Home Community Liverpool Riyad set for Liverpool Move?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

So it’s been doing the rounds that a 49 million move will be completed today and he’s up in Liverpool for a medical.

2 Papers have reported this, plus it’s on the twitter feed.

Wow, that would be some signing.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Nike19.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      paul powers tash
      Participant

You’ve got Salah already for where he plays.Or is he a back up ?
        Sorry I’ve been away a few days.If I’ve missed a post about it.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

Countinho’s replacement supposedly, but our number 1 target was Lemar.

My local Newspaper reports there’s no interest but sources from elsewhere otherwise states, he’s due in for a Medical today and should complete the move.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          paul powers tash
          Participant

You might need both to replace the wee man? πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

Lot’s of conflicting stories about Mahrez good player but he plays in a position where Liverpool are well covered.

If it’s not running as a ticker tape story on Sky Sports News it’s a pretty good sign that nothing is currently happening.

Lot’s of time though left in the window yet and perhaps other potential targets.

Ideally Liverpool didn’t want to weaken their squad and damage their chances of being able to hang on to a CL place this season by selling Coutinho until the Summer which I suspect suggests that Liverpool will try and strengthen to make up for the loss of Coutinho.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              paul powers tash
              Participant

I’m sure I saw some story (on here)linking Chelsea to Mahrez last week ?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

We’ve lost Coutinho of his ilk, but we have MO Salah and Sadio Mane already.

We’ve been told trillions of times, our defence needs strengthening so we’ve done that with Van Dijk.

It’s not all doom and gloom. The future is bright and we’re healthy as far as the League stature goes and CL.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Pagan
                  Participant

Personally I think he would be a better fit at Chelsea, but I think Liverpool are trying to raise their profile by showing they can buy big, however if you’re going to spend big you do have to deliver….Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

Nil, I agree mate sacrificing Coutinho for VVD and perhaps a decent Keeper plus Keita given that Liverpool still have Mane,Firmino and Salah will probably make Liverpool a better team overall.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

What I don’t understand (even if it was ‘fake news’) why would somebody report “undergoing a medical today”?

We’ve had Metro, Express, Mirror, BeIN Sports.

Liverpool understandably have quashed all this. Maybe he’s been secretly flown into Melwood hahaha.

And something later might emerge as ‘Breaking News’.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

Nil, allegedly the story started in France. Lot’s of silly stories emanate from there.

I don’t think Liverpool will have unlimited money to spend according to This is Anfield Klopp’s spending was up to Β£108m nett after the VVD transfer and they are commited to another circa Β£60m to get Keita in the Summer if you do the maths that puts Klopp in the black by circa Β£25m after the Coutinho transfer.

Given all of the above and the areas that Liverpool need to strengthen with Mane, Firmino and Salah Mahrez looks like a luxury purchase that they don’t really need but Klopp does like offensive players so you wouldn’t rule it out.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.