Home Community General Football Signing of the Season?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Editor
    Keymaster

Who would everyone put down as the signing of the Season so far? It’s a tough one as there are a lot of unknowns. Last season, Kante was an obvious choice after his Leicester exploits and surprisingly low price.

This one is a bit tougher. Morata is a bit of an unknown in this league, as is Silva, Bakayoko, Salah, Lacazette etc. I have a feeling Lacazette may just flop. I’m not sure he has enough about him to make an impact in this league.

My outside tip is Solanke, who I think will do a Sturridge and make Chelsea regret letting him go. I also think Dele Alli may struggle this season.

Gif

Animated GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

t

• This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Editor.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Blaze
      Participant

I am a Chelsea fan and have a feeling of regret letting Solanke go even though it was his decision it could come back to be another haunt for us, problem here is everyone wants to play and if you cant assure them at least decent game time to prove themselves then why not? My issue is are all out of this country players deemed better than our home grown youth players? It appears they are.

React below 👇

Loading spinner

Not sure about Solanke. Wasn’t he loaned out and didn’t really do much?

I think Lemar, if he eventually joins Arsenal, could be one of the signings of this window. Silva should be a good one too. Agree about Lacazette. He’ll score a few but I don’t think he’s much more than a decent goalscorer in the Defoe/Chicharito mould

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Anonymous

So difficult to call at this point. Lukaku will score a lot of goals and I think will go down as a very good signing but to be a great signing, you generally want to see someone turns out to be good value for money. Lukaku would have to score an insane amount of goals before anyone would suggest he’s been good value for money. Chicharito could be a steal at the price West Ham got him for

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

Matic could well be crucial for Utd. Finishes off the midfield nicely and could allow Pogba to show his true worth.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Editor
            Keymaster

Matic is a funny one Alfie. The Chelsea fans seem really mixed on the idea of him having joined Utd. He looked brilliant when he first came back to Chelsea then be seemed to struggle to find that form again, although he remained a mainstay in the side. He could well be a big signing for this season.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.