Home Community General Football Weekend Football – Gameweek 6

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Main header of the Weekend has to be Chelsea v Man City.

Definitely a score draw for me. It would have to take something special to split the two teams. Should this be then I think it will play an important part in how the Title Race will shape (even at this stage of the season).

London Derby elsewhere. I see the Gunners of late gripping hold of momentum and look more of a stronger candidate unless Spurs have other ideas and can find something.

Some good matches to look forward to all round. If anybody is making plans, keep it locked to footie 🙂 😉

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Pagan
      Participant

Well cricket season finished last weekend, and timing is brilliant, so me and the kids are off to with the Millwall crowd for a day out in Nottingham to watch Forest host Millwall, happy days………Pagan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

Sounds like a Plan Pagan watching Forest at the City Ground under a New Manager.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

So Pagon you from Millwall. Interesting 🤔

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

Agree with Nil the game of the weekend looks like Chelsea v City and tbh I would happily take a draw now.

Whatever the result I don’t think it will have a decisive effect on the PL title race though, no PL title is won or indeed lost in September.

Currently the PL table doesn’t reflect the difficult games that some teams have had to play v the easier run of games that some teams have enjoyed up to this weekend but that’s the luck of the draw and it will all even itself over time.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Editor
              Keymaster

I fancy City to get at least a draw. I think people are writing City off far too quickly. The NLD could be interesting. No idea how that one might go. Liverpool should have too much for Brentford. Leicester back to winning ways, too.

I was quite confident of 3 points for Utd at home to Villa but I’ve started to be a bit concerned now about them. They gave Chelsea all kinds of problems at their place twice recently and hammered a good Everton side. We should be beating them but I think it will be tight.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Brian blue
                Participant

Chelsea v City shoud be a cracking game. Both will want a win but I feel City are still not up to speed yet, despite the big wins, much depends on who the CBs are or I should say who will partner Diaz. LB still a problem, I would like to see Foden in and link with Grealish . Have a feeling Chelsea will edge this one , then we get ready for Messi, Neymar and Mbappe on Wednesday and Liverpool on Saturday. Important week for city

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Rover
                  Participant

Real tough 3 games for City, wonder what the outcomes will be. Does seem a bit unfair to play against those 3 teams in just over one week. Luck of the draw I suppose

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Pagan
                    Participant

MistraWhoever No………Pagan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Anonymous

Thank goodness I was a bit scared you know

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Rover
                        Participant

MM Millwall is more or less the same as central London in terms of safety, If you don’t wear football merchandising then you should be fine.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Mikus LFC
                          Participant

If City lose to Chelsea, then that will be four straight defeats to them in all competitions. I think that will be preying on Pep’s mind. So how does he play it? On one hand you want to play to the strengths of the team in terms of attacking, but if bold, that can be too risky and cause mistakes which plays right into Chelsea’s hands. And we saw how that played out in the CL final.

Perhaps City can look to the way Real Madrid played it against Atletico Madrid in the CL final some years ago I think – let Atletico have a lot of the ball and then draw them out and attack them. I think that’s the way you increase the risk of Chelsea making mistakes, which is what they usually do to City. So turn the tables on them.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Mikus LFC.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Pagan
                            Participant

Yeah, just wear Hacket, CP or Stone Island (not to be confused with River Island) and you’ll blend right in…………Pagan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              nine nine nine

Chelsea seemingly are planning to to play 3/5/2 as per the second half v Spurs?

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Werner providing he is fit partner Lukaku up top because of his speed which gives him ability to potentially stretch the City back 4.

I went to a Millwall v Chelsea FA Cup game at the New Den it was the most frightening experience of my football supporting life Millwall fans attacked Chelsea fans invading the pitch from there end all along the stand on the side pulling Chelsea fans out of boxes as well as fighting with the Police and attacking Police horses as they attempted to get to all the fans in the Chelsea end where I was.

Getting back to the car was even worse with running battles as Millwall fans looked to hijack Chelsea fans on their way home.

I wouldn’t go back to the New Den ever even if you paid me too!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Anonymous

9 that’s why I’m saying I’m surprised theres a Chelsea fan staying or even visiting that area, it may be the same as central London but not on match day or even if they know you not a Millwall supporter your family and home become targets. Disgraceful suburb.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Pagan
                                  Participant

You’d be fine MistraMarvel, I’m sure you must have a Millwall shirt amongst all the other shirts you’ve got………….Pagan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

Mount and Pulasic out injured for the City game Mendy fit. I’m not sure Mount would have played anyway if the rumour of 3/5/2 from Chelsea is accurate Mount will be a miss from the bench though if needed.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      steveosnakeeye
                                      Participant

We have picked up some results but it’s by no means been commanding
                                        Might be too early for us but then Spurs aren’t pulling up any trees
                                        Nuno first nld too ….

Trouble is the spuds tend to turn up for these and far to often we don’t and might be just what Harry needs to reingratiate himself with fans

I hope we win of course just have utterly no belief we will ….

Ever

Against anyone 🤣

Thanks Micky 🙄

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        steveosnakeeye
                                        Participant

Come on Nancy surely you aren’t “busy” for this one?! 😁

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Chucky McChuckface
                                          Participant

Beep… Nancy can’t come to the phone right now, as she is sitting in Istanbul airport waiting for her connecting flight having spent the last 9 days in a very hot place, and is very grumpy as she has sand in all her cracks…but having a nice cold one is mellowing her mood a little…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 157 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.