Home Community General Football Weekend Football Matchday 8

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 350 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Spurs will start the ball rolling with the Lunch-time game at the Amex and it’s likely they’ll be feeling the pressure.

They need to need win and hopefully for them, they can come away with a good performance and all 3 points otherwise, the Spotlight will be on Mo-Po.

Potentially, one of our hardest games at we face Leicester. This could be where we finally drop points if a well-drilled Foxes turn up. First return too for Brendan Rodgers since his departure back in 2015.

An action-packed Sunday lies ahead with Chelsea at St Marys, the Gunners at home to Bournemouth, Manchester City entertaining Wolves and Manchester United away to Steve Bruce’s Newcastle.

I expect the unexpected to happen this week, most definitely!

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

Reckon the Leicester game is the pick of the bunch for the weekend, two teams who are exceptionally good on the counter, could be a real end-to-end game and great for the neutrals. Can Leicester do it? Maybe, they’ve certainly got a better chance than most I reckon but still feel they’ll fall short. Away loss I reckon!!

As for the rest, a nervy trip down to the coast, the Spuds have the talent to bet the Seagulls for sure, but right now it seems to be the bit between their ears (or the bit between Jan the MAN’S legs) that’s causing all the trouble. An early goal for the Gulls, and who bloody knows what will happen…

Bit of a London Derby Saturday Night, but the atmosphere at the Hammers ground will very likely kill any atmosphere and that will spread down to the field… my pick of the week for a 0-0 draw!!

Sunday is just wins for all the Big Dogs and a surprise defeat for the Cherries… πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        steveosnakeeye
        Participant

i see the mighty seaguls stealing the chips and splattering their mess all over the shirts of the spuds players turning tham back to a home kit as they are thrasehed 7-2 πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Chelsea.man
          Participant

Southampton away is a tricky match most think. and they need the points. so i wouldn’t say it will be a walk over. but after back to back wins in the league and CL ajd on top of that the league cup win. i think the confidence will be high for this match. i would start the same team that started against Brighton. only CHO for Barkley and i will move Mount to the no 10 position. that is where he is at his devastating best. Zouma out for Christensen. i hope we won’t face a banana skin.fingers crossed✌. i would also be backing Liverpool to beat Leicester. at this minute i see Leicester as a threat more than Liverpool.?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Anonymous

The most interesting game for me has to be the Liverpool Leicester one and not because I’m a Liverpool fan. I’m worried about this one. Liverpool’s high line against Leicesters counter attack will be the center of the affair. We’ll have to have our off-side game on point and any mistake with the line and Vardy will punish us. At the other end, maybe it’s time for Leicesters so far impressive defence to be tested, post-Maguire.

I think Liverpool haven’t been great lately and maybe we won’t see an end to this for some time but hopefully the game the other night will be some form of wake-up call that we’ve got to work a little harder and be a little quicker of mind in order to sustain our winning run. I have some interest int he City V Wolves game but is anyone expecting anything but a win for City? They have injuries but they also have the best squad in the game to handle these kinds of problems.

As for wake up calls, when are the Utd owners going to hear their alarm clocks? They’ve been going for years. I didn’t see their game last night but I heard they didn’t manage a single effort on goal. Isn’t it time to do something? How does Woodward still collect a salary? What are his meeting like with his superiors? He must be a world class bullshit artist because his decision making is some of the worst in the game.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              steveosnakeeye
              Participant

Mak, his meeting with superiors goes very well….

something like:

how much money have you spent and how much have you raked in?

spent little …raked in loads, stella profits

good man, keep up the good work

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Chucky McChuckface
                Participant

Say what you like about UnYooUtd, and I frequently do, but I don’t think you can claim they’ve “spent little”… spent it on dross, perhaps, but they’ve certainly spent!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Anonymous

Ya, they’ve spent way more than Liverpool, in order to be mid-table. That’s not going to go down well with any owners who actually don’t have their heads up their asses. I mean, maybe these lads are too busy living the life, burning their inheritances or making money hand over fist somewhere else, to the point that they just don’t care? They definitely are letting their club down in my opinion.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

You have to factor in Man-management too and Manager’s relationship with players. What was Sanchez all about for example? The moment the guy goes through a rough patch with injury, it seems Jose didn’t really want to know.

