Home Community Liverpool Wayne Clarke 1987 – Ending Liverpool's 29 unbeaten run of League games

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Distinctive memory and a Collectors item which ever way you want to look at it.

Was just a boy growing up, but believe me, felt it as I was always used to Liverpool just getting through the gears and winning, Saturday/Sunday in Saturday/Sunday out.

The whole point of this truly is that I am truly looking forward to Man City touch down our neck of the woods and this being a perfect platform of an opportunity for Jurgen Klopp to just ‘Boss it’.

Would we truly be the ones to bring down Man City’s curtain or at least bring them back down to earth???

That’s the nature of the beast. Of-course, Liverpool themselves were hated back in that particular time and day – fair dos taking into consideration, football rivalry as a given.

5-0 against Pep Guardiola’s side on a Saturday or a Sunday live game.

Now that I would love, truly. 20 behind Manchester United, but what Pride and self worth would we be able to present ourselves with, just like understandably Wayne Clarke, 30 years ago.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      goatistuta
      Participant

And what if we turn up and beat you? What then?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

It’s a possibility, but even so, they’d be a fair fight and I can’t see us honestly being played off the park like other teams so far have done. There is something special about Anfield, but then, that’s my bias all over.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

It’s a “possibility”? Are you still pissed from Friday? 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

I think there’s more chance of Father Christmas giving Meghan Markle away on the 19th May than Liverpool beating this Man City team 5 nil at Anfield!?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

Haha, well, we were 4-1 up at one point – stuck with my 5-0 prediction.

The main point though re this thread, I gods honest truth knew from December we’ll have this day and it would be us to finally put an end to City’s unbeaten run.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

Nil I thought Liverpool were terrific today and I can’t pay them a bigger compliment than to say at times Liverpool made City look quite ordinary but terrible defending by City massively contributed to their down fall today.

I don’t think Father Christmas was ever in danger of being called upon to give Meghan Markie away though.?

As satisfying as it was to beat City there are no extra points for beating City or ending their run and at the end of the season I’m sure it will still be City lifting the PL trophy.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Nike19
                  Participant

All true mate, all true 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

Good to see you smiling mate.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.