be, they’ll be a fall guy regardless…

They’re never going to get a top, top draw manager right now… it will just be to start the re-build… bet a Mars Bar now whoever accepts the blood money won’t be there come the end of next season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            sean the sailor
            Participant

If they got someone like conte, it be massive. He be a huge coup. He’s not one for building a team but gets results right away. Fantastic manager.

Get him before utd do πŸ˜‚. Utd fan mate of mine say they don’t want him cause of his style of play but they have no style of play now??

He’s an elite manager and would take no Bollix from no one. He be probs short term
              Aswell as he falls out with everyone but he nearly gaurentess results and trophies as long as he has money

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

Conte would be ideal for Newcastle Sean but I don’t think he’ll go there imo he’s waiting for a bigger fish and he won’t want to build something from scratch. Conte to United would be scary though.😊

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Mightymoos
                Participant

Up you happy Toons, as the biggest pedigree club in the country may you be blessed with much success in this wonderful new venture for the club and great opportunities for your great city.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  steveosnakeeye
                  Participant

Ignoring moody β€œtries way to hard” post does anyone think anything will really change for Newcastle in the short term? What they need is to pick up points until January
                    Spuds aren’t great but I still expect a win even if it’s a boring win 😁

It would be the funniest thing if they got relegated before they had a real chance to do instigate their plan ahead of the summer

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    sean the sailor
                    Participant

Funny thing is everyone is expecting utd to fall apart now with the few injuries abd fixture list. The opposite usually happens. I can see them beating Leicester who haven’t been great at all.

Ole seems to get a decent run together when the pressure is on and I think they will come out if this run of games ok

Can’t see Chelsea conceding goals like we did againest Brentford

I actually think Newcastle will beat spurs. Crowd be well up for it and so will the players

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      steveosnakeeye
                      Participant

Well those players are very much playing for their careers now as most won’t be there in 2 years you’d feel

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

I think Newcastle will buy a couple of players in January and once they sort out who the Manager is going to be between now and the end of the season I think they’ll be ok.

Where they go from there is the interesting question they will sign better players from the Summer but I suspect not the very best living in and around Newcastle and no European football let alone no CL football won’t be attractive to players and will hamper them at least initially imo.

It’s going to take them 2/3 seasons to compete for a CL place and even then it won’t be easy given the competition I think it will probably be a slow burn for Newcastle.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          steveosnakeeye
                          Participant

I’d say nearer 10 years myself 999
                            Few marquee signings along the way but too many hurdles to just go from nothing to everything and the north east isn’t the top location for players tho the actual countryside and coast is amazing!

Still Middlesbrough got a few Brazilians to join so you never know 😁

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            mancunian_mike
                            Participant

Agree with the points on it probably taking Newcastle a few years to get up the table but it’ll be a far better atmosphere for the Geordie fans and they’ll have far more optimism going into every season from now on. Best of luck to them. It’ll only make the league stronger and more competitive too.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Brian blue
                              Participant

We need Newcastle in the mix asap, however they do it. A lot depends on the Managerial choice and the funds he has, plus, will he have any say on who comes /goes? Between now and Christmas is a vital time for them, therefore, a lot of planning and action needs to be happening in this period.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

January will offer limited opportunities to Newcastle in the transfer market. The Summer window will offer Newcastle better opportunities but even then I doubt they will be shopping at Harrods but more likely M&S lack of CL football and the rigours of living in Newcastle with its climate will at least initially hold a lot of players back.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Nike19
                                  Participant

Nine, all True mate.

I spoke to one of my Managers at work who’s a Newcastle fan and he’s not expecting any big so soon. He cited at the point of when they played Barcelona in the CL many years ago. Essentially, he alluded to just being able to compete on the field with the big boys and for now at the very least, hold participation in the domestic cups.

Cheers

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    sean the sailor
                                    Participant

They need to stay in the league this season. That’s the biggest thing

I can see money being spent in jan but no idea who they can attract

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Mightymoos
                                      Participant

One day my entrouge will coach Newcastle and we will win the EPL and CL. Mark my words.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Nike19
                                        Participant

Do you know, this really felt like a long break since the Man City game back on the 4th. 11-12 days since and Finally, it’s back.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Nike19
                                          Participant

And some good games too πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 253 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.