Home Community General Football Week 19: With a bit of 18, 17 & 16 thrown in…. :)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

No idea who might be playing or not, who’s got fully fit squads, who’s got “nobody” left, who got a PS5 in their stockings… but the law of averages suggest we should get at least some football on Boxing Day, one way or the other.

But I do think Antonio has been on the sherry a bit early when he said that Eric “Action Man Haircut” Dier could become one of the best in the world… maybe he’s been introduced to Christmas Crackers or something, who knows? πŸ™‚

(Although, to be fair, Eric has been very decent this season, when compared to last, this middle of a back 3 role his got does seem to suit his game!)

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

Next few games will be a bit of a lottery re which games are on or off and who is available to play in them.

I think they should have taken a break and with Wales closing Stadiums and Scotland limiting attendances to 500 you would imagine similar will happen here shortly.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        robbo7
        Participant

Games shouldn’t be going ahead as they are now.

The clowns at Downing Street have shot themselves in the foot hy limiting attendance or have games behind closed doors. Whatever they decide they will get called out on their hypocrisy and it will be a PR disaster.

Public safety needs to come 1st and they should put their egos to 1 side and do the right thing.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

I think we love a bit of Boxing Day footy anyway, but for me, my very first game was a Boxing Day match, woke up Christmas day, went nuts on my prezzies under the tree (I was only 27… I jest, I was 8!) and got well exicited when I got the complete Spuds kit in (times were hard in those days and I remember me Ma wrapping up the socks individually to make my “pile” look bigger!)… and to be honest, I was as happy as a pig in custurd AND blankets… so you imagine how nuts I went when it was pointed out there was another envelope in the tree for me… containing a ticket for Spuds vs Southampton the next day… still the best Christmas EVER!!!

Boxing Day without football just won’t feel right… understable and certianly not disagreeable… but it just wouldn’t be Christmas for me!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

I’m just happy to have Boxing Day off for the first time in several years. All devoted to football. It’s gonna feel slightly unusual with the timetabling, but a feast. A time for the players to try and maintain their form and fitness.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Rover
              Participant

Spurs vs Hammers should be the pick of tonight’s fixtures

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Anonymous

They should have had a vaccine mandate for PL fixture from the start. Why does this whole covid situation seem like an endless series of closing gates after the horses have bolted?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

Whilst I think all players should be fully vaccinated you can’t impose vaccinations on football players or anybody else for that matter it remains an individual choice.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

Liverpool v Leeds and Wolves v Watford called off – Covid.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Adlab
                      Participant

Tottenham boss Antonio Conte says Thursday’s meeting between managers and the Premier League to discuss issues around the Covid-19 pandemic was like talking to a brick wall.

On Monday the league chose to continue playing through the Christmas period.

Three games on 26 December have now been postponed, taking the total to 13, while players and club staff returned a record 90 positive tests last week.

Asked if the meeting was a waste of time, Conte said: “I think so.”

The Italian added: “Yesterday it was [like talking to] a wall and for this reason I also prefer to not go into it.”

The Premier League has declined to comment and BBC Sport has been told Spurs boss Conte did not contribute to any discussions within the meeting.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Adlab
                        Participant

Mak.
                          It’s because there is a populist idiot in charge. Still listening to those arch brexiteers.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

Adlab, I was a Remainer however given the whole of EU is struggling with Covid some worse than we are I’m not sure how Brexit impacts on Covid in the UK?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Adlab
                            Participant

Not directly but indirectly. Many medical staff and care home workers went home because of the pandemic and didn’t return…brexit. Also ditto with vets.
                              Bozo is a hostage to those right wing Torries who put him there ..the same crew who were part of the so called European Research Group. They are deadly against restrictions. Bozo gives in.

Anyhow nothing I can do!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Nike19
                              Participant

Another fixture called off. Thank goodness Fantasy has given us a free-hit, haha.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Nike19
                                Participant

How often are players carrying out Lateral Flow tests? Daily? Weekly, it would be interesting to know. Looks more like a cycle building up with some clubs.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Adlab
                                  Participant

Nike. Every day, so I understand.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

“Not directly but indirectly. Many medical staff and care home workers went home because of the pandemic and didn’t return…brexit. Also ditto with vets.”

To be fair Adlab none of that had anything to do with Brexit.

I’m pretty sure we’re heading for a Lockdown post Christmas.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Nike19
                                      Participant

I think it needs a consolidation. All that will happen if we continue like this is some games being called off. The Table will look fragmented with some teams played more than others and vice-versa.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Chucky McChuckface
                                        Participant

Is it on or what??

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Anonymous

Nine, sorry instead of mandate, I guess I should have said vaccine screening. I was talking about fans in the stadiums. The environment is not good and needs some forms pof protection.

you cant make people get a vaccine but you can and should make sure that people understand that there are consequences for their choices.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 84 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.