Home Community General Football Ole sacked

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 335 total)
  • Author
    Mikus LFC
    Participant

Looks confirmed now…

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

As a rival, 20 plus and beyond years damaging Liverpool Disliked him. Present, I never would have wished him this; looks all but in the English Media Confirmed.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

He’s broken 🙁 Sad.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

Ed, you must be very relieved, well, partially. Obviously the people making these decisions must also go. If That is Woodward, well… he wont be long I guess.

Nil, I never actually disliked Ole as a player. I have disliked quite a few Utd players over the years. As a manager though, I just do not respect his capability. It isn’t personal for me but I’ve always been of the opinion that he’s out of his depth. I think it comes across in his interviews and you might say that’s only to the press but he never really had a plan for the things he would say to the media, so how much better is he going to be for the players?

Signing Ronaldo was the final nail, as after that point success was a must. Really, this should have happened a long long time ago, Jose should have been fired LONG before he was also… I have no love for Utd but I for whatever reason, still kinda get frustrated at seeing such ineptitude. I shouldnt because Liverpool are now not that far from Utd, in terms of financial capability. Before They started making such horrible decisions with regards to managers and signings, I think they were just so far ahead of us that it was laughable.

I would say that this is the start of them getting their mojo back but we’ll see if they can get Zidane or not. I think Keane is a good idea, if they cant. Keane may not have winning experience as a manager but you know he won’t accept anything but 100%. The clowns who have dragged the team down will be told to give a shit, or enjoy the bench. Some players will respond positively to that, some wont. They should ship out the “wonts”, of course.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

He’s sadly gone. Essentially, the meeting tonight held was to call it a day.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Anonymous

I don’t believe it’s right to promote a coach and then based on a few bad results to have him sacked. His done his fair share of good too, give him an extension, other clubs (bless them) are even willing to pay for it.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

Ole seemingly gone but yet to be confirmed officially I’m glad they’ve put him out of his misery just for his sake.

Suggestion is that Darren Fletcher will take over for the next two games v Villarreal and Chelsea prior to a permanent appointment being confirmed? Probably Zidane?

Something to bear in mind “Any decision may be delayed, though, because the club must inform the New York Stock Exchange of any decision to dismiss him. It does not open again until Monday.” Teamwork.

As Pep said a couple of weeks back “Nobody can survive without results No one No Koeman no Pep no one” it doesn’t matter who you are if you don’t win football games you’ll get criticised from all quarters inc the media and ultimately a lack of results will cost you your job as we’ve seen in the last few weeks.

Ole pay off is suggested at £7.5m I thought it might be more than that given the length of his contract but that’s a decent amount to walk away with.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Pagan
                  Participant

Let’s face it, Ole’s not getting sacked, he’s getting his contract paid up without actually having to work it, not a bad life really………Pagan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

If the £7.5m compensation fee is accurate that is one year’s salary on a contract that runs until 2024.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Pagan
                      Participant

So not getting sacked then………Pagan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

Only you understand that logic Pagan.😊

Based on what’s being reported Ole is not getting his contract paid up but is being paid the equivalent of one year’s salary which presumably part of the contract that both sides agreed to and signed up to at the beginning of Ole’s new contract.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Pagan
                          Participant

You don’t get paid if you get sacked 9, Ole is having his contract paid off, the discussion is how much they will pay and on what terms, such as when he can take up another position else where………Pagan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Editor
                            Keymaster

Right decision. Don’t blame Ole at all and his legacy as a player remains intact. Not only should he have been removed before it got this bad but he should never have been given the role on a permanent basis.

Now hoping Fletcher doesn’t have a brilliant spell and we make the same mistake. I would hope we wouldn’t be so naive but I wouldn’t bet against it.

I have a horrible feeling we’ll end up settling on Rodgers simply because Leicester now won’t mind letting him go. I’d be content with Zidane as I feel he’d get this current squad playing and give them an instant lift.

I’d love us to take a gamble on Ten Hag. He could be a massive flop like De Boer (who also did great with Ajax) but it could also be great. I love what Ajax are about and what Van Der Saar, Overmars and Ten Hag have done there. Obviously a huge step up to then take over Utd, the star players, the expectations and so on. So, my dream appointment would be Van Der Saar taking over from Woodward with Ten Hag taking over from Ole. If that isn’t possible until the summer, so be it IMO. I don’t think that will happen though. We’ll offer a huge contract to Zidane. He’ll say no and we’ll turn to Rodgers and Leicester will probably bring in Potter/Lampard and be laughing all the way to the bank with their compensation package.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              steveosnakeeye
                              Participant

Very sad loved ole at the wheel
                                Let’s see what happens next …

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

Pagan, according to all the reports United will pay Ole £7.5m which is a year’s salary if Ole’s contract was being paid up that would go to June 2024 and cost United north of £18m so presumably there’s a clause in the contract stating how much United would have to pay Ole if they sacked him.

All Managers get paid a compensation figure when sacked according to the terms of their contract Jose made it a lucrative business.😊

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  FoxyFoxes
                                  Participant

just confirmed

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

“Manchester United have confirmed the departure of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer following their 4-1 defeat to Watford on Saturday. The Red Devils were played off the pitch at Vicarage Road. And the 48-year-old has now lost his job in the aftermath. ” Express

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Blaze
                                      Participant

Solskjaer must feel relieved, he does not have to worry about money and the responsibility must have been a huge burden. Why worry be happy.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Pagan
                                        Participant

9, not overly sure your familiar with how being sacked works, if your sacked your employment is terminated with immediate effect and you don’t get compensation or any other benefits. Ole has had his contract paid off, if you note it says parted company with mutual consent, that is to say they’ve come to an agreement for him to leave with an appropriate compensation package which won’t be the full salary but also won’t have all the conditions they could enforce. You don’t get that if your sacked…………Pagan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Editor
                                          Keymaster

Carrick in temporary charge, which seems to have rubbed people up the wrong way considering he’s been very much involved in this decline, but I’m not sure what else could have been done for the foreseeable. Someone has to do it until a long term decision is made.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 335 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.