Home Community Liverpool Personal Favourite

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Just watching the highlights again. Our 3rd goal is wonderful in how it goes Mane-> Firmino -> Salah -> Firmino ->Mane! (or some order very close to that).

That really puts a smile on my face. This Liverpool team are so good and also so bad (the odd time). It’s the weaknesses at the back that are stopping me from exclaiming that this is my favourite ever Liverpool team but I’ll tell you, sometimes I do think that.

Mane was amazing for us last season and he’s looked unhappy for huge spells of this one but he did well last night and will have 10 days to really let it sink in that he’s still one of the “fab 3” (or whatever you might want to call them). I can’t tell you how much I love the attitude of Firmino and Salah then. They are a rare breed of skillful grafters and I’m sure Klopp has a big part to play in bringing these qualities out in them.

As for our midfield, the players that stand out for me as “favourites” would be Wijnaldum, Lallana and it may be early days but I really like Oxlade and think he’s got a big future ahead for us. The determination from Lallana and Oxlade are of a familiar theme, it was Lallana who was the quickest to convert to this type upon Klopp’s arrival. He’s not done anything yet this season but it’s not over yet. As for Wijnaldum, I think he’s under-rated. Far too much (in my opinion) is made of inability to score away from home in the PL and I don’t think this necessarily ties to his actual performance levels. He simply just doesn’t score. The guy is very clever on the ball though, he’s unshakable really. How often do you see him under severe pressure, only to release the ball in a positive manner? There’s nothing overtly flashy about it though, so it often seems to go under the radar.

Midfield still needs the arrival of Keita to get to that next level though, so I look forward to hopefully seeing a Liverpool side that I like even more, next season. That would also have to include a change at the back, or would it? Robertson is a bloody revelation! I couldn’t be happier with him. On the other side we’ve 2 decent young players in TAA and Gomez to fight for a place in the team. Key to our development is the hopefully impending emergence of a solid CB pairing and I don’t think we can write Lovren off just yet, as he’s not bad on the right side, with Van Dijk next to him.

I think we should go for a world class GK in the summer but Karius is looking like he’s got some ability now, still a lot to prove though. . but he’s going to get the chance, so good luck to him.

Overall, that’s a lot of players that I really enjoy to watch and not just support because they are wearing red. We’ve got a lot of developing and gelling to do but under potentially the absolute best manager that we could possibly draw to the club, I think we’re looking at something special here.

Here’s to our defence improving as the change of players and positions solidifies. We will have to improve to increase our chances of progressing to the semi’s of the CL but the potential is there.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

As long as you Finnish behind my boys, I’d love to see Pool as far up the table as possible, so we can both give the Money Bags clubs a run for their money!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        srd79
        Participant

Because Liverpool are NOT bigspenders! πŸ˜€

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Chucky McChuckface
          Participant

When compared to others…. (I was wondering who was going to nibble, and it was the Baconmuncher!)…. πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            srd79
            Participant

Nibbling is my thing, mate!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Chucky McChuckface
              Participant

Tease…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                maverick1973
                Participant

Maybe the baconmuncher did smell ……….BACON?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  srd79
                  Participant

Oooohhhh….. Don’t get me started!! Bacon should be in the periodic table!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    maverick1973
                    Participant

Probably is,just need to find it.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Anonymous

Mak, if you add a couple of quality defenders alongside VVD + Keita coming in MF you will be joint favourites with City for the title next season,seriously scary .

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Brian blue
                        Participant

I would not be over concerned about your defense makaveli, City have been lambasted by all the pundits for years, even now. What the Pool performance said last night this is a team game and like City…we will let in goals, we will loose matches but enjoy playing the game. Owners, of course may think differently so a cool head is needed and always a longer term objective When it comes to attacking and entertainment you have to say City, Pool and Spurs are out in front

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Thab
                          Participant

Proper holding midfielder and maybe another central defender.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Anonymous

liverpool are currently 3rd in the legaue, 20 points off top and only 2 points above 5th. i just dont buy in to this liverpool are the main contenders next season and are only 2 signings off competing. if they make two quality additions to their team and no one else does anything then maybe, but everyone else will strengthen as well. united, city and chelsea will spend stupid money as has become the norm.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              sean the sailor
                              Participant

Agree Paxton. People going totally overboard

We need to cement our place in the top 4 this season then next season and also add a domestic cup

Spurs outplayed us two weeks ago. I don’t get the hype when a result like Swansea is only a game away

I’m enjoying watching us but no way is top 4 a forgone conclusion. Finish top 4 and keep progressing but we badly need a cup next season

We won last night and next thing people are saying we can win the cl lol. People need to relax as they could be set for a fall soon as that’s what usually happens with us

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                sean the sailor
                                Participant

We need a keeper, centre back, couthino replaced, can replaced if he goes and another forward

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  nine nine nine

I agree with Paxton Liverpool are getting better but City and United will spend really big again in the Summer and City are already significantly better than anyone else it’s difficult to seeing anyone catching City bar United who are the only club that can get anywhere near to matching their spending.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Big Jim
                                    Participant

Haha nine, United are the only club that can get near City’s spending. It could easily be said its the other way round. I would also argue that we dont have a need to spend big again this summer. But united may well hand Mouriniho more money to waste.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Big Jim.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Chucky McChuckface
                                      Participant

I know Pool are having a great season and swatting teams away with relative ease (except my Spuds! πŸ˜‰ ), and the future is certainly looking very rosy for them, but as for next season, aren’t we all forgetting claims for certain players agents about certain players only using Pool as a bit of a stepping stone? Wee Phil is gone (although not seriously missed it seems!) and can we expect Salah to do the same?

Anyway, as many of you have said, the Money Bags clubs are going to go out and spend another couple of hundred million each anyway to stay in front, reckong the rest of us will be fighting for 3rd behind the Manc Boys…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Big Jim
                                        Participant

Same can be said for Spurs as Liverpool Chucky. You would have to be seriously niaeve to think Kane and Ericksen Alli and Dembele will stay at whl even in the medium term if you don’t start winning things. The money bags clubs will snap them up?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Chucky McChuckface
                                          Participant

Big J… but you’re forgetting none of our boys “agents” (cockwombles the lot of ’em) have gone public and declared their ultimate goal is to bugger off to those cockwombles in Madrid… but other than that you do have a point. πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.