It’s Jose’s man-management. I don’t the guy and at least from that point of view, Ole’s got his players trying. Jose’s way out rather than spending time with somebody and being engaged with them is to head for a blank cheque.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      steveosnakeeye
                      Participant

im talking about this summer and NET figures πŸ˜‰ but its why woody still has a job they made Β£600+m

the ownerscouldnt care less how dross the team play as long as share price is OK and they make loads to take out of the club…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Chucky McChuckface
                        Participant

Come on Buffy, no need to prove how silly you are, pretty Maggie, W-B and the Whippet cost the best part of 140 million bottle tops… if that’s not spending in your part of the world, can you lend me a fiver?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

United’s problems in the transfer Market is their managerial revolving door since SAF’s departure all of them with different ideas on who should be signed and who should be retained no DOF and Woodward seemingly deeply involved in all the football decisions.

Sanchez is an interesting one he was brilliant at Arsenal lots of Clubs coveted him when United signed him but for all sorts of reasons it didn’t work out. That can happen as it did to come extent with Torres at Chelsea.

I watched United last night and they were toothless up front with not a shot on goal.

It’s difficult to understand United’s strategy in allowing both Lukaku and Sanchez to leave without signing anyone to replace them and trying to put that right in January can be very difficult.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Anonymous

Team I’d play against Leicester :

Adrian
                              Trent – Gomez – Van Dijk – Robertson
                              Milner – Fabinho – Wijnaldum
                              Salah – Firmino – Mane

I’d look to give Keita 20 mins, regardless of the score. Klopp doesn’t seem to trust Shaqiri anymore but I’d try and give him a few minutes also, were I in charge. Gomez got a hard time for a very rusty performance on Wednesdays night but that game time will have benefited him greatly. I just hope he’s going to be sharp enough for this match as our defence will be tested. It’s not been good enough so far TBH, so a stern test ahead from Vardy and co.

It’d be typical that this is where Perez gets his first goal for them.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              maverick1973
                              Participant

Can see the Magpies turning us over,anybody can these days.Foxes vs the Liberoools should be a cracking game.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                The Oracle
                                Participant

If Newcastle score against Manchester Utd they won’t lose, the Mancs can’t score twice in a game. They’ll finish mid table

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  sean the sailor
                                  Participant

I fancy Liverpool tomorrow as we can beat anyone at home but it be a very tough game

Vardy is always a concern and our high line and been to open is a worry

Leicester have some fine players who go under the radar like nidi and perrira. Two excellent players.

We need to be spot on at the back but I think we will nick it

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    The Oracle
                                    Participant

Liverpool have to drop points eventually and the chances are it will be in a drawn game as accumulation of matches takes their toll. I hope Liverpool win as we could move up to 3rd. Then again we have to beat Bournemouth and that won’t be easy.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Adlab
                                      Participant

We all make bad signings. City Mangala -Β£40 odd million. Utd, Fred Β£50m ish., Sanchez somewhere around Β£4-500,000 a week and still paying.
                                        What matters is the end product.
                                        Still waiting to see Pepe. Another possible expensive buy not performing although v early days.
                                        Tomorrows games the most interesting on paper is Liverpool v Leicester. I think Liverpool will have too much for them. But what is amazing is that you can go the whole season,lose one game and yet not win the league. Meaning a couple of draws can make all the difference for any team!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        The Oracle
                                        Participant

We all know Liverpool or City will win it, the other 2nd. Both will get a ridiculous number of points, massive goal diff and one will miss out. Then there will be a 25pt gap to 3rd. All very predictable

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Anonymous

Poch latest comments are not the words of someone who wants to leave, so it seems that it’s nonsense. They obviously have some problems ATM but ya, not Poch.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 350 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.